Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UFC 139 - Hendo vs. Shogun

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • UFC 139 - Hendo vs. Shogun

    This is a great card from main fights to preliminaries.


    Shogun vs. Hendo is great although I would have liked to see it with Hendo in his prime. Hendo is past his prime now, slower, gases quicker, slower reflexes and his chin isn't what it used to be. Hendo still has his vaunted right though and his under-rated left is still good.

    I just think Shogun's speed, youth and reflexes will win the day and he will get the decision victory over Hendo. Shogun has been hot and cold since his surgery, so we'll see if the prepared Shogun or flabby post-surgery Shogun that lost to Forrest shows up. My bet is it's the prepared Shogun.


    1.) Hendo vs. Shogun = Shogun wins via Decision.

    2.) Urijah Faber vs. Brian Bowles = Faber wins via Decision.

    3.) Wandy vs. Cung Le = Wandy wins via TKO/KO.

    4.) Ricky Story vs. Martin Kampman = Rick Story wins via Decision.

    5.) Bader vs. Brilz = Bader wins via Decision.


    I think Urijah vs. Bowles, Story vs. Kampman and Bader vs. Brilz are all awesome fights that will see Story, Bader and Faber win via Decision. I think Cung Le is stepping into the big leagues and will lose to the Axe Murder (although he's past his prime) via KO/TKO.



    Hendo and Wandy are definitely past their primes and these last fights are their swan songs I'm sure. They are legends and pioneers of the sport of MMA though.

  • #2
    Originally posted by HEDP View Post
    This is a great card from main fights to preliminaries.


    Shogun vs. Hendo is great although I would have liked to see it with Hendo in his prime. Hendo is past his prime now, slower, gases quicker, slower reflexes and his chin isn't what it used to be. Hendo still has his vaunted right though and his under-rated left is still good.

    I just think Shogun's speed, youth and reflexes will win the day and he will get the decision victory over Hendo. Shogun has been hot and cold since his surgery, so we'll see if the prepared Shogun or flabby post-surgery Shogun that lost to Forrest shows up. My bet is it's the prepared Shogun.


    1.) Hendo vs. Shogun = Shogun wins via Decision.

    2.) Urijah Faber vs. Brian Bowles = Faber wins via Decision.

    3.) Wandy vs. Cung Le = Wandy wins via TKO/KO.

    4.) Ricky Story vs. Martin Kampman = Rick Story wins via Decision.

    5.) Bader vs. Brilz = Bader wins via Decision.


    I think Urijah vs. Bowles, Story vs. Kampman and Bader vs. Brilz are all awesome fights that will see Story, Bader and Faber win via Decision. I think Cung Le is stepping into the big leagues and will lose to the Axe Murder (although he's past his prime) via KO/TKO.



    Hendo and Wandy are definitely past their primes and these last fights are their swan songs I'm sure. They are legends and pioneers of the sport of MMA though.
    That was by far the best fight card this year.. omg.. it was amazing. shogun vs hendo was like real steel... shogun was getting beat up rounds 1-3.. rounds 4-5 were all shogun.. fight could have gone either way. Silva broke cung li's face.. it was amazing.
    Gotta catch em allll.........

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by HEDP View Post

      1.) Hendo vs. Shogun = Shogun wins via Decision. Shogun lost via decision

      2.) Urijah Faber vs. Brian Bowles = Faber wins via Decision. Faber won via submission

      3.) Wandy vs. Cung Le = Wandy wins via TKO/KO. (right on the ball with this one)

      4.) Ricky Story vs. Martin Kampman = Rick Story wins via Decision. rick lost via decision

      5.) Bader vs. Brilz = Bader wins via Decision. I forgot..


      .
      Gotta catch em allll.........

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by SBSO_DISPATCHER View Post
        That was by far the best fight card this year.. omg.. it was amazing. shogun vs hendo was like real steel... shogun was getting beat up rounds 1-3.. rounds 4-5 were all shogun.. fight could have gone either way. Silva broke cung li's face.. it was amazing.



        What a great card.



        I was impressed by Faber and Cung Le especially. Cung Le is one tough SOB. I wanted Wandy to win so bad and I thought Cung Le might take him out. Cung Le is one SOB, he really took some punishment. Not too many people can survive those knees.


        We are just discussing how Wandy hasn't really used knees much since he came to the UFC. lol. Wandy used knees to absolutely demolish Rampage Jackson twice, then he comes to the UFC and doesn't use them and Rampage KO's him instead.


        What a great fight between Shogun and Hendo too although both men gassed.



        It's actually good that the Shogun vs. Hendo fight wasn't on Fox like some wanted, I think although it was a legendary fight it was too bloody, too soon for the masses. You have to ease them into it.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by HEDP View Post
          What a great card.



          I was impressed by Faber and Cung Le especially. Cung Le is one tough SOB. I wanted Wandy to win so bad and I thought Cung Le might take him out. Cung Le is one SOB, he really took some punishment. Not too many people can survive those knees.


          We are just discussing how Wandy hasn't really used knees much since he came to the UFC. lol. Wandy used knees to absolutely demolish Rampage Jackson twice, then he comes to the UFC and doesn't use them and Rampage KO's him instead.


          What a great fight between Shogun and Hendo too although both men gassed.



          It's actually good that the Shogun vs. Hendo fight wasn't on Fox like some wanted, I think although it was a legendary fight it was too bloody, too soon for the masses. You have to ease them into it.
          Lol.. Dana would have loved for that fight to be on fox instead of the one they saw. Believe you me. or is it.. belive me you.
          Gotta catch em allll.........

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by SBSO_DISPATCHER View Post
            Lol.. Dana would have loved for that fight to be on fox instead of the one they saw. Believe you me. or is it.. belive me you.


            Which fight?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by HEDP View Post
              Which fight?
              shogun vs hendo
              Gotta catch em allll.........

              Comment

              What's Going On

              Collapse

              There are currently 4345 users online. 153 members and 4192 guests.

              Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

              Working...
              X