300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farewell Yankee Stadium

Getting ready to watch the last game to be played in the House that Ruth Built. So many memories, so much history. My greatest is my first game there in 1994, catching a foul ball, and seeing then catcher Matt Nokes hit a grand slam. Anyone have any fond Bronx memories?
    "Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men." -Monsignor

Better to be judged by twelve than carried by six.

Veritas Aequitas

Ne cede malis

sigpic

I moved out to the left coast 10 years ago, but before then, I spent many a pre-game sitting in Stan's across the street. I'll miss it.
    "We're not in this business for the money. We're not in it for the excitement, and moments like this. Duty, honor, country, service, truth, and justice are good. But you can do that from behind a desk. In the end, you carry a gun and shield out into the field for the sole purpose of confronting the bad guys. The enemy. There is no other reason to be on the front lines." ~Nelson Demille

If your story involves Peanut Butter and an animal - give up now!
    sigpic

Comment

My hat is off to Yankee Stadium.

Such history, memories and the best of the best players called it home.

Comment

My fondest memory is when the Sox beat the Yankess in game 7 of the 2004 ALCS, capping off their historic comeback after being down three games to one, and crushing the Yankees and their fans on their home turf. Brings a tear of joy to my eye, even now..
        "When people show you who they are, believe them." - Maya Angelou

Comment

It hurts me to correct you, but you guys were down 3-0. Yea, that's probably my worst memory of The House.
          "Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men." -Monsignor

Better to be judged by twelve than carried by six.

Veritas Aequitas

Ne cede malis

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mbrigha1 View Post
            It hurts me to correct you, but you guys were down 3-0. Yea, that's probably my worst memory of The House.
            Whoops, my bad, only 7 games in a series, not 8..though I'm sure by the time it was over it felt like 1,000 games to you..hell it felt like that for me, I was emotionally drained and physically exhausted by the time it was over..
            "When people show you who they are, believe them." - Maya Angelou

Comment

Originally posted by mbrigha1 View Post
              I gotta give the Yankees credit on that one. I'm told at the end of the game the PA always plays "New York, New York." They do the Liza Minelli version if the visitors win, and the Frank Sinatra version if the Yankees win. That night they played the Frank version- or so I read somewhere. Classy on their part if true.

'Course I'm sitting here getting all misty eyed (allergies) and if it did happen it was probably just a mistake on the part of the sound guy.
              "The only means we possess to thank them is to try to be as good an American as they were. We might fall well short of their standard, but there is honor in the effort."

Comment

Moving from "the house that Ruth built" to "the house that tax payers money built"

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns
                Last edited by FireCop86; 09-23-2008, 06:00 AM.
                This is my Glock, there are many like it, but this one is mine

"Anything is possible to he who dares" A.G. Spalding

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3129 users online. 207 members and 2922 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X