300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Jerry Tron

What do ya'll think about the 40 million dollar punter nightmare that everyone is now calling the Jerry Tron? Apparently the NFL had to make a new rule just because the Jerry Tron is only 90 feet off of the field. Jerry say's that it is plenty high enough due to the fact that punters angle there kicks. Supposedly it would cost 2 million just to move the JT. I read an article that stated that U2 is performing at the stadium and has a stage prop called the claw that requires the stadium to move the JT to the height of 165 feet. Jerry says that he will then lower the JT back to 90 foot height for football. Jerry stated that even though he conducted tests at the Alamo Dome that resulted in his punter punting the ball an average height of 100 feet, he believed that 90 feet would be plenty. The NFL ruled that 90 feet was fine and that if a punter hit the JT, it would simply result in a dead ball and a replay of the down. I personally think that Jerry is not raising the JT so that he is constantly be talked about in the media. I can't wait to see how my Sooners perform at the new stadium, GO SOONERS!!!!!

Jerry had the NFL. They told him 85 feet minimum. He put it at 90 feet. His argument that he exceeded the NFL minimum puts him in the clear. Talk shows down here in Dallas were pretty unanimous that it ought to be raised. The issue was who would pay for it since Jerry complied (and exceeded) the NFL's requirements. Apparently the NFL didn't want to pay and Jerry couldn't be forced to pay so he gets to keep it at 90 feet.

Just thinking here ---- High school playoffs were routinely held at Texas Stadium. I bet they will move to Cowboy Stadium. If so, you know EVERY high school kicker will be trying to hit that thing. Not to mention every college and pro kicker too.

Comment

Poor poor Sooners....they played liked they did not know what they were doing. #70 had what 8-9 of the offensive penalties? OU has a lot of growing or this is going to be a BAD season.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveOKC View Post
        Poor poor Sooners....they played liked they did not know what they were doing. #70 had what 8-9 of the offensive penalties? OU has a lot of growing or this is going to be a BAD season.
        I agree, it was like watching the Orange Bowl all over again, minus Bradford getting hurt of course......I just hope that Landry can pull the team together and get us thru the next 4 games.

Comment

Originally posted by NTxSarge View Post
          Jerry had the NFL. They told him 85 feet minimum. He put it at 90 feet. His argument that he exceeded the NFL minimum puts him in the clear. Talk shows down here in Dallas were pretty unanimous that it ought to be raised. The issue was who would pay for it since Jerry complied (and exceeded) the NFL's requirements. Apparently the NFL didn't want to pay and Jerry couldn't be forced to pay so he gets to keep it at 90 feet.

Just thinking here ---- High school playoffs were routinely held at Texas Stadium. I bet they will move to Cowboy Stadium. If so, you know EVERY high school kicker will be trying to hit that thing. Not to mention every college and pro kicker too.

I think your right, every kicker who enters the stadium is going to try and hit the JT, I think Jerry will finally move the JT when someone damages his 40 million dollar baby......As for Texas Stadium I hope they continue to use it for the high school games......it would be ashame if they quit using it and let it fall apart.

Comment

Originally posted by aircop26 View Post
            I think your right, every kicker who enters the stadium is going to try and hit the JT, I think Jerry will finally move the JT when someone damages his 40 million dollar baby......As for Texas Stadium I hope they continue to use it for the high school games......it would be ashame if they quit using it and let it fall apart.

Or when one of his players gets hurt on a play that gets "replayed" because of it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3481 users online. 229 members and 3252 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X