300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police Fleet Management - Senior Paper

Hey guys, I am working on my senior paper and chose the topic of fleet management which is something that has always interested me. So if any retired or active LEO's want to give me feedback or input on the questions below, that would be great. If you have a recommendation on somewhere else this could be posted please let me know! Thanks in advance!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Does your department have a take home vehicle program?

2) What is your opinion on a shared fleet of vehicles?

3) Do you have a preference on brand (Ford, Chevrolet , Dodge) or type of vehicle (cruiser, utility, SUV)?

4) If you could get the person in charge of fleet management to listen to one thing officers have to say what would it be?

I cannot think of a more boring topic for a senior paper but whatev….

1. Yes

2. Not good

3. SUV

4. 160,000 miles and one more year? No problem, with some baling wire and duct tape..
    When you're 20 you care what everyone thinks, when you're 40 you stop caring what everyone thinks, when you're 60 you realize no one was ever thinking about you in the first place.

-Winston Churchill

Comment

• PunC
      PunC commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, it’s just something I’m interested in. I’ve always loved cars and just getting feedback from the people who have to drive them.

1. Yes.
    2. No! I'll find another department that does have take home cars.
    3.No and no. I like the Dodges but they don't hold up very well. In about 3 years your going to have to put more money in them. Just my experience.
    4. Keep up the routine and preventative maintenance and get them out of the shop ASAP.

Comment

• PunC
      PunC commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks a lot!

How does four very basic questions qualify for a “senior paper”..?
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• PunC
      PunC commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s not just based on officer opinions, but other information I have looked into and got from fleet managers in departments. Like why they choose the vehicles they do, the add-ons, what is the cost of ordering these vehicles and some other factors taken into account such as weather, open road, etc.

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
    How does four very basic questions qualify for a “senior paper”..?

Damn I thought this thread was actually about senior paper.....

PunC, hope the following answers help. When I retired my department had in excess of a 1000 public safety vehicles.
    1. Take home (unmarked vehicles) for Chief and sworn command staff , PIO, on call specialized investigators and motor units. No patrol division marked take home vehicles.
    2. Marked units and unassigned unmarked units shared.
    3. No preference, realistically little to no choice in the matter.
    4. Remind fleet employees to use “out of service” signs when transporting marked units and not treat personal items and / or department property (found in units) as a job perk or gift.
    Last edited by BTDT2; 11-29-2018, 08:57 PM.

Comment

• PunC
      PunC commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the feedback!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5760 users online. 219 members and 5541 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X