300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favre Fiasco

So far I don't think anyone in here has touched this with a 10-foot pole...I for one don't care about the Packers or Favre but I think it would be interesting to see what everyone else thinks...is he a distraction or legit or both?
    Last edited by VTHokie21; 08-05-2008, 05:41 PM. Reason: spelling

I like Brett Farve. I've never been a Packers fan but he has been an enjoyable player to watch over the years. Not too flashy, just a good ole boy playing ball. I think he has kind of strung the Packers along the last few years over whether he would return or not. They must have had enough and said we're moving on with or without you. I think he will play again but it won't be for the Packers. I heard in the paper they offered him $20 mil to stay retired. I think the Packers realize they will look stupid to cater to him and let him come back after taking the stand they have. They now run the risk of him playing for a division rival and possibly beating the Packers out of a championship. If you think about it any other team in that division would improve greatly with Farve at the helm of the offense.

Comment

As a fan of the team and a former fan of him personally, I'm really, really tired of the whole situation.

This doesn't happen if this is the first time he's retired and comes back. But no, this has actually been going on for 4 years. What's the guarantee that he sticks around even through the whole season?

I'm guessing there is a reason besides been sick of the retirement charade that caused the Packers to take the stand they did. My guess - and I have absolutely nothing to back this up with - is that Brett demanded something the Packers weren't willing to give him. If I were to lay odds, I'd say that something has to do with Ted Thompson. Just a gut feeling on that.

As far as the rest of the team goes, it's a HUGE distraction for them. That's all anyone wants to talk about is Brett Farve. Not the Green Bay Packers, but Brett Farve. If there's any sin that Brett committed, that's the big one, that he made it the Brett Farve show. As far as I can tell there's a whole football team out there that deserves better.

The big cherry on top is that it is not Eli Manning that put the NY Giants into the Super Bowl, it was Brett Farve. I don't think the Pack would have beaten the Pats like the Giants did, but the fact remains his last TWO acts were to give the shaft to his team.
      For every one hundred men you send us,
      Ten should not even be here.
      Eighty are nothing but targets.
      Nine of them are real fighters;
      We are lucky to have them, they the battle make.
      Ah, but the one. One of them is a warrior.
      And he will bring the others back.

Comment

It old, all the media does is talk about Farve, I know it's not his fault but still. What I don't understand is why the fudge packers want Aaron Rogers as their starting QB. They will have no chance to win the Superbowl if he is their starting QB at least if Farve is there they have a chance.
        Don't blame me, I voted McCain
        ------------------------------------------
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uH0BEoA9hsE

------------------------------------------
        See if you can find the differences in these two pictures, I did.

http://members.home.nl/saen/Special/Zoeken.swf

Comment

But would they REALLY have a chance if Favre was there? He doesn't have the greatest playoff record these past few years and he threw those interceptions that contributed to keeping them out of the Super Bowl this year. Yeah, it's getting old seeing it in the media. I'm on the Sporting News website daily to keep up with my fantasy teams and the homepage has been completely Favre-related this week. It finally looks like this thing with Green Bay is over with so at least the team can move on, now let's see where the drama ends up next....the Jets or the Bucs?

Comment

Packer fans don't want Aaron Rogers, everytime he steps on the field people start chanting "We want Bret"...
            sigpic

Comment

Packers fans will have to suck it up. They're never going to have another Brett Favre so they may as well get over it now and support the new guy. I think in time Rodgers will earn respect. He hasn't had much of a chance yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Southflaguy View Post
                Packer fans don't want Aaron Rogers, everytime he steps on the field people start chanting "We want Bret"...
                Those people aren't Packer fans, they are just pure a__holes. No other word for them.

Brett's post-season record is not that hot, and God only knows how long he would have played even if Green Bay had brought him back as a starter. You can't believe anything that comes out of the Farve "camp" - all the people that talk for Brett Farve because he doesn't like to speak for himself. At least, not until he's angry about something.

Aaron Rodgers is a perfectly fine quarterback - he's unproven, and he may even be injury prone. What people need to get used to real fast is that he's NOT Brett Farve. And that's fine.

Does anyone remember who followed Roger Staubach in Dallas? Or who started once Johnny Unitas was done in New York? Following a legend is always very difficult, and unless Aaron Rodgers is another Steve Young, then people are going to judge him a failure. Following Brett Farve is the WORST job in all of football.

But it doesn't mean that Aaron Rodgers automatically is a bad quarterback. I think he'll end up being pretty good. But he will never be Brett - that's not a knock against him, just reality. But then again, the last few years, Brett wasn't Brett many days anyway.
                For every one hundred men you send us,
                Ten should not even be here.
                Eighty are nothing but targets.
                Nine of them are real fighters;
                We are lucky to have them, they the battle make.
                Ah, but the one. One of them is a warrior.
                And he will bring the others back.

Comment

Originally posted by (S)Sgt Elmer View Post
                  Those people aren't Packer fans, they are just pure a__holes. No other word for them.

Brett's post-season record is not that hot, and God only knows how long he would have played even if Green Bay had brought him back as a starter. You can't believe anything that comes out of the Farve "camp" - all the people that talk for Brett Farve because he doesn't like to speak for himself. At least, not until he's angry about something.

Aaron Rodgers is a perfectly fine quarterback - he's unproven, and he may even be injury prone. What people need to get used to real fast is that he's NOT Brett Farve. And that's fine.

Does anyone remember who followed Roger Staubach in Dallas? Or who started once Johnny Unitas was done in New York? Following a legend is always very difficult, and unless Aaron Rodgers is another Steve Young, then people are going to judge him a failure. Following Brett Farve is the WORST job in all of football.

But it doesn't mean that Aaron Rodgers automatically is a bad quarterback. I think he'll end up being pretty good. But he will never be Brett - that's not a knock against him, just reality. But then again, the last few years, Brett wasn't Brett many days anyway.
                  +1

Comment

Originally posted by (S)Sgt Elmer View Post

True...I wish Aaron Rodgers the best (except when he plays against the Cowboys)...So far Aaron has handled himself well through out this whole ordeal...
                    sigpic

Comment

True fans of any franchise hate to see any type of change when they have had success for a long time. I was plenty PO'd when my Cowboys went with a no-name guy in 1989 and went 1-15. Then that same no-name guy turned into a HOF guy named Troy Aikman and took em to a bunch of superbowls. I decided he was ok. lol

The fans in Green Bay are absolutely rabid when it comes to anything "Packers" and will no doubt be the same way I was until this guy Rodgers proves he belongs. Then they will forget about Farve (sorta anyhow) and be behind Rodgers 100% just like they were Brett.

Personally, I hate the packers. But then...I have to. You can't be a Cowboy fan and have a soft spot for GB, any more than you can be a Packers fan and not hate the Cowboys' guts!

Too tell ya the truth, I am jumping for joy that we don't have to face Farve this year as a Packer! Yaaaaaaaahooooo!
                      visit my blog if you are so inclined.
                      http://dwmeeks.wordpress.com
                      (I'm trying to drive up the hits.)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5508 users online. 315 members and 5193 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X