Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Children of Men

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Children of Men

    I was bored and heard it was good so I bought it on DVD. I liked it but I need to rewatch it. Anyone else seen it? Thoughts?

  • #2
    I loved it, one of my favorite movies now. I actually watched it twice in the theatres...I thought it was that good. I think it's probably a pretty accurate portrayal of the way the UK might be in 20 years, as far as the Muslim thing, and probably society in general.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by beachcop05
      I loved it, one of my favorite movies now. I actually watched it twice in the theatres...I thought it was that good. I think it's probably a pretty accurate portrayal of the way the UK might be in 20 years, as far as the Muslim thing, and probably society in general.
      Yeah it was intense. Good cinematography.

      That segment of the movie where that burning car comes down the hill and then all the people come running out of the woods was pretty ill. I almost ****ed my pants. That dude getting knocked off the motor bike, so rad.

      Comment


      • #4
        One of the best movies I have ever seen. the battle scene was great camera work.
        Get low, get ground, get tactical! Sprawl! Sprawl! Sprawl!

        Comment


        • #5
          I thought it was a great film! I should go out and buy it... First of all, I think Michael Caine is good in anything also, the more actiony sequences, I really liked because they just seemed to flow in a really natural way I think almost everyone would enjoy it

          Comment


          • #6
            I also saw it twice.

            I enjoyed it so much but for some reason, the ladies did not like it as much as I did. I went with my girlfriend the first time and she just kept saying that it was impossible! (like Spiderman is!!) I also went with a few other friends (Ladies) and they basically said the same thing!?!?!

            I thought the cinematography was Wonderful, especially all those Long Single Shots!!! Oh and If any of you are familiar with Green Street Hooligans (one of my favorite movies) the Motorcycle rider was Steve Dunham!
            "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

            -Benjamin Franklin (1706 - 1790)

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by MykesCrazy
              I also saw it twice.

              I enjoyed it so much but for some reason, the ladies did not like it as much as I did. I went with my girlfriend the first time and she just kept saying that it was impossible! (like Spiderman is!!) I also went with a few other friends (Ladies) and they basically said the same thing!?!?!

              I thought the cinematography was Wonderful, especially all those Long Single Shots!!! Oh and If any of you are familiar with Green Street Hooligans (one of my favorite movies) the Motorcycle rider was Steve Dunham!
              Green Street Hooligans rules. I had the DVD in my hand about to buy it yesterday but decided not to. I should have. =/

              Comment


              • #8
                It was an awesome flick. CLive Owen Is God.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Dtrain666
                  It was an awesome flick. CLive Owen Is God.
                  Great actor indeed. He was rad in Sin City.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I guess I'm the only one here who hated and despised this movie with the fire of 1000 suns?

                    Nothing is ever explained in this movie.. Ever. (the following may be considered spoilers if you've not seen it)

                    **
                    Why can't women get pregnant?
                    Why can this one?
                    If Britain is the only civilized nation, why is there chaos and gunfire everywhere they go
                    Who/What is the human project?
                    Why is the world destroyed? How? At least in V for Vendetta they explained it...
                    What is the end goal of the 'fish'? despite being an apparently pro-immigration group, they accomplish their goals through militant and terrorist tactics..

                    This movie stank of left wing politics. 20 years in the future, IN BRITAIN, and we still see "Bush lied, people died" "don't attack Iraq"

                    Dont get me started on the ending... why? Because THERE ISN'T ONE.

                    "Okay people, lets get this boat scene filmed" "sir, we're out of money" "what?" "yeah" "ok well, I guess we'll tie up some loose ends" "no, sir, completely out of money" "really?" "yeah..." "oh, ok, ROLL CREDITS!"

                    Hated it.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by MesaHopeful
                      I guess I'm the only one here who hated and despised this movie with the fire of 1000 suns?

                      Nothing is ever explained in this movie.. Ever. (the following may be considered spoilers if you've not seen it)

                      **
                      Why can't women get pregnant?
                      Why can this one?
                      If Britain is the only civilized nation, why is there chaos and gunfire everywhere they go
                      Who/What is the human project?
                      Why is the world destroyed? How? At least in V for Vendetta they explained it...
                      What is the end goal of the 'fish'? despite being an apparently pro-immigration group, they accomplish their goals through militant and terrorist tactics..

