Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are some unique ways of finding evidence that leads to a location/stash-house?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are some unique ways of finding evidence that leads to a location/stash-house?

Often we see the cliche of finding a piece of paper with an address written on it or a matchbox with the name of a bar or strip-club or something. What are either some unique experiences of finding evidence that you have or maybe some unique ideas for doing so that you've not seen in police/detective films?

Well, there's standard detective stuff like doing work around phones or vehicles linked to the person you're interested in. Or his associates. Or sometimes the associates of the associates. Stash houses in particular often come to light when they're raided by other criminals. But I've known stash houses to be discovered when the person who is supposed to be guarding the premises forgets his keys and has to break in, with the neighbours reporting a burglary in progress. We also had a job recently where the person in the stash house suffered a psychotic break and his associates turned up to drag him out (and in a rare display of humanity, take him to hospital). That one was reported as a possible kidnapping. Or if you're stupid enough to deal out of the same property where you're storing, growing or manufacturing the product. Nothing worse than a lazy criminal.
    I'm a little bit waayy, a little bit wooah, a little bit woosh, I'm a geezer.

Comment

Or just burn it down and wait for funny colored smoke or explosions.
      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
        Or just burn it down and wait for funny colored smoke or explosions.
        Slightly off topic, once spoke to a colleague who got the plum job of training Police officers in one of the former British colonies in the Caribbean. They mentioned that they usually began a raid on a crack den by spraying it with automatic fire to keep everyone's heads down. But what if there are innocent people inside, he asked. Genuine puzzlement. and then the reply: Why would there be innocent people in a crack house?

I'm a little bit waayy, a little bit wooah, a little bit woosh, I'm a geezer.

Comment

Strewth!!!!
          Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Everything in books and movies is far more fanciful than real life, 99% of the time.

We know who the usual suspects are, we know the exes’ houses, we know the mother’s house... we know who they have been arrested with or co-defendants with before, we know who their victims were in previous crimes, we know the pawnshops the use we know the bars they frequent. Their finger prints are on file, their mug shots are on file, their DNA is on file. We know their phone numbers, addresses, parole or probation officers, the cars they have registered in their name, the cars they’ve been pulled over driving, the cars their associates and family own. We know were/ when they use their credit or debit card or where/when they cash checks ... or use the vic’s financial instruments. We know where they’ve been incarcerated, who posted bail in the past, who their cellies were.

We know when and where their next court date is (I’ve made more arrests at courthouses than anywhere/ everywhere else combined).

We know which gangs are feuding, we know the criminal history of the victims, which gangs they run with, what crimes they have been arrested for in the past and who THEY were arrested or co-defendants with... and their exes and moms and so on.

We know the people the victims have or have had restraining orders against, civil or criminal cases with, been married to... who they have rented to or from. Who they have called or emailed, who they communicate with on social media.

You’d be amazed what video you can get from ring cameras and similar products these days. We can take footprint impressions, car tire impressions...

The frequency of a serious crime being committed with absolutely no connection between perp and vic, and no previous involvement in the CJ system or courts, is vanishingly small. It happens... there are millions of crimes committed every day, so even statistical improbabilities happen, but...

Statistically, serious crimes are usually committed against a known or associated victim, against another criminal and/ or against persons of the same ethnicity. That covers 85% of crime in the US at least.

The modern versions of what you’re looking for are the abandoned stolen car with the thief’s wallet inside... or the thief in the car pulled over asleep in a rest area... or the armed robber who runs but drops his phone... or the armed robber who fills out a job application with his real info then robs the store.

Match boxes for strip clubs? Not so much.

I literally got a felony warrant and arrest for a car trespasser based on a tattoo: he would steal credit cards from unlocked cars late at night then buy gift cards at big box stores while the victims slept. He also dealt meth, so he would have customers drive him around... never same car twice, but CC company tells me where cards were used, get security video from stores, dude has his last name tattooed on his right forearm. Run last name thru jail database, find pics that match security video...
            Last edited by tanksoldier; 03-12-2021, 05:00 AM.
            "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Many have been found by our helicopters, they can see the heat generated in power lines/transformers and work their way back to the house that is using crazy amounts of power.

When I was living in Canada there was a grow house in Vancouver that was discovered because the snow would melt on their roof from the heat lamps in the attic, all other roofs in the street had snow that would stick.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6471 users online. 372 members and 6099 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X