300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• security services

Hey, It has found that thefts in our apartment area have become common. They barge into apartments to target unwary ladies who open the doors. We have security guards in our apartment, but they do not seem effective enough to stop them. As I'm the head of the apartment association, it's my duty to take necessary action against this. So I'm thinking about hiring any security company to take proper action against this. I got a few suggestions from my colleagues about various security agencies. However, I would like to hear from you before making a final decision. How can I select the best security agency? What all security measures should be initiated to keep our premises safe and secure? Can someone recommend the names of security agencies with whom you have interacted? I would be grateful for your thoughts on it.

I think its good to rely on security services! but as the crime is increasing day by day! every individual should have something for self defense, like electric taser, a knife or sometimes i think a decoration piece of sword can be helpful in such situations!

Comment

Originally posted by usher View Post
      I think its good to rely on security services! but as the crime is increasing day by day! every individual should have something for self defense, like electric taser, a knife or sometimes i think a decoration piece of sword can be helpful in such situations!
      No.
      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

I don’t know how big the complex is and how many officers you have. You’re going to have to install cameras and make sure they have access to it. I would recommend armed officers. Some complexes have actually officers patrol the complex but their rent is either free or discounted. Make sure you have lighting everywhere so people can’t hide . You’re going to have to spend money.

Comment

Let’s take a step back and think this through.

As long as unwary residents keep opening their doors to strangers it won’t matter how many security guards you have on the premises unless you post one at each apartment.

You can have guards patrolling the complex, but by the time someone is victimized, calls the police, then security, gives them a description and the search for suspects starts, so much time has elapsed that the bad guys are usually gone.

You might be better served by a different approach:

First, start with education and training. Remind your residents that you do have this problem and that it’s very real. I know most properties are reluctant to do this because admitting they have a crime problem puts them in a bad light, but admitting it also gets people to act together to eliminate it. Constantly remind your tenants not to open the door to strangers, to use their peep holes and to install Ring devices or similar items to determine if the person at the door is a friend. If the person is not someone they know and will not go away after being refused entry, train your residents to call security to respond and check them out.

Install security cameras with recording devices throughout the complex. Put in good equipment that records in detail and not that cheap, do it yourself crap. Place the cameras so they are visible enough to be a deterrent to criminals, but in a place that they cannot easily be stolen or vandalized. They need to be located in every place someone must traverse to get in and out of the complex so they capture the face and clothing of everyone coming and going. You will need to set your system up co it can be accessed remotely by internet to download video and give the police access to do that, so someone from the detective bureau won’t be calling you at all hours asking for copies of videos when a major crime occurs. I say this from personal experience as I own an apartment building with a video security system and once received a call an night, seeking access to it when a nearby homicide occurred and I was 50 miles away from the video system in another city. I wish I had installed remote access at that time.

As far as the guards you hire, if going through a company, while you are paying the company big bucks, a lot of that goes for their overhead and the guards themselves are usually low paid. Many states require that they be licensed, but the training and testing are minimal. It’s not that often that you get someone who really has their act together, knows how to deal with a difficult situation and knows how to deal with people. I have been in situations similar to yours and have tended to hire retired cops for about or a little more than you pay the guard company. They have been around the block more than a few times, usually know how to think quick and on their feet, and understand the needs of others.
          Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

^This^. Security guards aren't going to do you any good when your residents are opening their doors. Is the property posted for "No Trespassing"? Invest in educating your residents, and installing security cameras.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9880 users online. 479 members and 9401 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X