300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Posts about the Super Bowl?

I don't have words to describe how much I don't care about American football.

It's the commercials that I appreciate...

Puppy Bowl.
    Paws down best excitement on this day!

Comment

Superbowl Sunday - That's my day to go to Costco. No crowds. Like shopping in a morgue.
      Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by L-1 View Post
        Superbowl Sunday - That's my day to go to Costco. No crowds. Like shopping in a morgue.
        Yup. That's the one day of the year that I treat myself to the luxury of using a staffed register at Walmart instead of doing self-checkout. They never have more than two of their 23 checkout lanes open...one of which is always staffed by an octogenarian. Bless their heart, but you worry they won't be around long enough to finish the transaction.

Comment

What super bowl?

Comment

I watched the whole game and won a gentleman's bet. I have a nice bottle of Woodford Reserve coming my way.

Comment

I’m glad I grabbed some OT rather than wasting time watching the slaughter. :0
              Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

Originally posted by L-1 View Post
                Yep. I went to my local grocery store and the lot was about empty.

Comment

Tom Brady is clearly the GOAT.

Comment

Originally posted by Saluki89 View Post
                    Tom Brady is clearly the GOAT.
                    I had to use Google to find out who Tom Brady is.

If we're talking about sports, I would say that Joey Dunlop is the greatest of all time.

Ernest Hemingway said "There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games"

So if we're talking about sports, Tom Brady doesn't even register...
                    Last edited by Aidokea; 02-08-2021, 03:24 PM.

Comment

• Saluki89
                      Saluki89 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      NFL QB with 7 super bowl rings (most of any athlete) and married to a supermodel.

He is the literal embodiment of the American dream.

• Aidokea
                      Aidokea commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You may dream about Tom Brady, but like I said, I couldn't care less about watching American Football. I'd rather actually participate in a sport- a real sport.

That's either a giant crock or a giant rock.

Comment

There's an excellent 2014 documentary on the Dunlop family, narrated by Liam Neeson, featuring the late Joey Dunlop, his brother the late Robert Dunlop, and Robert's two sons, the late William Dunlop and Michael Dunlop:

We watched it while sitting in The Raven pub at the Ballaugh Bridge Jump during the 2016 Isle Of Man TT.

We witnessed William finish second in the TT Zero race.

We witnessed Michael run the first sub 17 minute lap of the Snaefel Mountain Course, accomplishing it from a standing start, while winning an early Superbike race, with an AVERAGE speed in excess of 133 mph, and a top speed of around 210 mph on the Sulby Straight. My wife and I are actually in the on-bike video of that lap.

And we also witnessed Michael win the "Senior" Superbike race on the last day of the TT. We sat on the outside of the Creg-Ny-Baa turn, and had dinner at the Creg-Ny-Baa pub before returning to our cottage in Peel.

Last edited by Aidokea; 02-08-2021, 10:42 PM.

Comment

• 9L81
                        9L81 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Big entry list for the Daytona 200 this year and Michael is one of them.

• Aidokea
                        Aidokea commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Wow!

If the story of Michael winning the 2008 Northwest 200 doesn't bring tears to someone's eyes, there is something wrong with them. He was 20 years old, and his father had died in his arms two days before, in a practice session for this race.

https://youtu.be/_E_5BrORi7I
                        Last edited by Aidokea; 02-08-2021, 10:36 PM.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4705 users online. 324 members and 4381 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X