300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non Mainstream Sports

Just curious as to what sports here outside of baseball, football, hockey and basketball people are into.

Me, I love lacrosse. Not the indoor (fake)stuff but outdoors on a large field with speed and lots of hits. Then again being in Maryland, lacrosse IS a mainstream sport.
    In God we trust, all others are run MILES and NCIC.

Horseracing. My dad and I co-own a couple of broodmares (mom-horses) and a stallion (dad-horse) Our first homebred is a year old this year. Can't wait till she starts burning up the track.

Also, my brother-in-law and I go team roping together when he can get time away from the ranch and it coincides with my time off from school. (Provided I'm not 'vacationing' somewhere exotic with my 'Army friends' like...Bosnia, etc)
    "Duty, then, is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more; you should never wish to do less" R.E. Lee

Comment

bowling. my grandpa and my dad were on a team together. i jumped on the wagon during eighth grade. my dad taught me. i was a four-year letterman on my high school's team and i was the team captain my senior year. my saturday team won the league championship last year and i had third-highest game(267, should've been a 290, but the damn pinsetter blacked out before my tenth frame :[). havent done much after that, going to try to join the college team next year.
      When reality becomes too unbearable.............When he can't give an intelligent answer to the comment made instead of the comment he wish were made....... he predictably............. slips into ........The Fantasy Zone.
      -JPR

Comment

Curling. Nothing like puttin' on a tuque and throwing the stones for a couple of ends.

Comment

muay thai and mixed martial arts, although it's becoming mainstream. Luckily I was into it long before the explosion of the ufc, as most people who follow it now have no knowledge of hte sport whatsoever. Thats a whole other topic, anyways, I enjoy those and am also an amateur fighter. I have fought muay thai and san shou so far, just workign on my stand up game. I also train grappling/bjj too, but enjoy stand up more and am concentrating on that right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Wile E. Coyote
            Curling. Nothing like puttin' on a tuque and throwing the stones for a couple of ends.
            i always wanted to try that.
            When reality becomes too unbearable.............When he can't give an intelligent answer to the comment made instead of the comment he wish were made....... he predictably............. slips into ........The Fantasy Zone.
            -JPR

Comment

I played rugby for a couple of years. I started getting really bad headaches and shinsplints so I was forced to quit. But I sure do miss it.

Comment

What about paintball...Im not sure if its a pro sport yet. But theres nothing like running around shooting at your friends in the woods. Outdoor paintball is way better then indoor IMO.
                "I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six."
                - A Cop's Maxim

Comment

Dwarf-Tossing, until the bastards outlawed it.

Now, only outlaws toss dwarfs!
                  "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

If you can dodge traffic, you can dodge a ball!!!!

Right now triathlon, but that can't get more mainstream.. It's the three classics.

Comment

another for paintball, love it

Comment

I love paintball!
                        "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

*UPDATED* Visited: 14 (Arizona Diamondbacks, L.A. Dodgers, L.A. Angels, S.D. Padres,Atlanta Braves, Tampa Bay Rays, Florida Marlins, N.Y. Yankees, N.Y. Mets, Boston Red Soxs, Washington Nationals,Seattle Mariners,Oakland A's and the S.F. Giants.)
                        Not Yet Visited: 16
                        Baseball Hall of Fame- Visited

Comment

I play tennis for my university and love to mountain bike. Anyother MTB out their?

Comment

Cricket sucks, but I watch it when I get a chance because I have no idea whats going on and it drives me crazy.

I think if i actually knew what as going on I might like it.
                            It takes a Wolf.......

Comment

Originally posted by Kieth M.
                              Dwarf-Tossing, until the bastards outlawed it.

Now, only outlaws toss dwarfs!
                              You're so funny... you mean you haven't found the UDTSA (Undground Dwarf-Tossing Society of America) chapter in your area yet?? You can call 1-800-Toss-Em to find out when and where they meet.

For me I get into MMA fighting. I was into long before Spike TV had to go and commercialize the heck out of it. My husband did kickboxing in his younger years and then went on to do Ba Gua Zhang, Hun Gar, long fist and Muay Thai.

I personally do horse back riding out in the southwest desert. I used to be a wrangler and do guided trail rides through South Mountain Park. Now, some of my fellow wranglers have their own property and horses and we just saddle up and head out whenever we want. It is so much nicer than when we had to stay in a group and keep things at a dead crawl. Now we can run the horses a bit and go explore more areas.
                              R.I.P. Sgt. 1st Class Raymond J. Munden

You're service and sacrifice will not be forgotten.

Kieth M.
                              I once knew a guy who said, "I'll step over any nine to get to three threes!"

I knew at that precise moment that he and I would never get into a fistfight over a woman.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5703 users online. 397 members and 5306 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X