300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrest details

(This question is prompted by a recent episode of Blue Bloods--hope that doesn't bother anyone.)

When an officer arrests a suspect, would he automatically have access to, say, this suspect's military records? Would he see an after-action report about an incident when the veteran was in the military and be able to find out details of said incident?

The nice thing about cop shows on TV is that in 60 minutes, they can resolve issues that may take months or even years to complete. The can go from arrest, to trial to prison in 40 minutes and a dead body can make it to the morgue with the autopsy completed in less than five minutes.

I've been retired for a while, but if I wanted something from a person's military records, I had to submit a written request to the military archives and wait about four or five weeks for a response.
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

In short, no. Also, an after-action report is not going to be in someone's personnel file. I think an episode of NCIS had a suspect's pay stubs and work history in their wonder computer.
      Last edited by just joe; 05-03-2021, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Thanks, L-1 and Just joe!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4875 users online. 286 members and 4589 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X