Comment

1 ADAM 12, show us code 7…..
      Hey Kidd, I've got more time On Meal than you have "On the Job"

Comment

10-7, agreed, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
          OP. Don’t argue. You got the info.
          Did I argue? Maybe you mistook someone else's comments for mine. I'm just asking questions. I greatly appreciate all the advice and info.
          ATBarker
          Forum Member
          Last edited by ATBarker; 11-08-2021, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post

I live in Iowa, I have no idea how that agency would identify their deputies

53-14 is my badge number and radio call number. 53 is the number of my county in alphabetically order. 14 is my individual number There is no other 53-14 in the state
            Great. This clears it up for me.

So something like, "Dispatch, 24-04, checking out the Motel 6 on 285. Suspicious activity. Send backup. Over." 24 being the alphabetical order of the county in Texas and 04 being the individual number of the deputy.

Comment

Originally posted by ATBarker View Post

Great. This clears it up for me.

So something like, "Dispatch, 24-04, checking out the Motel 6 on 285. Suspicious activity. Send backup. Over." 24 being the alphabetical order of the county in Texas and 04 being the individual number of the deputy.
              NOBODY ever says OVER .

I have no idea if Texas uses the alphabetical designation like Iowa does.
              My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

For what it’s worth, where I work it would go like this:

Me: “Dispatch, 423, suspicious”

Dispatch: “423”

Me: “Hold me out at 123 Park, suspicious person white male white shirt red hat. He went inside, that building is abandoned. Attempting contact.”

Dispatch: “Copy, do you want cover?”

Me: “A-firm, routine”

wevtry to specify a call type in the initial transmission so the dispatcher can prioritize if multiple units are calling.

we don’t waste bandwidth with Rodger, you-me/me-you, over and out, etc.

backup means send multiple units emergent, cover usually means send one unit routine tho you can specify number of units and response.

we always specify routine or emergent anyway, because our cover always comes from a neighboring agency (we only have one unit on duty) and if they wreck the liability is on us, not their parent agency.

my call sign is based on department, assignment and seniority. There are 4 main radio channels in our county, plus two clearance channels. One for municipalities north, one for municipalities south, one county wide for the sheriff and one for the main city in the county. Each municipal channel assigns “hundred series” ranges to each town. There are 100s, 200s up to 900s on each municipal channel…. So my town is 400, our chief is 401, the sergeants 405 and 406, patrol is 421-426, our cso is 450.

When I was a sheriffs deputy it was based just on seniority. The Sheriff Himself was Sheriff 1, up to Sheriff 26 or however many deputies we had. Jail deputies were John-whatever if they came up on the radio for something, and animal control was Adam-whatever. Once per year they would bump people up to close holes.
                Last edited by tanksoldier; 12-31-2021, 08:47 PM.
                "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5124 users online. 272 members and 4852 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X