Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best police movies/tv shows of all time?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do have to add Bullit though, as I think it is one of the quintessential (sp?) cop/car chase movies

Steve McQueen...the original badass

Comment

in no particular order:
      adam 12
      dragnet
      Chips
      the orginal Untouchables (in black and white)
      McCloud movies
      McMillian and Wife
      Police Story
      Hill Street Blues
      and I remember COp Rock.. very entertaining..:P
      "come on vacation, leave on probation"

Comment

Originally posted by JonMcD1980 View Post
        Nobody mentioned Top Cops (I think from the early 90's) Of course I haven't seen it in YEARS...but I remember being a young'n and thinking that show was amazing....anyone else even remember that show??
        Top Cops was awesome!! I loved that show when I was a kid....wow...what memories. I think there was one called American Police...it followed John Bunnell when he was in the Narcotics Unit.

COLORS was my favorite movie and To Live and Die in LA was pretty damn good too.

And I just saw someone mentioned LAPD Life on the Beat....I enjoyed watching that show because of their tactical training.
        Last edited by JSD73; 06-24-2007, 07:48 PM.
        Moooooooooooo, I'm a goat

Comment

3rd watch, NYPD blue, X-Files (FBI)

Comment

the best police show was Adam-12 hands down

Comment

Originally posted by ArkansasFan24 View Post
              So so true, fell in love with that show. (I'm showing my age) That series got me interested in LE all the way, no doubt about it. I wish it was in re-runs somewhere.....

I always thought 'Barney Miller' was hip in portraying the some of the stuff that goes on in police department buildings. Even though it was a comedy. Much of what I experienced when I worked at the PD makes 'Barney Miller' pretty accurate.

'Crime Story' was terrific, 'Hill Street Blues' & 'NYPD Blue' are one that I would watch. My favorite though is not drama but the purveyors of reality TV, 'COPS'. There's good stuff on those shows. Sometimes it can be comedic to see what those breaking the law do. Good training stuff on there too I would think. Many a time I've wondered that it can teach those learning the ropes as to what not to do sometimes. I've been watching it since day one.

Movies, 'Colors' was pretty good, but 'To Live and Die in LA' is my favorite. I don't get though why so many dig 'Training Day'. Way too extreme, and someone mentioned earlier unbeliveable. The whole story line was bunk and ridiculous.

Comment

Did anyone see "Collateral" with Tom Cruise? I know he's not a cop in that movie but if you want to see "true to life" techniques, whoever his advisor for that movie was did a pretty good job in showing him techniques of shooting. Some of which are taught and practiced in the academy. I thought that was impressive.

Comment

"HIGHWAY PATROL" starring Broderick Crawford
                  Last edited by grumpyirishman; 03-03-2010, 02:56 PM.
                  "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" -George Orwell

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing diapers." - Blues Brothers

Comment

Originally posted by ArkansasFan24 View Post
                    I agree also. I currently work out of the same station that you see on the show from the outside. If you're looking for it on DVD, the first season is in stores. I was able to buy the whole series on-line. It's still pretty cool to watch it after all these years.

Dragnet of the late 60's is also a good show.

Comment

• no one said Andy Griffin? Every department has a Barney Fife and everyone knows who he is!
                      there's always some idiot trying to ice skate up hill

Comment

• Take one guess...

I think my screen name speaks for itself.

Other cop movies I'm partial to: Onion Field, The Departed, Colors and Fort Apache The Bronx.

Cop TV shows: COPS of course, and High Incident was probably the best cop show I've seen. Other ones I enjoyed were Hill Street Blues, CHIPS, LA Dragnet (the one with Eva Longoria) and the short-lived Robbery Homicide (Tom Sizemore).

Best chase: Bullitt...hands down. There is no equal.
                        Last edited by New_Centurion; 08-25-2007, 06:46 AM. Reason: additions
                        "It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived." --General George Patton

Comment

• movies:
                          Dragnet (the one with Tom Hanks and Dan Akroyd)
                          Bad Boys 1 and 2
                          Hot Fuzz
                          Blue Streak
                          SWAT
                          Narc
                          Super Troopers
                          The Negotiator

TV Shows:
                          Boomtown
                          The Shield
                          Cops
                          Reno 911

I'm not a police officer yet, so I was just curious, aside from Cops, are there any shows or movies that are somewhat accurate to what real police life is like?
                          And shepards we shall be for Thee my Lord for Thee
                          Power hath decended forth from Thy hand that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
                          So we shall flow a river forth to Thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be.

Comment

• Originally posted by 13B to 13D View Post
                            movies:
                            Dragnet (the one with Tom Hanks and Dan Akroyd)
                            Bad Boys 1 and 2
                            Hot Fuzz
                            Blue Streak
                            SWAT
                            Narc
                            Super Troopers
                            The Negotiator

TV Shows:
                            Boomtown
                            The Shield
                            Cops
                            Reno 911

If you have the Fox Reality Channel, you can check out Real Stories of The Highway Patrol and LAPD, Liife On The Beat. Both are like COPS with TV crews riding with the officers.

I'm not a police officer yet, so I was just curious, aside from Cops, are there any shows or movies that are somewhat accurate to what real police life is like?

Comment

• Originally posted by 13B to 13D View Post

COPS isn't even a somewhat accurate depiction of what actual police life is like. An instructor of mine in the police academy always told us, "If you want to learn how to get killed as a police officer, watch COPS." Most episodes you see the spotlighted officers hamming it up too much for the camera and their tactics are HORRIBLE.
                              Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

• Movies: Heat
                                SWAT
                                Dirty Harry Series
                                LA Confidential
                                Super Troopers (Always a good laugh)

TV: K-Ville
                                Miami Vice
                                Stand Off
                                Hunter
                                Last edited by farrellsm77; 10-08-2007, 10:11 AM.
                                Common sense its not a common virtue...

sigpic

"The AR-15, Legos for grown ups."-Jwise

"OCD with firearms can ensure your continued use of oxygen. "- Blackdog F4i

1042 Trooper is my hero!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4499 users online. 263 members and 4236 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X