• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go Eagles!

McNabb Featured On SI Preview Cover
    August 26, 2008 | Last Updated: 8/26/08 5:51 PM ET |
    By: CHRIS McPHERSON

Don't believe the Eagles are Super? Well, Sports Illustrated does.

Quarterback Donovan McNabb is one of six NFL players featured on regional covers for the annual NFL preview issue which hits newsstands Wednesday. It is the third time that McNabb has been the on the cover and the 13th time an Eagles player was highlighted on the front of the prestigious magazine. McNabb was first placed on the cover after the win over the Packers in the 2003 playoffs, which was best remembered for the 4th-and-26 play. The second time was in September 2005, early in the season following the appearance in Super Bowl XXXIX.

The other five players featured in the regional covers are Patriots quarterback Tom Brady, Chargers running back LaDainian Tomlinson, Dallas quarterback Tony Romo, Jaguars running back Maurice Jones-Drew and Vikings running back Adrian Peterson. McNabb is smiling with the words "Bring It" in large print on the page.

Speaking of Super Bowl, Sports Illustrated senior writer Paul Zimmerman picked the Eagles to finish 12-4 and win the NFC East. In the playoffs, Zimmerman expects the Eagles to knock off the Cowboys and the Vikings en route to an appearance in Super Bowl XLIII. What do the Eagles do there? You'll have to pick up the magazine to find out.

Prediction ----

McNabb will start out looking like an MVP. His owners in fantasy leagues everywhere will be boasting about how McNabb fell to them in the draft and they knew all along that he was back. The Eagles will start out looking like they could beat everybody. Then somewhere in the middle of the season. McNabb will get hurt, the Eagles will fade, and fantasy players will rue the day they picked McNabb.

Wait, this sounds familiar

Been there, done that.

I'll concede, IF McNabb stays healthy. They could be special. But I just don't have faith in him anymore.

Comment

Lmao!!

Eagles make the playoffs??? That's a funny one. They certainly will not finish ahead of the Cowboys and will have a hard time beating the lowly Gmen. Eagles won't make the playoffs and McNasty will be hurt by mid season.

Comment

Originally posted by NTxSarge View Post
        Prediction ----

McNabb will start out looking like an MVP. His owners in fantasy leagues everywhere will be boasting about how McNabb fell to them in the draft and they knew all along that he was back. The Eagles will start out looking like they could beat everybody. Then somewhere in the middle of the season. McNabb will get hurt, the Eagles will fade, and fantasy players will rue the day they picked McNabb.

Wait, this sounds familiar
        LOL - i was gonna say, that sounds like every other year. They keep breaking my heart.

Comment

I hate the Eagles along with their pathetic loser fans. Always talking smack at the beginning of the season.

Question: What division is football holds the most Super Bowl Titles?

Answer: NFC East with 11. Cowboys 5, Jints 3 and Skins 3.

Question: How many belong to the stinkin Birds?

Answer: 0.

Now with the Jints winning the Super Bowl, very unexpectedly I might add, anything they do this season is gravy. However, it kills me that these sports writers somehow think that they were a fluke. Granted they got hot at the right time but this is a team with a ton of talent. How the Eagles think that they are more talented is a joke.

"Jerry, just remember, it’s not a lie if you believe it". George Constanza.

Comment

Cowboys Rule!

Cowboys are the best!...Eagles are not going to beat the Cowboys sorry...
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ex Army MP View Post
              I hate the Eagles along with their pathetic loser fans. Always talking smack at the beginning of the season.
              Nooooo... the COWBOY fans are THE worst!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NTxSarge View Post
                Prediction ----

You forgot to include the part where he starts throwing up on the sidelines...
                "When people show you who they are, believe them." - Maya Angelou

Comment

Originally posted by Sully49 View Post
                  You forgot to include the part where he starts throwing up on the sidelines...
                  I thought he threw up right out on the field - didnt he? poor Donovan...

Comment

Originally posted by Jellybean400 View Post
                    I thought he threw up right out on the field - didnt he? poor Donovan...
                    The only thing he was throwing up today was touchdowns!
                    It's better to be hated for what you are, then to be loved for what you are not.

Comment

Originally posted by safetyallday View Post
                      The only thing he was throwing up today was touchdowns!
                      Oh yeahhhh... what a pace they had going. that's the kind of football i like lots of running, throwing, and scoring

And my favorite player scored a 90-yard touchdown!! (Hank Baskett) I'm in Eagles Heaven today. What an opening game.

Comment

I am hoping that they are off to a strong start, and that the Rams weren't just really bad.
                        It's better to be hated for what you are, then to be loved for what you are not.

Comment

I know - i agree. I have myself convinced that it was some of both. I dont want my hopes to be too high yet

There were some great plays made on both offense and defense, and Donovan DID do a really good job.

Comment

We will find out next week in Dallas.

Comment

Well, i thought i'd resurrect this thread... and then kill it.

Since the Eagles are dead. Another embarassing year. They have so much talent and could have gone so far. I dont understand it. They are much better than many of the teams they've played and lost to (and tied ?? ).

I'll always be an Eagles fan, but they make it hard for me to enjoy watching my football

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5173 users online. 319 members and 4854 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X