300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wwf

The world of pro wrestling seemed to have peaked in the early 90's. It use to be on tv every night. You had WWF, WCW, ECM, AWA, NWA and so on. It got so out of control until buying-out started to take place. I'm no wrestling freak however I use to like watching it once in a while. I curious to know whawt everyone else thinks, will wrestling ever be popular again, or is it dead? Recently the WWF became the WWE, maybe someone can explain this too!

Well, you know something brother???? The WWF became the WWE a few years back due to a long legal battle with the World Widelife Fund. The WWF, as a company, has been around longer, but back in the day they were the WWWF, the WorldWide Wrestling Federation. The World Wildlife Fund has used the initials WWF longer.

IMHO, the future is pretty bleak for pro wrestling unless another group like NWA-TNA can step up and be a legitimate #2 organization. They did sign a deal with SpikeTV which starts in October. (Saturday nights at 10) The WWE will be going back to the USA network.

How would the pizza industry be if all of the other chains closed except for Papa John's? People would get sick of the same old, same old, and not eat pizza. The same thing is happening with wrestling. BROTHER!
    "I assume you all have guns and crack."

Comment

vince is a freaking smart lil man... what other show do you know that has pulled in the same number of viewers twice a week for over 20 years???

for me watching wrestling ended when HBK was injured, jsut started watching again since he came back but it'll never be the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Badgerland
        Well, you know something brother???? The WWF became the WWE a few years back due to a long legal battle with the World Widelife Fund. The WWF, as a company, has been around longer, but back in the day they were the WWWF, the WorldWide Wrestling Federation. The World Wildlife Fund has used the initials WWF longer.

IMHO, the future is pretty bleak for pro wrestling unless another group like NWA-TNA can step up and be a legitimate #2 organization. They did sign a deal with SpikeTV which starts in October. (Saturday nights at 10) The WWE will be going back to the USA network.

How would the pizza industry be if all of the other chains closed except for Papa John's? People would get sick of the same old, same old, and not eat pizza. The same thing is happening with wrestling. BROTHER!
        What exactly happened to the world wildlife fund and the wwe? Was there a law suit? What did the wrestling organization do to cover it up. I'm sure they had some mock storyline.

Comment

The only reason I ever watched was to see the rock speak. He was a riot, and would always have me rolling on the floor. When he was done, I was done.

Oh, and the chicks too, of coarse.
          A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.

-GK Chesterton

Comment

Originally posted by LT. EXPLORER
            What exactly happened to the world wildlife fund and the wwe? Was there a law suit? What did the wrestling organization do to cover it up. I'm sure they had some mock storyline.
            There was a lawsuit to fight the use of the intials WWF, after a quite lengthy legal battle the World Wildlife Fund won and also, they tried to make the WWE pay taxes cause they were a "sport" thus they changed to World Wrestling Entertainment, so they wouldnt have to pay some sort of tax like pro teams or the use of the staduims, not too sure about it, but thats how it came to WWE,
            Those that do evil to innocent people,The Robbers, Murderers, Rapists, Pimps, Prostitutes, The Simps, Sadists, Sinners, You will come to know me well, I am The Punisher.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawdogg
              There was a lawsuit to fight the use of the intials WWF, after a quite lengthy legal battle the World Wildlife Fund won and also, they tried to make the WWE pay taxes cause they were a "sport" thus they changed to World Wrestling Entertainment, so they wouldnt have to pay some sort of tax like pro teams or the use of the staduims, not too sure about it, but thats how it came to WWE,

Thanks for clearing that up!
              A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.

-GK Chesterton

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3859 users online. 210 members and 3649 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X