Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

U.S citizens views sought on important issues....

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U.S citizens views sought on important issues....

Just wondered what you,our American friends thought about Sven Goran Erricsons decision to play a 4-5-1 formation against Wales this weekend and what do you thinlk of the old 'Wing Back' tactic.....

Come on, share your views on this with me....I'm looking forward to it
    " Always a pleasure..........Never a chore"

Originally posted by brit girlie
    Just wondered what you,our American friends thought about Sven Goran Erricsons decision to play a 4-5-1 formation against Wales this weekend and what do you thinlk of the old 'Wing Back' tactic.....

Come on, share your views on this with me....I'm looking forward to it
    Doesn't sound terrible, should make for some impressive midfield ball control, with a nice punch of support coming to finish off plays on the other side of the field.
    In god we trust, the rest we run through NCIC

Comment

Originally posted by Mid_Ohio_Po
      Doesn't sound terrible, should make for some impressive midfield ball control,
      Don't you think midfield may be too crowded? also what about Rooney up front by himself ? and...whist we're at it...Shaun Wright-Phillips ? Come Chelsea and England....play the little bloke....he's great.

Comment

Originally posted by brit girlie
        Don't you think midfield may be too crowded? also what about Rooney up front by himself ? and...whist we're at it...Shaun Wright-Phillips ? Come Chelsea and England....play the little bloke....he's great.

Midfield can never be too crowded. As long as they have the ball, the space will make itself.
        In god we trust, the rest we run through NCIC

Comment

I prefer a single tail back formation with two tight ends personally. For defense, the 3-4 (with two inside linebackers) seems to work well. Throw in the Nickel back for the occasional long pass and you're gold.
          Hail hail the gang's all here, when the going gets tough I know my friends will still be there. - Drop Kick Murphys, "The Gang's all Here"

Comment

Originally posted by Welpe
            I prefer a single tail back formation with two tight ends personally. For defense, the 3-4 (with two inside linebackers) seems to work well. Throw in the Nickel back for the occasional long pass and you're gold.
            Thanks Welpe...great advice and I have passed it on to Sven for consideration. Had we not of won today then he may well have given it a try
            Just not sure that the current squad would adapt to this formation, although they coped very well with the recent ' Christmas Tree ' plan.

P.S. "tight ends" sounds like a painful medical condition and has no place in a modern sports arena

Comment

Hmm I'm not sure how well an American football formation would apply to "soccer" but I guess they can try it.

And while the tight end position does sound funny, it's better than being a wide receiver.
              Hail hail the gang's all here, when the going gets tough I know my friends will still be there. - Drop Kick Murphys, "The Gang's all Here"

Comment

Originally posted by Welpe
                And while the tight end position does sound funny, it's better than being a wide receiver.
                ....Yep, can see your point...perhaps they could be given the option of maybe, just sometimes being the Wide Giver .....nice to swap occasionally so you can experience both 'Positions'.....

Although If you had both a Tight End and a Wide Receiver you may just need someone to take up a position right behind them.....

Comment

How about a Deep Snapper???Or a wedge Buster???
                  FILL YOUR HANDS!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4254 users online. 248 members and 4006 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X