Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favre Traded to the Jets!

Say it ain't so!!!

I'm guessing he went there solely based on the fact that they have green in their colors.....

Musta received an offer he couldn't refuse. BIG $$$$$...

Oh well.... at least the "question" has been answered. I can't wait to see what comes out of this. The Jets are probably going nuts right now knowing that they'll have that guy on their roster.

Doubt he'll play more than one or two seasons. He'll miss GB too much.

I'm sure the GB staff will have some answering to do to all the p*s*ed off fans...

LINK
    Last edited by Chit2001; 08-07-2008, 12:18 AM.
    1*

It pains me to see a great player end their career this way. Brett Favre is a Green Bay Packer, period, and should have retired with great fanfare from a city that loves him. Now what will he do? Go have one or two uneventful seasons with the Jets and just kind of dissapear?

I grew up in the 80's in the Bay Area, watching and rooting the 49ers through all the good times; then Joe Montana goes to KC and does nothing and vanishes and Jerry Rice goes to the Raiders and now what, Seattle to dissapear? WTF?

Comment

Yep.

I guess one way to look at it is that he loves the game too much to quit. If that's the case, I respect that.

However, I've always believed you should get out when you're doing well.... when you're on top. At Favre's age, he should just get out for good and become an announcer or something. Now, like you said, he'll probably fade away after a season or two.

I know one thing for sure..... Jets fans (and the Jets team!) are going crazy right now. Totally unexpected!
      1*

Comment

I like football. In fact, I love football and to date have had the utmost respect for Farve until this latest escapade of whiney; premadonnaship (just invented that word); "I'm so great they have to do what I want"; attitude.

Farve made the what can only be presumed was a calculated decision to retire last May and at the eleventh hour, decides to change his mind. Much to the shigrin of the Green Bay Packers who have been planning all summer to base their plans on a team without "Mr Wonderful" on the squad. And what happens? The whole sports world (and this has even spilled over into a major mainstream news story too) holds its collective breath to await little Bretty to decide again what he wants to do. All to which I personnally say "Who gives a rat's arse?".

I mean really....who cares? It's a rather interesting turn of events but come on already...it's a friggin game/business with really no effect on the lives of "normal" people. Radical cheeseheads aside; don't get me started with these knuckleheads many of whom had nothing better to do than stage a mass protest in town. Get a life already!

Farve will definately go the way of Rice, Montana, and Jordan. Leaving their legacies tarnished just because they are too immature to know they've had their day, were great at what they did, but didn't know when it was time to call it quits. Two words for them....John Elway.
        sigpic
        Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun.
        And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son.

Comment

BF has been a spoiled little brat for a while. He has basically DEMANDED so much that the managers got tired, then the power/pity play with retirement and coming back....

bye bye. I wish he was gone for good.

DOn't get me wrong, he is a hell of a QB. He plays a mean game. But his time is over!
          ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
          Oscar Wilde

Comment

I agree with TC... Favre should have meant it when he said he wanted to retire. Now his loyal Packer fans (myself included) have to watch him play on another team. Ugh.

Oh well... switching teams doesn't change the number of interceptions you throw...
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KapsFB View Post
              Two words for them....John Elway.

and by John Elway you mean Dan Marino, right.

I'm a huge Dolphins fan and couldn't be happier to see Favre going to the Jets. The Dolphins secondary could use those extra interceptions especially the first week of the season when the Jets play and Miami.

Comment

The Jets still won't make the playoffs. They don't have the supporting cast on offense. Favre is going to have to learn a whole new offense, etc. He will regret this. He should have just gone out on top and moved on.

Comment

Originally posted by Guams View Post
                  I agree with TC... Favre should have meant it when he said he wanted to retire. Now his loyal Packer fans (myself included) have to watch him play on another team. Ugh.

Oh well... switching teams doesn't change the number of interceptions you throw...
                  Guams! Are there riots in the streets in WI?!

I can just see some of those crazy-as* fans tipping cars over and setting them on fire over Favre, hahaha.
                  1*

Comment

Originally posted by Chit2001 View Post
                    Guams! Are there riots in the streets in WI?!

I can just see some of those crazy-as* fans tipping cars over and setting them on fire over Favre, hahaha.

They'd fit in nicely with those crazy West Virginia fans...I think the ONLY thing they know how to do is set couches on fire in the streets...it doesn't even matter if they won or lost.

Comment

Farves days are over, this is the best news I have heard all day, glad GB let him go!!
                      Your Gauging Intelligence From An Ignorant Scale

Comment

Originally posted by finfanfromWA View Post
                        and by John Elway you mean Dan Marino, right.

I'm a huge Dolphins fan and couldn't be happier to see Favre going to the Jets. The Dolphins secondary could use those extra interceptions especially the first week of the season when the Jets play and Miami.
                        Damn it, to bad the Dolphins lost Jason Taylor and Zach Thomas...It would have been great to see Bret get knocked on his arse...Bret still has Joey Portor to worry about...Word has it Miami is looking to get Pengelton (sp?),Jets old QB...

My all time favorite QB, the one the only Troy Aikman...

Last edited by Southflaguy; 08-07-2008, 03:55 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Zzzzzzzzz.......
                          "When people show you who they are, believe them." - Maya Angelou

Comment

I used to love Favre... but now he's part of my home team's rival (home team is dolphins).. So yeah lol...

I really wanted him to stay retired & if he did come back I wanted him to end his career with GB. Not the Jets

Hope we get Pennington

Comment

Originally posted by ERMDPD View Post
                              I used to love Favre... but now he's part of my home team's rival (home team is dolphins).. So yeah lol...

I really wanted him to stay retired & if he did come back I wanted him to end his career with GB. Not the Jets

Hope we get Pennington
                              You can hear the Jet fans already...

sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6772 users online. 350 members and 6422 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X