Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From desk duty to suspension?

Thank you in advance for your help!

I have this dilemma with a character in my novel: I need my detective to be put on desk duty while something he's done is investigated and then it gets upped to suspension (but not outright firing yet), butI don't know what the something could be. Can y'all think of any offense/behavior/activity on or off duty that would result in desk duty followed by suspension? I was going to do something DUI related, but I realize now nothing that involved that would result in desk duty...

Thank you!

Any criminal allegation will likely result in a suspension with pay while the investigation is done. Unless his guilt is beyond obvious, where it may be without pay.

Comment

He said/she said domestic.
      I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by reils49 View Post
          He said/she said domestic.
          Very easy to happen. All that's needed is an accusation. Example. In my dept. a husband and wife were arguing. She got angry and knew calling 911 would really cause problems. She did this and Internal affairs along w/ a patrol officer and patrol Sgt. responded. They took his badge and gun and drove him to his parents house. She was already calling him apologizing while he was still on the way there. He was on a desk for months. No law enforcement duties. For him, she recanted etc and it turned out ok. If Internal Affairs investigated and found evidence of domestic violence, suspension and probable termination.
          Judge me by the enemies I have made----Unknown

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5805 users online. 224 members and 5581 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X