X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gene L
    replied
    Originally posted by Conner View Post
    Sometimes loose ends and being vague makes a movie what it is.
    Not unless a sequel is in the works. Some movies don't resolve all the issues but the ones that blatently disregard them are usually very bad movies. There is a level of tolerance for this I think everyone has.

But I would like to hear the title of a movie where leaving loose ends and being vague makes the movie better. Could happen, but I missed it.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I am hoping they will make an extended DVD or another movie or something to explain what happened next.

Leave a comment:

• Cockney Corner.
    replied
    Originally posted by beachcop05 View Post
    I think it's probably a pretty accurate portrayal of the way the UK might be in 20 years, as far as the Muslim thing, and probably society in general.
    Sod society. I'm just worried that in 20 years time they're still, if the film is to be believed, insisting we wear those ridiculous blue helmets aka the Custodian Helmet, proud symbol of British Policing.

Leave a comment:

• concon02
    replied
    The movie was brief and vague when explaining the "Human Project". Basically it's just a group of secret scientists dedicated to understanding and curing the infertility problem.

Best movie of '06.
    Last edited by concon02; 06-04-2007, 03:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• beachcop05
    replied
    Originally posted by MesaHopeful View Post
    I guess I'm the only one here who hated and despised this movie with the fire of 1000 suns?

Nothing is ever explained in this movie.. Ever. (the following may be considered spoilers if you've not seen it)

Why can't women get pregnant?
    Why can this one?
    If Britain is the only civilized nation, why is there chaos and gunfire everywhere they go
    Who/What is the human project?
    Why is the world destroyed? How? At least in V for Vendetta they explained it...
    What is the end goal of the 'fish'? despite being an apparently pro-immigration group, they accomplish their goals through militant and terrorist tactics..

This movie stank of left wing politics. 20 years in the future, IN BRITAIN, and we still see "Bush lied, people died" "don't attack Iraq"

Dont get me started on the ending... why? Because THERE ISN'T ONE.

"Okay people, lets get this boat scene filmed" "sir, we're out of money" "what?" "yeah" "ok well, I guess we'll tie up some loose ends" "no, sir, completely out of money" "really?" "yeah..." "oh, ok, ROLL CREDITS!"

Hated it.

Why can't women get pregnant? no one knows, they don't even know, they were trying to figure it out; genetic experiments, the govt, infertility, no one knew, and that's the point....

Why can this one get pregnant? i don't know, maybe she slipped through the cracks....they don't even know either, so if they're not gonna know, we're not gonna know

Britain's not really as civilized as it once was, there is chaos everywhere because everyone is in despair and has lost hope, no one cares anymore, that whole thing about "Britain soldiers on" was just propoganda for the British people...... c'mon you know that

They explained what the human project was.

The world wasn't destroyed,

The fish were just that, a terrorist group that accomplishes it's goals thru violence, just like we have today,

There is an ending, she makes it to the human project, and they find out how she became pregnant and hopefully make women fertile again

Loved it

Leave a comment:

• beachcop05
    replied
    Originally posted by dogcop View Post
    I REALLY REALLY wanted to like it before I saw it, and I was left with an "it was OK" feeling. The pace was WAY toooooooooo slow for me. When the action happened I thought it was intense and great. When the final shoot out sequence happened I almost thought it was better than Heat or Full Metal Jacket in terms of "shoot'em up" action. Sadly, in my opinion, the rest of the movie did not live up in intensity. I'm not saying I wanted gun shots every 2 minutes, but I would have liked to have more of a sense of tension, of peril or of doom through the movie. I felt it was a rather plodding movie with some excellent parts. A very "unbalanced" movie IMHO.

Well ya, but this is also a time of great sadness, everyone is in despair and has essentially lost hope, for obvious reasons....remember what the guy said? "in a hundred years nobody will be around to see it anyway" so what's the point? You're not gonna get non-stop action and violence, when the movie is trying to illustrate an accurate depiction of the way people will be and society will be in a world of no hope, and no one really cares anymore.

I think it did a PERFECT job of depicting the great sadness and despair that society....it was supposed to be slow for a reason.

Leave a comment:

• dogcop
    replied
    I REALLY REALLY wanted to like it before I saw it, and I was left with an "it was OK" feeling. The pace was WAY toooooooooo slow for me. When the action happened I thought it was intense and great. When the final shoot out sequence happened I almost thought it was better than Heat or Full Metal Jacket in terms of "shoot'em up" action. Sadly, in my opinion, the rest of the movie did not live up in intensity. I'm not saying I wanted gun shots every 2 minutes, but I would have liked to have more of a sense of tension, of peril or of doom through the movie. I felt it was a rather plodding movie with some excellent parts. A very "unbalanced" movie IMHO.

Leave a comment:

• concon02
    replied
    Originally posted by MesaHopeful
    I guess I'm the only one here who hated and despised this movie with the fire of 1000 suns?

Nothing is ever explained in this movie.. Ever. (the following may be considered spoilers if you've not seen it)

Why can this one?
    If Britain is the only civilized nation, why is there chaos and gunfire everywhere they go
    Why is the world destroyed? How? At least in V for Vendetta they explained it...
    What is the end goal of the 'fish'? despite being an apparently pro-immigration group, they accomplish their goals through militant and terrorist tactics..

This movie stank of left wing politics. 20 years in the future, IN BRITAIN, and we still see "Bush lied, people died" "don't attack Iraq"

"Okay people, lets get this boat scene filmed" "sir, we're out of money" "what?" "yeah" "ok well, I guess we'll tie up some loose ends" "no, sir, completely out of money" "really?" "yeah..." "oh, ok, ROLL CREDITS!"

Hated it.
    Sometimes loose ends and being vague makes a movie what it is.

Leave a comment:

• MesaHopeful
    replied

Why can this one?

Hated it.

Leave a comment:

• concon02
    replied
    Originally posted by Dtrain666
    It was an awesome flick. CLive Owen Is God.
    Great actor indeed. He was rad in Sin City.

Leave a comment:

• Dtrain666
    replied
    It was an awesome flick. CLive Owen Is God.

Leave a comment:

• concon02
    replied
    Originally posted by MykesCrazy
    I also saw it twice.

I enjoyed it so much but for some reason, the ladies did not like it as much as I did. I went with my girlfriend the first time and she just kept saying that it was impossible! (like Spiderman is!!) I also went with a few other friends (Ladies) and they basically said the same thing!?!?!

I thought the cinematography was Wonderful, especially all those Long Single Shots!!! Oh and If any of you are familiar with Green Street Hooligans (one of my favorite movies) the Motorcycle rider was Steve Dunham!
    Green Street Hooligans rules. I had the DVD in my hand about to buy it yesterday but decided not to. I should have. =/

Leave a comment:

• MykesCrazy
    replied
    I also saw it twice.

I enjoyed it so much but for some reason, the ladies did not like it as much as I did. I went with my girlfriend the first time and she just kept saying that it was impossible! (like Spiderman is!!) I also went with a few other friends (Ladies) and they basically said the same thing!?!?!

I thought the cinematography was Wonderful, especially all those Long Single Shots!!! Oh and If any of you are familiar with Green Street Hooligans (one of my favorite movies) the Motorcycle rider was Steve Dunham!

Leave a comment:

• tehJet
    replied
    I thought it was a great film! I should go out and buy it... First of all, I think Michael Caine is good in anything also, the more actiony sequences, I really liked because they just seemed to flow in a really natural way I think almost everyone would enjoy it

Leave a comment:

• nobody33
    replied
    One of the best movies I have ever seen. the battle scene was great camera work.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2913 users online. 144 members and 2769 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X