Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Phelps = Superman

Wow, simply wow!!!

How did he just pull off the 100m Fly over Cavic??? He really is a miracle man...

7 Golds one more to go...

+1! I've never seen an athlete as dominant as Phelps has been so far.

Nastia Liukin and Shawn Johnson are pretty great too... .

Comment

Originally posted by Columbus View Post
      +1! I've never seen an athlete as dominant as Phelps has been so far.

Nastia Liukin and Shawn Johnson are pretty great too... .

I was hoping Liukin would win the gold but after Johnson was so humble in defeat (silver medal being defeat???) I felt bad for her.

Not sure if you saw the 100M final. I remember you asking for sprint advice before. Look at Bolt and that is all the schooling you will need. He is a monster. Broke the world record and was celebrating with 15m to go...

Comment

Phelps is a monster. 8 golds!

Comment

Another exciting race as was the Women's relay... Would love to have seen Torres win a gold in the individual...

Comment

He is not a man, he is a fish. I dont even think that dude is human....

Comment

I hear he has gills behind his ears....
              1*

Comment

Originally posted by Soleil_nuage
                I read that he eats 12,000 calories a day. Not 1,200, 12,000

Typical Phelps breakfast: three fried-egg sandwiches with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, fried onions and mayonnaise, a bowl of grits, three slices of French toast and three chocolate chip pancakes.

Typical lunch: energy drinks that add up to 1,000 calories, a pound of pasta with tomato sauce and two ham sandwiches on white bread.

Typical dinner: six to eight slices of pizza (isn't that a large pizza), another pound of pasta with tomato sauce and energy drinks.

And the man only has probably about 7 or 8 percent body fat.

Bastard!
                Initially I thought you were bojanglin till I read this. Apparently, his training is so demanding and rigorous that it requires him to consume 10,000+ calories a day in order for his body to simply operate.

Comment

When they were here in Omaha for the swimming trials last month to get into the Olympic games they spent a lot of time with Phelps. They did one news segment just about the food he eats every day and he eats a loooooooot. From all of their conversations they had with him and people who met him while he was here he seems like a really nice guy. People around town were talking about how he spent an hour at one local bar waiting for his mom signing autographs and talking to fans.
                  Some people were just dropped on their heads as children more than the rest of us!

Comment

This kid is just amazing. There is a lengthy write about him after the 2004 Olympics.

He is the son of a state trooper and a teacher, divorced, was on Ritalin for 2 years for ADHD, and found a swim coach (interestingly enough, a single unmarried man who drifted around the country coaching kids), and he has become a mentor/coach/dad-figure to Michael. Awesome story, awesome kid.

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/08/08/ma...er=rssuserland

Comment

Originally posted by Soleil_nuage
                      I read that he eats 12,000 calories a day. Not 1,200, 12,000

Typical Phelps breakfast: three fried-egg sandwiches with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, fried onions and mayonnaise, a bowl of grits, three slices of French toast and three chocolate chip pancakes.

Typical lunch: energy drinks that add up to 1,000 calories, a pound of pasta with tomato sauce and two ham sandwiches on white bread.

Typical dinner: six to eight slices of pizza (isn't that a large pizza), another pound of pasta with tomato sauce and energy drinks.

And the man only has probably about 7 or 8 percent body fat.

Bastard!
                      Yeah but...have you read about how much he burns by working out? You could eat this much too if you wanted to take up his extraordinary work out routine to go along with the meals. It's not like he eats all this then sits on the couch all day.
                      "When people show you who they are, believe them." - Maya Angelou

Comment

Originally posted by Columbus View Post
                        Nastia Liukin
                        Robbed last night for gold on the bars!

She was not happy!
                        Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we might as well dance.

Comment

Originally posted by mrc27 View Post

She was not happy!
                          Neither was I...

Oh, and also on my list is Alicia Sacramone, too bad she didn't come through as well as expected this time around.

Comment

Is she the one that lost out to the Chinese gymnast who fell on one of her vaults & still medaled?
                            Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we might as well dance.

Comment

Originally posted by mrc27 View Post

She was not happy!
                              Don't know why they couldn't have given 2 golds and a bronze.

The same score is the same score. Just like Jamaica with the gold and two silers in the women's 200M. Speaking of the Jamacians... what the hell is in the air over there that makes them all run so fast

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5104 users online. 311 members and 4793 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X