300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Bloods

No one likes this show? Im Netflixing it and it is quite entertaining.

I've tried watching it a few times because I like the actors.....but am quick to bypass it nowadays. If every cop in the country mistreated, verbal abused and acted like they do on that show, we'd be in a war with ourselves. I even get tired of the smart-mouthing they do among themselves.

Pretty sad portrayal of law enforcement officers.
    If your biggest work-related fear is getting a paper cut, don't try and tell a cop how to do his job.

Comment

Can't stand it, and I am a Tom Selleck fan.

Comment

I watch it. It's good tv. Some serious conflicts of interest though.
        semper destravit

Comment

I watch it and usually like it. I've been a Tom Selleck fan since he was in "Coma"......now that was some powerful acting......

Comment

Originally posted by TheSlammer View Post
            No one likes this show? Im Netflixing it and it is quite entertaining.

I love it, it is one of the very, very few shows I watch other than sports. Very well written and the acting is fantastic. It is meant to entertain and when a person can get over the fact that it bears little resemblance to reality, it does just that.

Comment

I watched the first episode. As soon as the main character appeared as the NYC Police Commissioner wearing a uniform I lost interest.

Comment

What is the probability of a commissioner’s son with the uppermost premier hook pushing a marked unit as uniformed patrol officer? Like any other cop show, it’s entertainment.

Comment

Originally posted by BNWS View Post
                  I watched the first episode. As soon as the main character appeared as the NYC Police Commissioner wearing a uniform I lost interest.
                  Can't the PC wear a uniform if they rose up through the ranks of the PD?
                  Originally posted by RSGSRT
                  We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
                  Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

One of my favorite TV shows. It's very entertaining and interesting to watch, as long as we realize it's just that, a TV show. I really liked Southland (which was about my department) and noticed that it also had stuff in there that wasn't reality based but still enjoyed watching it.

Unfortunately, the general public thinks that the stuff on shows like that believe the bad stuff is true when we on the inside all know it isn't. That's the bad thing about those types of shows, they perpetuate the wrong ideas people have about us.

Comment

I tried watching the show. It was completely ridiculous, kind of like every other cop show.

What do we see that just doesn't fit reality.

-Police playing fast and loose with the rules in terms of searches, seizures, excessive force, and other civil rights
                      -Police put in ridiculous situations that have absolutely nothing in common with day to day police work
                      -Police having EVERY SUNDAY NIGHT OFF so they can eat dinner as a family.........lol
                      What is Perseverance?
                      -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                      -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                      -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

One thing is accurate. The Police commissioners son is a first grade detective because he earned it. LOL

Comment

I've watched it from season 2. I like it for the stories.
                          The fact that I am an Irish- American cop who grew up on Long Island just outside of NYC, and have a relative who was a commissioner and one who was a vice detective in the Bronx have anything to do with it??

Nawww.
                          SUPPORT COP RUN BUSINESSES!!
                          SUPPORT LEO BUSINESSES!

In 2017, the sales of my LEO related decals allowed me to donate over $350. to LE/ Military related charities... THANK YOU!!! Check them out HERE...

Comment

My mother likes this show, I haven't seen it yet, catching up on Criminal Minds
                            Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
                            USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
                            "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
                            Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3976 users online. 234 members and 3742 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X