Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best police movies/tv shows of all time?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

maybe a bit too old school for all the youngsters raised with color tv, but "highway patrol" with broderick crawford and "m squad" with lee marvin. also jack webb in "dragnet" and the two roberts, taylor and stack in resectively, "the detectives" and "the untouchables".
    for movies, one of the best was "detective story" with kirk douglas and william bendix. another good one was "appointment with danger" with alan ladd as a u.s. postal inspector. can't leave out "the fbi story" with jimmy stewart.

Comment

vttroop, There are 3 "versions," I believe. I think they have one that was made in 70s, 80s, and 90s. The 70s version was the worst one in terms of seeing the bad stuff. I think there was one where someone's arm was scattered across the highway. This was 4 years ago so I can't remember it too well.
      Complete write up of the process with the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department (LVMPD) - http://forums.officer.com/t187923/

Comment

I've been re-runned to death watching my favorites, CSI, Law & Order, and Law & Order SVU. Now I'm hooked on Without a Trace. Love that show!

I know they aren't really cop shows but I like all the Forensics shows, Cold Case Files, and Doctor G, Medical Examiner.
        "You know, marriage is between a man and a woman, and I don't believe judges ought to come along and change that."

"I'm against gun control generally. You know, you check my record. You'll find I'm pretty consistent on that issue."

"The court [by overturning the D.C. gun ban] basically said the Constitution means what it says, and I agree with that."

Fred Thompson

Comment

Not many said "Colors" I think that is a great movie
          Deputy Sheriff

Comment

I haven't seen this one mentioned but "Walking Tall" was one of my favorite movies. I think it was based on a true story.

I'm showing my age here. LOL
            "You know, marriage is between a man and a woman, and I don't believe judges ought to come along and change that."

"I'm against gun control generally. You know, you check my record. You'll find I'm pretty consistent on that issue."

"The court [by overturning the D.C. gun ban] basically said the Constitution means what it says, and I agree with that."

Fred Thompson

Comment

I mentioned it a few posts ago on this page. Yea, Walking Tall rocks. And Bufford Pusser was actually a real person, and a godd#mn tough person at that. Every county needs a Sheriff like Bufford Pusser. Shot, stabbed and beat up and he still kept comin'. Just to die asleep at the wheel, I think, when he ws in his 70's. But I'm not totally sure about that.
              It's a great life. You risk your skin catchin' killers and the juries turn 'em loose so they can come back and shoot at ya again. If you're honest, you're poor your whole life, and in the end you wind up dyin' all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothin'. For a tin star.
              -quote from "High Noon"

Comment

Originally posted by JDZNate
                1. The Shield
                2. Cops
                3. Law and Order

Movies
                1. Training Day
                2. Police Academy
                3. Super Troopers
                4. Bad Boys
                5. Die Hard

I was wondering when someone would say Super Troopers. I LOVE THAT MOVIE!!! "Do I LOOK like a cat to you, boy?! Do I look like I go all nimbly pimbly from tree to tree?!" LOL
                Never argue with idiots - they just drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Chaos, Panic and Disorder....my work here is done!

As her tears fell at his feet, she didn't say "I Love You," what she said meant even more: I laugh, I love, I hope, I tried. I hurt, I need, I fear, I cry and I know you do the same things too. So we're really not that different, me and you.

Comment

Originally posted by SigCop
                  I mentioned it a few posts ago on this page.
                  I must have missed it. Sometimes when threads get really long I skim so I miss a lot.

I wish they would re-run that movie. I was pretty young when I saw it and would love to see it again.

I looked it up and the original version came out in 1973 when I was nineteen.
                  Last edited by Melinda in TN; 02-27-2007, 05:50 PM.

Fred Thompson

Comment

Best show= Homicide Life on the Street.

Best Movie= The Departed
                    Two people can keep a secret if one of them is dead.

Comment

Reno 911...........
                      "In a bacon-and-egg breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed." - Brian Billick

Be that pig.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Wiggum

Best Movie= The Departed

+1............................................

