Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UFC on Fox: Velasquez vs. Junior Dos Santos

What's your prediction for this fight?

I say Junior knocks Velasquez down standing and finishes him with GnP for the TKO victory.

BAHAHAHAHAAHAHA 1 min 4sec KO Good Job Dos Santos
    Have you ever fired your gun up in the air and gone "ahhrgh"? -Danny Butterman

"I'm sure finding that 11mm wrench at the last minute to fix the flux capacitor or whatever gets those guys out of bed in the morning is probably just as much of an adrenaline shot as blowing over a ton of C4 at one time" - CruiserClass

Comment

Originally posted by dontcallmeradio View Post
      BAHAHAHAHAAHAHA 1 min 4sec KO Good Job Dos Santos

Damn, called that one. lol.

I can't wait for Lesnar vs. Overeem and then Lesnar vs. JDS for the title. I think JDS is an easier opponent for Lesnar then Cain.

We'll see.

Comment

My wife and I thought the fight was stopped to early. She is a casual watcher of the UFC and was disappointed in the fight. A lot of hype and a disappointing outcome. Big John should have let them fight.

The fight that should have stopped was between Lesnar and Carwin.

I hope Fox Sports and the UFC come up with something better, the seven year contract could be long.

I hope JDS can defend his title for awhile, unlike a lot of the other fighters.

Comment

I don't think it was stopped early. Cain wasn't doing 1 thing to defend himself. Laying sprawled out on your back and then side with your arms not moving isnt intelligently defending yourself. Also, if you watch it from the right angle Cain looks unconscious. I think it should have been a TKO not KO though.

The UFC couldn't have known it was only going to last 1 minute. I think they should have had a pre-recorded fight from the undercard ready. But, what can you do. The Fox-UFC contract doesn't actually start until next year which is why there wasn't a full card shown.

I think Lesnar will dominate Overeem with a GNP TKO/KO and then do the same to JDS and regain his title.

Comment

Jeez talk about not preparing yourself for a fight...I know Cain was coming back from a torn rotator cuff but damn....I've seen him get rocked before with a couple of solid punches and come back to win the fight but he looked lost out there.

Comment

Originally posted by HEDP View Post
              I don't think it was stopped early. Cain wasn't doing 1 thing to defend himself. Laying sprawled out on your back and then side with your arms not moving isnt intelligently defending yourself. Also, if you watch it from the right angle Cain looks unconscious. I think it should have been a TKO not KO though.

That's what I told my wife, Cain wasn't able to defend himself.

The UFC couldn't have known it was only going to last 1 minute. I think they should have had a pre-recorded fight from the undercard ready. But, what can you do. The Fox-UFC contract doesn't actually start until next year which is why there wasn't a full card shown.

I think Lesnar will dominate Overeem with a GNP TKO/KO and then do the same to JDS and regain his title.
              Overall I was disappointed with the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by AR-15 View Post
                My wife and I thought the fight was stopped to early. She is a casual watcher of the UFC and was disappointed in the fight. A lot of hype and a disappointing outcome. Big John should have let them fight.

The fight that should have stopped was between Lesnar and Carwin.

I hope Fox Sports and the UFC come up with something better, the seven year contract could be long.

I hope JDS can defend his title for awhile, unlike a lot of the other fighters.
                Velasquez wasnt defending himself. you let fights like that go on and that is how people get injured. Fight was properly ended.. During the Lesnar vs carwin fight Lesner was getting it handed to him but always had a hand up trying to defend and was never knocked out like Cain was. I hope Brock beats overeem and then beats JDS. JDS is a good dude though. I like him. Good attitude. The fight I cant wait for is Jon Jones vs Machita.
                Gotta catch em allll.........

Comment

Originally posted by SBSO_DISPATCHER View Post
                  Velasquez wasnt defending himself. you let fights like that go on and that is how people get injured. Fight was properly ended.. During the Lesnar vs carwin fight Lesner was getting it handed to him but always had a hand up trying to defend and was never knocked out like Cain was. I hope Brock beats overeem and then beats JDS. JDS is a good dude though. I like him. Good attitude. The fight I cant wait for is Jon Jones vs Machita.
                  Thanks for clarifying that................

Comment

Originally posted by HotSoup View Post
                    Jeez talk about not preparing yourself for a fight...I know Cain was coming back from a torn rotator cuff but damn....I've seen him get rocked before with a couple of solid punches and come back to win the fight but he looked lost out there.

Apparently JDS had a torn meniscus but didn't want to pull out because of the importance of the fight.

Most fighters never fight at 100%. Both Cain and JDS were said to have had injuries in this fight but neither wanted to pull out or disclose it.

I suspected Cain had a suspect chin when he got dropped by nearly every single punch thrown by Cheick Kongo who's known for not having a lot of 1 punch power. He's done a good job of avoiding hits but when anyone with a solid punch tags him he's down. Kongo would have easily won that fight if he had just pounced on Cain and used GnP instead of clinching with him.

Some people say the fight was disappointing. I can see that it ended quickly and that sucks, but that's a fight. You don't know if it's going to end in the 1st round or end in the 5th. Believe me, if the UFC knew it was going to end like this they would have chose the Henderson-Guida fight to showcase.

People also need to realize that this was a bonus show to test the waters, the contract with Fox to showcase entire fight cards doesn't start until January 2012.

Comment

I suspected Cain had a suspect chin when he got dropped by nearly every single punch thrown by Cheick Kongo who's known for not having a lot of 1 punch power.
                      Tell that to Pat Barry.

Comment

Originally posted by rico_suave View Post
                        Tell that to Pat Barry.

Pat Barry's not known for having an iron chin either. lol

Comment

Henderson-Guida fight
                          Oh I cant wait for this fight. I dont like Guida.... Only because he beat Anthony Pettis.. And I like Anthony Pettis.. But Henderson is a beast. Especially on the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by SBSO_DISPATCHER View Post
                            Oh I cant wait for this fight. I dont like Guida.... Only because he beat Anthony Pettis.. And I like Anthony Pettis.. But Henderson is a beast. Especially on the ground.

Didn't this fight already happen?

Comment

Didn't this fight already happen?
                              Yea mybad. I didnt get to see it.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8031 users online. 339 members and 7692 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                              X