Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Robin Williams has died

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/11/showbi...html?hpt=hp_t1

This man was a genius and a master. Such a loss.

Good guy. Funny guy. Down to earth. Generous to charities. RIP. Too bad he couldn't beat his demons.
    September 11, 2001 - All gave some, some gave all. Never forget -- Never forgive.......... RIP Brothers and Sisters.

Comment

Good, extremely talented man.

RIP
      I’ll die with blue in my veins.

Comment

RIP Robin, you'll be missed. He was a good man, frequently visited us troops overseas on MWR functions. Always knew how to brighten someones day.
        "Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight."

Sergeant, U.S. Army - 2010 to Present.

Comment

Coroner investigators suspect "the death to be a suicide due to asphyxia," according to a statement from the Marin County, California, Sheriff's office.
          Sigh... what a shame, I liked him a lot too!
          The root cause of death is drug and alcohol addiction leading to depression, the end result is what happened.
          Could never figure what the attraction for that stuff is, my late fatehr owned TWO bars in NYC in the 70s and 80s and I had the keys to the place, but I never once had any desire to go drinking the stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Sculptor View Post
            The root cause of death is drug and alcohol addiction leading to depression, the end result is what happened.
            Could never figure what the attraction for that stuff is, my late fatehr owned TWO bars in NYC in the 70s and 80s and I had the keys to the place, but I never once had any desire to go drinking the stuff.
            Seems to take many of the great ones, doesn't it?
            "Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight."

Sergeant, U.S. Army - 2010 to Present.

Comment

Breaks my heart... He was one of my favorite actors. I've always loved him and Mel Gibson

Comment

I grew up admiring him, definitely contributed to my love of comedy. all I hope is that he, George Carlin, John Belushi, Richard Pryor, Lenny Bruce and Mitch Hedberg are hanging together up there.

Comment

Originally posted by Vikingr View Post
                  Seems to take many of the great ones, doesn't it?
                  Yes it does, alcohol and drug abuse/addiction problems appear to be very high among Hollywood celebrities,
                  along with depression and suicides too.

I remember reading about the actor David Rappaport who I knew of from watching "The Wizard, " he was a dwarf, battling various things, including depression he was found in his car in the garage but rescued, not very long afterwards- a couple of months maybe- his body was found in Laurel Canyon Park where he killed himself with a firearm.

So they rescued him and supposedly he was in treatment/counceling but in the end he didn't want to be here any longer.

Comment

I believe he was bipolar or had another mental disease. Many great comedians are actually depressed or bipolar, and turn to comedy as a way to cope and overcome the demons.

RIP Robin Williams.

Nanu Nanu
                    I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudy8116 View Post
                      I believe he was bipolar or had another mental disease. Many great comedians are actually depressed or bipolar, and turn to comedy as a way to cope and overcome the demons.

RIP Robin Williams.

Nanu Nanu

He was the person who knows how to use outspoken character to make everyone laugh. He might had bipolar or mental disease but at least he had them under control and did not let the demon take over him....

Comment

Originally posted by Sculptor View Post
                        Actually, the depression could have been the root cause and the drugs and alcohol are a way to self medicate. Just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by SkyBehind View Post
                          Actually, the depression could have been the root cause and the drugs and alcohol are a way to self medicate. Just saying.
                          Yeah could be, more details have come out which add to the picture, especially the depression aspect. The thing is from what I read Robin and his wife slept in separate bedrooms which seems odd to me to begin with, she went to bed at 10:30 PM and the next day she left the house at 10:30 AM and thought Robin was still sleeping, at 10:30 AM??
                          I get the feeling like the marriage was on the rocks too.

If you look up the house address 95 St Thomas Way, Tiburon, Ca you can see it was not a mansion, certainly not showy excess, but it's a 6 bedroom prime waterfront property worth $4 million, the house was sold in Dec 2008 so Williams would certainly have had a mortgage and the monthly estimate for that on homes.com is $15,000 a month, the RE taxes are $3,450 a month, add in insurance and utilities and it's over $20,000 a month, this month and every month.

Add that to this and the puzzle starts to come together:

Actor had 'serious money troubles' after $30million divorce bills and was 'depressed' his TV show had been axed

A source told how Williams had 'serious money troubles' and was left racked with depression after his CBS show, The Crazy Ones, was axed in May

Just weeks later he went back to rehab for a 'fine-tune' after a decades-long battle with alcohol and drug addiction

His Napa Valley ranch - nicknamed Villa of Smiles - is still on the market for $29.9 million two years after the Oscar winner tried to sell it for $35 million. He said he couldn't afford it anymore
                          The ranch he referred to was the 640-acre Napa Valley property that he originally quietly listed in 2012 for $35 million, but was officially put up for sale in April this year for $29.9 million.

Williams was forced to pay out $30 million in divorce settlements to his two former wives

Williams talked about needing taking jobs for the money and reportedly told a friend he had 'serious money troubles'
                          http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...g-himself.html

Comment

Heads up I guess, the latest dumb stunt by this "non profit" "church" supported by our tax dollars, absolutely disgusting:

Westboro Baptist Church, infamous for its protests against everything from military funerals to a vigil held for Sandy Hook victims, now says it plans to picket the funeral of Robin Williams. His “sin”? Playing a gay man in The Birdcage and the role of a man pretending to be a woman in Mrs. Doubtfire.

In spite of the family’s request for privacy, the anti-gay church, known for its ‘-------’ banners, announced plans to picket the funeral after labeling Williams a “---- Pimp.”

As reported by The Huffington Post, Planting Peace a nonprofit organization founded in 2004, plans to challenge WBC’s protest with a fundraiser. Aaron Jackson, co-founder of the organization:
                            “Robin Williams played many different roles in so many people’s lives, and giving back to others was at the top of that list. His appeal crossed generational boundaries.

When the WBC announced they were protesting Robin’s funeral, we felt like launching a fundraiser for a charity Robin loved would be the perfect way to honor him and counteract the message of hate and intolerance that the WBC continues to convey.”

Comment

RIP Robin Williams.
                              Issuing apartments in Belgrade at very reasonable prices. Visit http://www.beostan.co.rs and enjoy modern apartments in Belgrade.
                              If Want to rent a car in Belgrade, visit Stars or http://www.beograd-renta-car.com

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6736 users online. 349 members and 6387 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X