300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian

Just saw "Prince Caspian" - good movie! As in the first film, I really enjoyed the special effects...seeing well-done centaurs, minotaurs, fauns, gryphons, etc is pretty cool in my book Didn't adhere so well to the original story, but then again, probably would have been a boring movie if it did

Anyone else see it?

I went a few days ago with my 2.5 and 6.5 year olds. We all really enjoyed it even though the 2 year old kinda lost track of her self a few times. That was the first larger series of books I read in 3rd grade, so I am kinda biased, but it rocked. I will go see it again in a few weeks.

Comment

I may go this weekend. I love seeing fantasy creatures brought to life!

Comment

Originally posted by Reiland View Post
        Didn't adhere so well to the original story, but then again, probably would have been a boring movie if it did
        What big things did they change? I read the first three books many times as a child and remember this one well.

Let me guess: they probably did the final war as another all-out battle scene instead of 1-on-1?

I only saw the first movie once but it seemed to stay pretty close to the book; I'm curious about this one.

You can PM me if you think they will be spoilers: I'll probably forget by the time I see it, so it won't bother me!
        If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

---Jack Handey

Comment

Just saw it this weekend, I liked a lot, in my opinion it was better than the first one.
          "When people show you who they are, believe them." - Maya Angelou

Comment

I liked it. I got the first one on dvd to see before the new one. I like them both.

Life begins at 40...

Comment

We really enjoyed it...but it has been quite a while since I read the books.

I thought it stayed fairly close to the book.
              Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

Comment

I probably as big a CS Lewis fan as you're going to find so I am a bit biased.

Many things are out of order from the books, but at least they are there in some way.

The biggest problem for me was that they introduce a weird semi-love story into it.

I can just imaging some guys sitting around a table in Hollywood...

"How can we improve on CS Lewis' masterpiece?"

"I know! Let's make it a love story!"

"That's brilliant! Way better than one of the greatest writers of the 20th century!"

Eh. I hate it when they do that...

Overall, it was pretty well done.

- js
                They [the bad guys] don't care about hurting people and sometimes, when you are the bad guy, your door gets knocked in and warrants get served.

Comment

Was the thing with Caspian and the girl the "love story"? I thought it felt kind of "tacked on" actually.

I hate when they do that...Like with the movie "queen of the damned" where they took Anne Rice's brilliant idea and screwed it up so bad it was unrecognizable. One of the main things they did was competely fabricate a love story that had no basis whatsoever in the books, because obviously the American audiences are too vacuous to enjoy a story that lacks a romantic subplot.

Comment

This movie was a huge...HUGE...stinker. I wanted to kill myself while suffering through 140 minutes of dry heaves. Much too long and total crap, crap, carp, crap, crap. Just horrible.
                    ...hunter of the shadows is rising...

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3889 users online. 170 members and 3719 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X