300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom Brady

I gave a lot of flak to many patriot fans last year, especially over the results of the Super Bowl and though i do not like the New England Patriots I feel bad for the fact that Tom Brady wen't out like he did already this season. He is one of the best and I'm sorry to all you Patriot fans about his injury. Go Brett Favre!! prove em all wrong again bud.
    "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The MARINES don't have that problem." ....Ronald Reagan

Originally posted by Nightshift va View Post
    I gave a lot of flak to many patriot fans last year, especially over the results of the Super Bowl and though i do not like the New England Patriots I feel bad for the fact that Tom Brady wen't out like he did already this season. He is one of the best and I'm sorry to all you Patriot fans about his injury. Go Brett Favre!! prove em all wrong again bud.
    Nightshift is that you..really?? Thank you for being a classy fan, which is unlike most of what I have heard since he was injured yesterday. Grown people cheering for a serious injury..kind of makes me sick, but also shows what kind of people they are I suppose. I think if any team can come back from this it's the Patriots. It hurts, but we will move on, and like my dad said, now we'll see what kind of a football team we really have. Hopefully they will get fired up about how everyone is already writing them off, and grind out the season. I really feel like they'll be okay. I am more optimistic than anyone else at work today....
    "When people show you who they are, believe them." - Maya Angelou

Comment

The Pats will be alright, they're a well rounded team. I'm not a Pats or Brady fan at all, but to see people laughing at his injury, that's just low.
      "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Orwell

Comment

Where did they cheer and laugh, at the game?

Comment

eh sorry Tommy boy... would've loved to see Brett Farve whoop your arse without people blaming it on you being out of the game!

As for a side note... Dear God, please let Jeff Saturday make a speedy recovery. Peyton can't handle it when you're gone!

Comment

I wish Tom well, sucks to see someone hurt...The Pittsburgh Steelers are going to have it easy, I think they will win the AFC...Tom Brady is an ok qb, sack him a few times and you have the game, he could never take a hit(s)...Look at what the Giants did to him in the Super Bowl...
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jellybean400 View Post
              Where did they cheer and laugh, at the game?

Oh GOD no, they were playing at home..here is a sample of what I read the morning after, while we were all still reeling...

Dirty call
              Email|Link|Comments (121) Posted by Eric Wilbur, Boston.com Staff September 8, 2008 09:09 AM

Sports fans don’t normally root for an injury, at least the old mantra goes.

Of course, the well-being of an athlete is still a foremost concern, even for the most reasonable, if still devout, patrons of the game. But perhaps knowing their enemies all too well, New Englanders shouldn't be all that surprised over what happened yesterday in Manhattan when Tom Brady’s knee buckled under the pressure of Bernard Pollard.

Fans reacted with glee.

At least, that’s the word at the ESPN Zone in Times Square, where a New York Times editor was watching yesterday’s Chiefs-Patriots game. When Brady went down, “Most of the people in the restaurant roared with delight.”

Ah, New York. Just oozing with sportsmanship. Here’s a sampling of comments from that same entry on the Times’ Fifth Down blog:

“No one showed any sympathy for him, myself included. It couldn’t have happened to a nicer guy.”

“You better believe I’d have joined in. I cheered in the comfort of my own vehicle. That smug schmuck and his cheating coach deserve some comeuppance.”

“I would’ve danced on the tables if I had been there.”

“Any other team, no way, but you better believe I cheered…”

Now, compare those remarks with those made in say, Indianapolis, Miami, Denver, and, really, even Oakland, where seemingly more rationale football fans seemed to process Brady’s possible loss for the entire season with at least some sense of class.

In New York, they celebrate.

Before you chalk this up as Jets and Giants fans puffing their chests out in a display of team bravado there was also celebration further up the Evil Empire state. In Buffalo, when it was shown on the JumboTron, Bills fans cheered the sight of Brady limping off the field. Stephen Brunt of the Toronto Globe and Mail writes, “[It] might not be nice, or sportsmanlike, but is the kind of thing that happens when two sure losses on your schedule suddenly don't look quite so sure, when a division that was out of reach might suddenly be up for grabs.”

True. You can understand the layer of uncertainty that just got peeled off the seasons of the Jets, Dolphins, and Bills, making its way clear to Foxborough where it hovers over a normally sound and secure Gillette Stadium. But it’s also the kind of thing that happens when fans know their team isn’t good enough and has to root for a hit to a star’s physical nature.

Comment

All I can say is OUCH

This is my Glock, there are many like it, but this one is mine

"Anything is possible to he who dares" A.G. Spalding

Comment

aww man, that sucks.

Comment

No way anyone who actually played this game is happy to see any player have his knee injured in such a fashion. Ive had multiple surgeries on both my knee's from years of playing inside linebacker and noseguard in football, catcher in baseball and humpin machineguns as a grunt in the USMC. Now I pay for it daily as a 40 year old man who has 70 year old knee's. Tom will come back but he will not ever be the same with a torn ligament, I know from experience. As for the Patriots they are too good a team and have way too many weapons to be counted out just because he's out for now. The question now is do they seek a experienced quarterback else where or stick with who they have. Look for the Bills to have a big year also. One of my favorite quarterbacks that I think is a weapon not being used in cleveland is Brady Quinn. That boy is just waiting for an opprotunity to shine. If I was in the Pats office I'd try and get him as a starter while Tom is out.
                    "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The MARINES don't have that problem." ....Ronald Reagan

Comment

Can't stand Brady. Don't know why, just don't like the guy. But he deserves more respect than he seems to be getting. I wouldn't wish injury on anyone, and I sure wouldn't be happy about it!

Dang FireCop...That pic says a mouthfull!
                      visit my blog if you are so inclined.
                      http://dwmeeks.wordpress.com
                      (I'm trying to drive up the hits.)

Comment

Even if i hated him as a player (like i do T.O.) i wouldnt wish an injury like that. And TO is an ***hole lol.

Fans like that suck. I do say that maybe it will give other teams a chance to move ahead this year, but i still wouldnt wish an injury on someone. The Eagles have been thru it enuf with McNabb, and i have two bad knees myself... and i know the pain.

Comment

Originally posted by Jellybean400 View Post
                          Even if i hated him as a player (like i do T.O.) i wouldnt wish an injury like that. And TO is an ***hole lol.

Fans like that suck. I do say that maybe it will give other teams a chance to move ahead this year, but i still wouldnt wish an injury on someone. The Eagles have been thru it enuf with McNabb, and i have two bad knees myself... and i know the pain.
                          Yes, well its even worse now. I guess they're selling T-shirts..found this online:

Here’s the link to Believe Merch, the Steelers shirt site that’s selling the shirt and celebrating Pollard’s season-ending hit on Tom Brady.

http://www.believemerch.com/product/...n-club-red-tee

Comment

Originally posted by Sully49 View Post
                            Yes, well its even worse now. I guess they're selling T-shirts..found this online:

Here’s the link to Believe Merch, the Steelers shirt site that’s selling the shirt and celebrating Pollard’s season-ending hit on Tom Brady.

http://www.believemerch.com/product/...n-club-red-tee
                            Totally uncool...
                            Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we might as well dance.

Comment

Sully, your pops is right. We will see just how well we are rounded. My pop always said, it's a TEAM not just one man who wins games.

OUCH, that is not a pretty picture.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4801 users online. 302 members and 4499 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X