300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rescue Me

OK since this is a tv thread how about Rescue ME.? I think its got some of the greatest comedic writing of any modenr show. I mean NYPD Blue was great in the day, 1995 96, Homicide is still my favorite but as far as comedies go, Rescue Me is one of the greatest. It gets better every week.
    Just my opinion...
    I got nothing for now

I agree. Great show. I'm rewatching season one on DVD now, while catching season two. I like how things a swinging back to the good for Tommy, with the wife and kids back. I think its all gonna come crashing down soon. We shall see.
    "I only had a couple!"

Comment

oh my god i love this show, but haven't watched any of the 2nd season because it is not on in Canada yet, so no one ruin it for me....

Comment

It is good. When does third watch come back on?
        South Bloomfield Police Department
        K9 Unit

American Working Dog Council

Comment

Originally posted by K9 Gunner
          It is good. When does third watch come back on?
          It won't be, the series was cancelled last season.

Comment

I like this show, too, but it is like watching a train wreck. The comedy is pretty subtle and you can't look away for a minute and expect to keep up.
            Do you realize that in about 40 years, we'll have thousands of old ladies running around with tattoos?
            --------------------------------------------------
            Common sense... the LEAST COMMON of all of the senses.
            --------------------------------------------------
            Why are hemorrhoids called "hemorrhoids" instead of "assteroids"?

Comment

Great show even if it is about smoke eaters.

I just wish Leary could have taken is old ABC cop show "The Job" to cable...that would have kicked ***.
              Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Comment

...I just never liked Denis Leary. Some of his stand up is okay, but he annoys me as an actor.

Comment

Originally posted by Praetorian
                  ...I just never liked Denis Leary. Some of his stand up is okay, but he annoys me as an actor.
                  William "TJ Hooker" Shatner fan, huh?
                  Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Comment

Funny thing in my opinion. I saw a Leary stand up act on cable few weeks ago. Wasnt that funny, brutal and vulgar as crapola but not suoer funny. The show is great, yes The Job woulda been hilarious. What happened to Lenny whats his last name.? Did he balloon up or what.?
                    I got nothing for now

Comment

Originally posted by BrickCop
                      William "TJ Hooker" Shatner fan, huh?

I like Shatner's newer work, where he usually plays an idiot. Fitting as an actor, I think.

I like Leary's old standup. Especially his songs like "I'm an *******".

Comment

There is some great, dry and subtle humor in Rescue Me but overall it's very dark. Not that that's a bad thing, I actually like dark shows. Overall a great program.
                        In God we trust, all others are run MILES and NCIC.

Comment

Ok I love Rescue Me. Its been keeping me on the edge since the first season. I just love how raw it is.
                          I've got friends in low places

Comment

I just discovered the series on DVD while I was in the desert. I love Dennis Leary anyway and Jack McGee is always cool. Great show, dark enough to be disturbing on occassion, but not so dark as to be unwatchable. Season 2 needs to hit DVD NOW.
                            "The world isn't as it should be. It's harsh. And it's cruel. That's why there's us. Champions. We live as if the world were as it should be, to show it what it can be."-Angel Season 4

Comment

Why did they ahve to kill his kid off.. I mean he got enough trauma and I guess someone is leaving the show. Maybe the wife, HOTTY, maybe his cousins widow, from HOMICIDE Callie Thorne. Maybe the kid who died is gonna get a better show?
                              Still a great season and hope it lasts a few more years.
                              I got nothing for now

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4999 users online. 265 members and 4734 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X