300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recycling radio chatter?

Do shows like these (COPS, LAPD Life On The Beat, etc) recycle old radio chatter? It was quite strange because I was watching the newest episode of Street Patrol on the 29th, and I heard over their radio the exact same radio talk that is in the beginning of the song "Why We Thugs" by Ice Cube that came out over two years ago. It was quite strange and so it got me to wondering. Heres the song with the radio chatter in the first five seconds: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QM2eAdbGzAE If anyone could enlighten me on this that would be great!

All TV shows and movies seem to use the same stock reel of radio chatter. Nothing new.

Comment

I know that movies and some tv shows have stock footage for radio chatter, but movies and shows like CSI aren't reality shows like lapd, cops, street patrol, etc. It just seems weird that a reality show would use old radio chatter, makes sense to use what is happening right now v.s. old stock footage.

Comment

There is no reason for shows like COPS and LAPD, Life On The Beat, to use "stock" radio footage. Each segment is new and uses the audio of whatever comes out on the radio at that time.

TV shows like CSI and other "make believe" shows do use stock footage.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3721 users online. 171 members and 3550 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X