                      This movie stank of left wing politics. 20 years in the future, IN BRITAIN, and we still see "Bush lied, people died" "don't attack Iraq"

                      Dont get me started on the ending... why? Because THERE ISN'T ONE.

                      "Okay people, lets get this boat scene filmed" "sir, we're out of money" "what?" "yeah" "ok well, I guess we'll tie up some loose ends" "no, sir, completely out of money" "really?" "yeah..." "oh, ok, ROLL CREDITS!"

                      Hated it.
                      Sometimes loose ends and being vague makes a movie what it is.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I REALLY REALLY wanted to like it before I saw it, and I was left with an "it was OK" feeling. The pace was WAY toooooooooo slow for me. When the action happened I thought it was intense and great. When the final shoot out sequence happened I almost thought it was better than Heat or Full Metal Jacket in terms of "shoot'em up" action. Sadly, in my opinion, the rest of the movie did not live up in intensity. I'm not saying I wanted gun shots every 2 minutes, but I would have liked to have more of a sense of tension, of peril or of doom through the movie. I felt it was a rather plodding movie with some excellent parts. A very "unbalanced" movie IMHO.
                        www.saveavet.org

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by dogcop View Post
                          I REALLY REALLY wanted to like it before I saw it, and I was left with an "it was OK" feeling. The pace was WAY toooooooooo slow for me. When the action happened I thought it was intense and great. When the final shoot out sequence happened I almost thought it was better than Heat or Full Metal Jacket in terms of "shoot'em up" action. Sadly, in my opinion, the rest of the movie did not live up in intensity. I'm not saying I wanted gun shots every 2 minutes, but I would have liked to have more of a sense of tension, of peril or of doom through the movie. I felt it was a rather plodding movie with some excellent parts. A very "unbalanced" movie IMHO.

                          Well ya, but this is also a time of great sadness, everyone is in despair and has essentially lost hope, for obvious reasons....remember what the guy said? "in a hundred years nobody will be around to see it anyway" so what's the point? You're not gonna get non-stop action and violence, when the movie is trying to illustrate an accurate depiction of the way people will be and society will be in a world of no hope, and no one really cares anymore.

                          I think it did a PERFECT job of depicting the great sadness and despair that society....it was supposed to be slow for a reason.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by MesaHopeful View Post
                            I guess I'm the only one here who hated and despised this movie with the fire of 1000 suns?

                            Nothing is ever explained in this movie.. Ever. (the following may be considered spoilers if you've not seen it)

                            **
                            Why can't women get pregnant?
                            Why can this one?
                            If Britain is the only civilized nation, why is there chaos and gunfire everywhere they go
                            Who/What is the human project?
                            Why is the world destroyed? How? At least in V for Vendetta they explained it...
                            What is the end goal of the 'fish'? despite being an apparently pro-immigration group, they accomplish their goals through militant and terrorist tactics..

                            This movie stank of left wing politics. 20 years in the future, IN BRITAIN, and we still see "Bush lied, people died" "don't attack Iraq"

                            Dont get me started on the ending... why? Because THERE ISN'T ONE.

                            "Okay people, lets get this boat scene filmed" "sir, we're out of money" "what?" "yeah" "ok well, I guess we'll tie up some loose ends" "no, sir, completely out of money" "really?" "yeah..." "oh, ok, ROLL CREDITS!"

                            Hated it.

                            Why can't women get pregnant? no one knows, they don't even know, they were trying to figure it out; genetic experiments, the govt, infertility, no one knew, and that's the point....

                            Why can this one get pregnant? i don't know, maybe she slipped through the cracks....they don't even know either, so if they're not gonna know, we're not gonna know

                            Britain's not really as civilized as it once was, there is chaos everywhere because everyone is in despair and has lost hope, no one cares anymore, that whole thing about "Britain soldiers on" was just propoganda for the British people...... c'mon you know that

                            They explained what the human project was.

                            The world wasn't destroyed,

                            The fish were just that, a terrorist group that accomplishes it's goals thru violence, just like we have today,

                            There is an ending, she makes it to the human project, and they find out how she became pregnant and hopefully make women fertile again

                            Loved it

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              The movie was brief and vague when explaining the "Human Project". Basically it's just a group of secret scientists dedicated to understanding and curing the infertility problem.

                              Best movie of '06.
                              Last edited by concon02; 06-04-2007, 03:08 PM.

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 6759 users online. 344 members and 6415 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X