I am going to rent it this weekend.
                        "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

*UPDATED* Visited: 14 (Arizona Diamondbacks, L.A. Dodgers, L.A. Angels, S.D. Padres,Atlanta Braves, Tampa Bay Rays, Florida Marlins, N.Y. Yankees, N.Y. Mets, Boston Red Soxs, Washington Nationals,Seattle Mariners,Oakland A's and the S.F. Giants.)
                        Not Yet Visited: 16
                        Baseball Hall of Fame- Visited

Comment

Police Story on DVD

Police Story on NBC was the best police TV show of all time! Sony owns the rights and is considering putting it out on DVD. There is a site to vote on it and it is losing badly to six other shows, some of which I have never heard. Please go to [URL=http://www.sonypictures.com/homevideo/tvondvd] and vote for it! You can vote every day. Please spread the word so this great show can be available on DVD. (This is not the Jackie Chan movie)

Keep up the good work!

Comment

Best Movie= The Departed
                            DITTO- Homicide L.O.T.S-blew that cheesy NYPD-Blue away anyday.

Best movie??? "copland" punches holes in "the departed",although ,the departed has alot of intensity.
                            My list -
                            1) "to live and die in L.A. "-Wm Peterson kicked butt
                            2) "L.A. Confidential"( they were supposed to make a mini drama of the story on NBC)
                            3)"Cop"- James Woods on the edge
                            4)"the choir boys"-notice anything? if its "coppers" its got to be so.Cal
                            5)"the french connection"-put hardcore police work on the cinema map
                            6) "New Centurions"-Geo C.Scott ,brings Stacy Keach into the "real world", and Erik Estrada plays a REAL cop-not that hokey "ponch" of CHiPs
                            7) "Seven"-Spacey/Pitt/Freeman-nuff'said
                            8)" Internal Affairs"- P-3 Dennis Peck(Richard Geer)-i've sen those "eyes" before around certain stations -makes you wonder
                            9) "Narc"-should be near the top,but the theme was explored in "cop" and to 2 live and die in L.A.
                            10)Last but not least - "dirty harry"-the one man who would NOT take it anymore......

The runner up for TV police drama ? Law and Order and the "Shield" -disimilar,but both great
                            "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

Best Movie= The Departed
                              DITTO- Homicide L.O.T.S-blew that cheesy NYPD-Blue away anyday.

Best movie??? "copland" punches holes in "the departed",although ,the departed has alot of intensity.
                              My list -
                              1) "to live and die in L.A. "-Wm Peterson kicked butt
                              2) "L.A. Confidential"( they were supposed to make a mini drama of the story on NBC)
                              3)"Cop"- James Woods on the edge
                              4)"the choir boys"-notice anything? if its "coppers" its got to be so.Cal
                              5)"the french connection"-put hardcore police work on the cinema map
                              6) "New Centurions"-Geo C.Scott ,brings Stacy Keach into the "real world", and Erik Estrada plays a REAL cop-not that hokey "ponch" of CHiPs
                              7) "Seven"-Spacey/Pitt/Freeman-nuff'said
                              8)" Internal Affairs"- P-3 Dennis Peck(Richard Geer)-i've sen those "eyes" before around certain stations -makes you wonder
                              9) "Narc"-should be near the top,but the theme was explored in "cop" and to 2 live and die in L.A.
                              10)Last but not least - "dirty harry"-the one man who would NOT take it anymore......

The runner up for TV police drama ? Law and Order and the "Shield" -disimilar,but both great
                              "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

Best TV Shows (no particular order):
                                1. Third Watch
                                2. The Shield
                                3. Boomtown
                                4. Dragnet (the original of course, not the late 90's-early 00's remake)
                                5. The Wire
                                6. The First 48
                                7. 10-8 (during its short-lived run)
                                8. Hill St. Blues
                                9. Law & Order (I'm partial to SVU)
                                10. NYPD Blue
                                Best Movies (no particular order):
                                1. The Onion Field
                                2. The Untouchables
                                3. Bad Boys
                                4. The Departed
                                5. Narc
                                6. Training Day
                                7. Die Hard movies
                                8. Dirty Harry Movies
                                9. Colors
                                10. Super Troopers
                                Those who stand for nothing often fall for anything.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5450 users online. 353 members and 5097 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X