300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHL on Outdoor Life Network

Courtesy comment - this applies only to Dish Network customers.

I had never heard of OLN until earlier this year when they bought the rights to broadcast a bunch of NHL games. I get TV through Dish Network so to get OLN I'd have to subscribe to Dish's premiere package, the Top 180. I already pay for the Top 120 package just to get Fox Sports Network, and at least 55 of the extra 60 channels in Top 120 are junk that we never watch. I cannot justify paying for another 55+ crap Top 180 channels to get OLN so I sent Dish Network an email on their web site requesting that OLN be moved to the Top 120 package.

If you are also a Dish Network subscriber and a hockey fan, please take a moment to do the same thing. I figure if enough people ask them for it, they might do it and save us NHL fans some gas money. You can send them an email from this link.

AvgJoe
    Be careful, kids. Daddy's summer car is like the Ark of the Covanent - if you touch it, you will surely die.

*&^% OLN

So hows this sound. Im on the phone with my friend last night. He asked me if I had the Penguins/Sabres game on. I told him no. (forgot it was on, too geeked about the Steelers/Chargers game coming on ) Anyways he said it was on OLN. He's got Comcast digital. Anyways I hear it on in the backround, so I turn on OLN (I got Dish). Guess what? NO F'in game on. OLN on Dish didnt broadcast the game, But OLN on Comcast had it, cause HE was watching it Yeah, go figure. Instead of the game, they broadcast some yacht show with some witch talking about boats. (like she really knew ) Um, let me see, hockey or boats? OLN better get their head out of their A** and start with these games. Penguins got quite a few on there. Ill be damned if I miss another one.

PittsburghKid

ps - lost in overtime for the second straight game anyways Go Steelers!!!!!
    Reputation is the cornerstone of power

Rest in Peace: Officer David "Hazel" Pugh; Neville Island Police Department; I'll miss you friend

PRINCE GEORGE'S COUNTY POLICE
    Written - Passed
    Physical test - Passed
    Background Investigation - Finished
    Oral Board - Passed
    Polygraph - Passed
    Chief's Decision - Pending
    Medical Exam - Pending Chief's Decision
    Psycological Exam - Pending Chief's Decision

Comment

I am convinced that this is a sign of the Apocalypse. Why NHL? Why have you forsaken us?

Comment

Good thing I live in Minnesota where we show hockey on Fox Sports Net. Thank the hockey gods. By the way..... GO WILD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        "...and that was the second time I had crabs."
        "Stinks like sex in here."

Comment

Originally posted by NDubs55
          Good thing I live in Minnesota where we show hockey on Fox Sports Net. Thank the hockey gods. By the way..... GO WILD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          Yeah, I can watch the majority of the Red Wings games on Fox Sports Detroit so I'm happy. I counted only five games on OLN but still... that's five games I'm missing!

And per PittsburghKid, I might not see the games even if I did get OLN... Might have to go to my buddy's place and watch it on his Comcast cable.

AvgJoe
          Be careful, kids. Daddy's summer car is like the Ark of the Covanent - if you touch it, you will surely die.

Comment

Originally posted by AverageJoe
            Yeah, I can watch the majority of the Red Wings games on Fox Sports Detroit so I'm happy. I counted only five games on OLN but still... that's five games I'm missing!

And per PittsburghKid, I might not see the games even if I did get OLN... Might have to go to my buddy's place and watch it on his Comcast cable.

AvgJoe
            I already told my friend Im gonna bogart his comcast when they televise on OLN, which here in Pittsburgh is I think 8 more games The way they're playing now, I cant see even watching them on Fox Sports, anyhow

PittsburghKid

Rest in Peace: Officer David "Hazel" Pugh; Neville Island Police Department; I'll miss you friend

Written - Passed
            Physical test - Passed
            Oral Board - Passed
            Polygraph - Passed

Comment

Dish Network replied back - I'll just paste their reply so I don't miss something in the paraphrase:

"Thank you for your e-mail. We strive to make satellite programming as affordable as possible. Our packages have been set up in balance with cost effectiveness and consumer demand. One way to keep our customers programming costs low is to provide stations in packages, rather than ala carte. Unfortunately, allowing customers to substitute channels or add a favorite channel to their package would force us to raise prices. To prevent this, we do not allow channel substitutions."

I can understand - some channels like QVC probably pay to be broadcast while other providers like Disney charge for their content so providers find a balance. The channels I want to watch probably all charge. Still sucks *** though - I mean, how much money can OLN really demand, seeing as I've never heard of the channel before this hockey season??

AvgJoe

Comment

Originally posted by AverageJoe
                Dish Network replied back - I'll just paste their reply so I don't miss something in the paraphrase:

"Thank you for your e-mail. We strive to make satellite programming as affordable as possible. Our packages have been set up in balance with cost effectiveness and consumer demand. One way to keep our customers programming costs low is to provide stations in packages, rather than ala carte. Unfortunately, allowing customers to substitute channels or add a favorite channel to their package would force us to raise prices. To prevent this, we do not allow channel substitutions."

I can understand - some channels like QVC probably pay to be broadcast while other providers like Disney charge for their content so providers find a balance. The channels I want to watch probably all charge. Still sucks *** though - I mean, how much money can OLN really demand, seeing as I've never heard of the channel before this hockey season??

AvgJoe
                well now that they are a hockey channel, they are only showing one hockey game a week. i only have basic cable and the OLN is included. but it sucks for only one game a week.
                so we embrace again behind the dunes, this beach is so cold on winter afternoons, but holding you close is like holding the summer sun

Comment

Well Hell

Well, now on Dish, if you turn OLN on, it says that until you give them more money so they can pay Comcast, you arent even gonna see the shows on it, let alone hockey. So now I have to pay to watch hockey? It used to be free on Fox Sports. Note to NHL, you are clowns. Thanks for nothin, you bums. I aint happy to see the NHL now. I told my mom, I absolutely hate Dish.

PittsburghKid

Written - Passed
                  Physical test - Passed
                  Oral Board - Passed
                  Polygraph - Passed

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5248 users online. 266 members and 4982 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X