X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Transporter
    Forum Member
    • Jul 2008

How do you feel about this?

If you were fortunate enough to see the Monday night game between Dallas and Philly you may have seen this. It is my pet peeve about sporting events.

Prior to the game they had some 20 year old girl, who they described as a "pop sensation", sing the national anthem. She did what too many try to do these days, change the tune and get fancy. I HATE THAT CRAP! ehhum...Let's continue.

To say that the girl was "awful" would be an understatement. She missed note after note, tried to get all sexy with the cameras, and was a general nightmare. My gosh, the child was horrendous! At one point I stood up (in our crowd of about 30 who had gathered to watch on the big screen) and yelled, "Get off that cat's tail!"

Did you see it Monday night? Do you care that these people screw up our national anthem? (those in US of course.)

It just bugs me to no end.
    visit my blog if you are so inclined.
    http://dwmeeks.wordpress.com
    (I'm trying to drive up the hits.)
  • drewdrew
    Drinker of De Coffee
    • Aug 2007

..remember when Jordan Sparks messed up the anthem? That was funny. Well not really funny, pretty shameful.
    Last edited by drewdrew; 09-18-2008, 10:31 AM.
    "Be safe, have fun, and lock somebody up"

Comment

• mrc27
      Forum Member
      • Jan 2008

Bugs me too, ohohooooooohoohooohoohoohooooohh sayayayayayayayay caaaaaan yoooooooooooou see-eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Taking 5 minutes to sing the first line - ugh!

Keep it simple - I like it that way.
      Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we might as well dance.

Comment

• mrc27
        Forum Member
        • Jan 2008

Kat Deluna National Anthem - Cowboys/Eagles game 9/15/08
        Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

(BTW - I've never heard of her...)
        Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we might as well dance.

Comment

• hobbsie711

I wasn't sure about the stepping on a cats tail thing until the last verse and then I was sure. Ouch.

Comment

• Reiland
            Forum Member
            • Oct 2005

Wow...she had some trouble staying on key (and near the end, in range)...I think that may be part of why she got, uh, "creative" with it.

Comment

• Transporter
              Forum Member
              • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Reiland
              Wow...she had some trouble staying on key (and near the end, in range)...I think that may be part of why she got, uh, "creative" with it.
              "Got creative"... LOL OK . That does sound better than just "She sucked."

I thought she was too busy trying to play "sexy" to the camera, maybe.
              visit my blog if you are so inclined.
              http://dwmeeks.wordpress.com
              (I'm trying to drive up the hits.)

Comment

• highwaycop
                Forum Member
                • Jun 2008

Ive never heard of her but wow that sucked. Just sing the song the way it was written! Man that crap ******e$ me OFF.

Comment

• Jane Q Public
                  Forum Member
                  • Aug 2008

Originally posted by mrc27
                  Kat Deluna National Anthem - Cowboys/Eagles game 9/15/08
                  Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

(BTW - I've never heard of her...)
                  Oh, my ... that was ... awful. (I never heard of her before, either. I think I'm glad.)

But since that was so painful, let me suggest an antidote (not sure of the year--XXXI Superbowl? Recognized the elder President Bush & President Clinton in there, but the only sport I follow is baseball.)

No pop stars, no vocal show offs, just the Star Spangled Banner, the cadets, and the US Army Herald Trumpet Corps.Higher quality version can be heard / seen ...

Honestly, I think the problem is that there are too many pop-stars who become famous despite not being able to sing any better than the average John/Jane Doe in the bathroom shower. And there are some shower singers who probably could've done better than that young woman.
                  Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear. --Mark Twain

Comment

• FutureTrooper28
                    Forum Member
                    • Mar 2007

Yeah, she was just horrible. It was a disgrace.

I wish Carrie Underwood could sing at every NFL game... It doesn't get better than this:

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 25548 users online. 67 members and 25481 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...