300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protesters Clashed with Security Guards

The International Imagination of Anti-National Anti-Imperialist Feelings (IIAAF) marched into the Museum of Modern Art, Manhattan, to protest against unfair working conditions and the elimination of free visit Fridays. The protestors attempted to unlawfully enter the building. It's reported that one of the protesters was beaten by a security guard and two security guards had been seriously injured.

Originally posted by CentralWatch View Post
    The International Imagination of Anti-National Anti-Imperialist Feelings (IIAAF) marched into the Museum of Modern Art, Manhattan, to protest against unfair working conditions and the elimination of free visit Fridays. The protestors attempted to unlawfully enter the building. It's reported that one of the protesters was beaten by a security guard and two security guards had been seriously injured.
    So?

Comment

• L-1
      L-1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Check the forum it was posted in. Not our circus.

• BNWS
      BNWS commented
      Editing a comment
      I apologize for my disinterest. Hope the security guys ar ok
      Last edited by BNWS; 05-04-2021, 06:31 PM.

Protestors...I think not. Those are rioters plain and simple. As most of us know here, we only a have a right to peaceable assembly in this country. I still believe that if LE has the ability to quell a non-peaceable assembly and they don't, they are no better than the criminals...not the line officer, but I'm talking about up the chain where the buck stops.

Comment

Originally posted by angeredmgmt View Post
      Protestors...I think not. Those are rioters plain and simple. As most of us know here, we only a have a right to peaceable assembly in this country. I still believe that if LE has the ability to quell a non-peaceable assembly and they don't, they are no better than the criminals...not the line officer, but I'm talking about up the chain where the buck stops.
      You're right, idiots turn a protest into a riot. Something similar happened in Manchester. Fans gathered outside Manchester United's ground to protest against the Glazer family's ownership of the club. Then about 200 fans forced entry to the ground. A police officer was dragged and kicked, and another suffered a fractured eye socket.

Now United and their security guard service and the police face questions over handling the situation, considering up to 10,000 demonstrators were expected. Even though only 1,000 turned up.

Comment

CentralWatch, where in the UK are you?

Comment

Originally posted by Aidokea View Post
          CentralWatch, where in the UK are you?
          In London

Comment

Originally posted by CentralWatch View Post

In London
            Cool. On our last trip, we did Edinburgh Scotland, Dublin Ireland, Belfast Northern Ireland, two weeks on the Isle of Man for the TT, and then London, with a day trip from London to Southampton to visit the Top Gear museum. We really enjoyed the pub culture, and the tube trains made it so easy to get back to where we were staying in Westminster...

Comment

Originally posted by Aidokea View Post

Cool. On our last trip, we did Edinburgh Scotland, Dublin Ireland, Belfast Northern Ireland, two weeks on the Isle of Man for the TT, and then London, with a day trip from London to Southampton to visit the Top Gear museum. We really enjoyed the pub culture, and the tube trains made it so easy to get back to where we were staying in Westminster...
              I dream of times like that... England is reopening soon

Comment

• Aidokea
                Aidokea commented
                Editing a comment
                It was supposed to be an even better trip- I was custom-ordering a new Porsche convertible, and wanted to do it as a European Delivery, picking it up at the factory in Stuttgart.

But Porsche was going to discontinue the normally-aspirated flat-6 engines in all the non-GT cars, so I had to order the car sooner, and took delivery of it in the U.S..

So we used public transportation on that trip, except for a big-bore Ducati that we rented on the Isle of Man to ride the Snaefel Mountain Course at triple-digit speeds. It was my first time riding on the left side of the road- I did okay, except that intersections took some extra thinking...
                Last edited by Aidokea; 05-13-2021, 04:40 PM.

• Aidokea
                Aidokea commented
                Editing a comment
                The trip before that, actually was a European Delivery- I let my wife custom-order a new BMW Track Pack car, and then we flew to Munich for her to take delivery at the BMW Welt. BMW does the BEST European Deliveries- they treated us like royalty. My wife actually cried when they walked her down that big flight of stairs to her new car, slowly rotating on a big turntable under spotlights in the center of the building.

On that trip, we did Paris (to include dinner in the Eiffel Tower), Rome (on a red Vespa scooter), Munich (we did Otoberfest in costume the night before her delivery), Liechtenstein, over the San Bernardino Pass in the Swiss Alps, into northern Italy where we toured Lamborghini, Ferrari, Maserati, Pagani, Ducati, and MV Agusta (I bought a new MV Agusta), a long weekend in Venice, back up through Salzburg Austria, and then back up into Germany to see Rothenburg, a horse-drawn carriage ride up to Neuschwanstein Castle for wine and desserts, repeatedly maxxing her new car out against it's 155 mph electronic speed limiter on the German Autobahns, touring the Mosul Valley Wine Region, and then four days at the Nurburgring, to include taking turns lapping the Nordschleife at triple-digit speeds in her new car.

But the cherry on the top of that trip, was the world's most expensive taxi ride ($860 USD) for my wife in a Porsche 911 GT3 RS driven around the Nurburgring at speeds of up to 200 mph by the world's fastest taxi driver, the late Sabine Schmitz. My wife was a big fan of Sabine, and Sabine was very nice to us. She even invited us to have beers with her after. We will miss her.
                Last edited by Aidokea; 05-13-2021, 04:41 PM.

• CentralWatch
                CentralWatch commented
                Editing a comment
                Wow, that's an impressive trip.

It was a huge shock to hear Sabine Schmitz died. It wasn't public knowledge she was suffering... she was still working. She pulled out of a recent Top Gear filming at the last minute. So sad.
                Last edited by CentralWatch; 05-14-2021, 06:00 AM.

Our favorite Sabine Schmitz video, from when she was still driving a 'Ring Taxi for BMW:

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2802 users online. 158 members and 2644 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X