X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Vick Reinstated by the NFL

Michael Vick Reinstated by the NFL
    NEW YORK —

Michael Vick was conditionally reinstated by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell on Monday and could play in regular season games as early as October.

Vick can immediately participate in preseason practices, workouts and meetings and can play in the final two preseason games — if he can find a team that will sign him. A number of teams have already said they would not.

Goodell suspended Vick indefinitely in August 2007 after the former Atlanta Falcons quarterback admitted bankrolling the "Bad Newz Kennels" dogfighting operation. Goodell said then that Vick must show remorse and signs that he has changed before he would consider reinstating him.

Once the season begins, Vick may participate in all team activities except games, and Goodell said he would consider Vick for full reinstatement by Week 6 (Oct. 18-19).

Goodell called a news conference for late Monday afternoon.

The announcement came after a busy first week of freedom for Vick, who met with union leaders and Goodell on consecutive days last week. His 23-month federal sentence ended when an electronic monitor was removed from his ankle early on July 20 at his home in Hampton, Va.

He met with DeMaurice Smith, executive director of the NFL Players Association, last Tuesday and, on Wednesday, he sat down with Goodell at a security firm in Allendale, N.J.

Vick released a statement through agent Joel Segal.

"I would like to express my sincere gratitude and appreciation to commissioner Goodell for allowing me to be readmitted to the National Football League," Vick said. "I fully understand that playing football in the NFL is a privilege, not a right, and I am truly thankful for the opportunity I have been given.

"As you can imagine, the last two years have given me time to re-evaluate my life, mature as an individual and fully understand the terrible mistakes I have made in the past and what type of life I must lead moving forward."
    So who you think will pick him up? and is he still as good as he once was?
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

i can see the raiders picking him up. after all, it's a team that caters to thugs. he'd fit right in!

Comment

I imagine Al Davis and Jerry Jones are probably wetting themselves in anticipation of courting this dog killing worthless excuse for a human being.

He may have repayed his debt as far as the court of law in concerned, but in court of katzeyze this man should have been beat against the ground, drown, hung and shot at least once. Then... had he survived all of that he might be allowed to rejoin society again. I have yet to believe that he is sincerely sorry for what he's done, I think he's only sorry he was caught.
      R.I.P. Sgt. 1st Class Raymond J. Munden

You're service and sacrifice will not be forgotten.

Kieth M.
      I once knew a guy who said, "I'll step over any nine to get to three threes!"

I knew at that precise moment that he and I would never get into a fistfight over a woman.

Comment

Wow, I'm sure he's going to go to to team that could use a running qb or a decoy, he's definitly not going to be a starter...

I don't see him in Dallas...
        Maybe in Miami, w/ the wildcat offense he could do some damage...We'll see...

It still sucks what he did to those dogs...
        sigpic

Comment

Thug life pays well. This POS should never be reinstated.
          I hope no one picks him up.
          ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
          Oscar Wilde

Comment

It's all about the bottom line. Any notion that sports is anything but a business is wrong.
            Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
            Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by katzeyze View Post
              I imagine Al Davis and Jerry Jones are probably wetting themselves in anticipation of courting this dog killing worthless excuse for a human being.

+1

Comment

if you guys keep up with sports, jerry jones has stated numerous times that vick won't be with the cowboys.

Comment

He could go to Detroit, they have nothing to loose
                  It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

POS thug sums it up nicely!
                    This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Originally posted by AJG8 View Post
                      if you guys keep up with sports, jerry jones has stated numerous times that vick won't be with the cowboys.
                      Doubt it!...The Cowboys just got rid of TO for Tony Romo, he's the man now...Vick would not fit in well w/ the Cowboys' style of play, unless he decides to become a reciver or punt returner...The Cowboy's last "experiment" (Pacman Jones) came back at blew up in their face, I think they'll pass on Vick...

Lions maybe, then again they want to start something special, I don't think they want to have a liability in Vick...

Raiders.....Who knows...
                      sigpic

Comment

What about vikings if Favre decides to not come back?

Comment

i'll probably pick him up in Madden but thats as close as i would want him to green and gold....

but some team will most likely take a chance on him, with the emergence of the wildcat offense he is the PERFECT fit for that type of play, he would dominate assuming he is in decent shape. Speed is usually one of the first things to go and if i recall correctly he is getting towards 30...

I could see the raiders as well, with Al Davis being obsessed with speed, plus the backfield with Mike Vick, Jamarcus Russell and Run DMC could create problems. I do think some team will take the media backlash and PETA protests at their games if they believe he can help them win, but i don't think he will sell the jerseys he did before...

When he was in his prime, he was an incredibly entertaining player to watch, while his passing was very suspect what he could do on the ground was nothing short of amazing, i'm glad i got to see him play in person but obviously no matter what he does from this point on his legacy will always be that of his horrible and disgusting choices he made off the field...

Comment

Last edited by SBSO_DISPATCHER; 09-14-2009, 06:56 AM.
                            Gotta catch em allll.........

Comment

Originally posted by Highwaystreets1 View Post
                              no matter what he does from this point on his legacy will always be that of his horrible and disgusting choices he made off the field...
                              He will join the likes of Barry Bonds and O.J. Simpson... Nothing he ever does will ever be able to propel him beyond his mistake.
                              R.I.P. Sgt. 1st Class Raymond J. Munden

You're service and sacrifice will not be forgotten.

Kieth M.
                              I once knew a guy who said, "I'll step over any nine to get to three threes!"

I knew at that precise moment that he and I would never get into a fistfight over a woman.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4391 users online. 222 members and 4169 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X