300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking NYPD subject matter expert for novel chapter

Hello, my name is Christophe Maso, and I'm an aspiring professional novelist living in Manhattan, looking for NYPD (active or retired) to help as subject matter expert with authenticity and realism in my current novel's opening chapter. I'm happy to pay this individual or individuals for their time, as what I'm requesting is a little involved: 1) I need someone willing to have a voice-to-voice Q&A chat for 30-60 minutes, on the phone or in person, and 2) I need someone willing to read over a draft of the chapter once written, and point out anything that sounds unrealistic or inaccurate, as well as to make any suggestions they feel would be helpful.

My story isn't a police/crime novel, it's an urban horror/supernatural novel, but the opening chapter involves an armed confrontation between NYPD and a drug gang in a park in Central Harlem. A chaotic and tense situation, with panicking civilians and limited info for the officers involved. The action is going to follow one police officer as he and several other responding units enter the park

I'm going for accurate technical detail and gritty realism, but I absolutely won't include any information that would endanger officers, nor will I use any currently active precinct numbers. If interested, please respond to this post or by private message.

WPRQ4BU11.jpg
    When you're 20 you care what everyone thinks, when you're 40 you stop caring what everyone thinks, when you're 60 you realize no one was ever thinking about you in the first place.

-Winston Churchill

Comment

Just make sure you capture the exchange of business cards after the exchange gunfire for gritty realism.

http://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs/...g-street-stops

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8116 users online. 313 members and 7803 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X