Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A&E's Storage Wars...is it the real deal?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A&E's Storage Wars...is it the real deal?

So tonight's episode features retired LAPD Commander & SBSO Undersheriff Keith Bushey...I guess there will probably be some LAPD artifact found.

But I've been thinking even prior to learning about his appearance on the episode, I'm past buying that the series "stars" (Dave, Darrell, Barry, Jarrod & Brandy...who I think is easy on my eyes, but I like them kind of trashy, sometimes, but that's a story for another time...) are no longer "playing with their own money."

By now, aren't they bidding on the lockers with A&E's money?

Also, I just can't get past the suspicion that some items are planted to make their purchased lockers more interesting.

This crew just seems TOO, TOO, lucky.

Your thoughts?
    "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Originally posted by Kieth M. View Post
    & Brandy...who I think is easy on my eyes
    Yes, so what was the question again....????

I agree I think it's fake or at the very least "rigged."
    I did find this, which makes it seem like it's at least half-real, aka rigged.
    http://teagueandjakelle.blogspot.com...ar-struck.html
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Ninja Bunny.
    (")_(")
    Copy and paste Bunny into your
    signature to help him gain world domination

Comment

What, did they find a bunch of badges and sell them to Bushey?

I walked into the Rags to Riches store about 8 months before the series came on TV, After looking at their inventory my first impression was that they were fencing stuff from local burglaries. It was only after the show aired that I realized it came from storage lockers.
      Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Check out this video of some people who caught a shot of the storage unit being in different condition.. it is a youtube video and does contain some profanity so consider yourself warned...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_UdByZ7Tic

It seems the show is nothing but a act put on by Dan Dotson (the fast talking auctioneer).. evidently, he's been big in the business for awhile. It seems the REAL auction buyers have been pretty upset and vocal about how this show has ruined the business for them because now everyone is jacking the prices up at auction trying to land some 'treasure'.

I too have enjoyed the show, but after some debate with family, I spent awhile researching this.

The most obvious BS about the show is the suggested value they give the items. Take note of some items that can easily be researched and you will see they are not worth what they say.

There's still something about that young little wifey that makes me wanna tap it.

Comment

Originally posted by L-1 View Post
          What, did they find a bunch of badges and sell them to Bushey?
          Haven't seen it yet. I was alerted via secret LAPD retiree blog...can't say anything more, or Blue Thunder will circle the house.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

"Reality Shows" aren't about reality at all.

On a side note, I guess in MN you can't even open the locker to buy it. You just have to buy it. lol.

Comment

I'd hit Brandy off!
              " The Beatings will continue until Morale Improves "

Comment

Kieth,

I fell asleep during the second part of the second episode, but I didn't see Bushey anywhere in either episode. Was he just a face in the background that I missed, did I sleep through his segment, or was he on Auction Hunters instead?
                Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

From my impression Storage Wars is legit, albeit much like COPS in which they film 100s of hours to get a few gems for the air. A few parrot shows are alleged to be completely contrived and staged; which a few minutes of watching will reveal. Same goes for a few other “reality” shows of late. They are going on the premise that while the actual events shown are recreated for dramatic purposes, they are reflections of actual events.

While I have no experience going to storage auctions, I have cleared out residences vacated during the hours of darkness and those secured by the Sheriff, and I can attest to the fact that no matter how much trash is piled up, there was almost always something of value (sometimes very valuable) stashed away somewhere. One case comes to mind where just as shown on the TV program, we pulled a framed picture off the wall and taped to the backside was several grand in cash.
                  Originally posted by SSD
                  It has long been the tradition on this forum and as well as professionally not to second guess or Monday morning QB the officer's who were actually on-scene and had to make the decision. That being said, I don't think that your discussion will go very far on this board.
                  Originally posted by Iowa #1603
                  And now you are arguing about not arguing..................

Comment

Originally posted by L-1 View Post
                    Kieth,

I fell asleep during the second part of the second episode, but I didn't see Bushey anywhere in either episode. Was he just a face in the background that I missed, did I sleep through his segment, or was he on Auction Hunters instead?
                    I had the same experience. No Bushey. It was his kid, Jake, who alerted the website. Guess, I'll find out some other time.

Comment

Was watching another one the other night(forget the name) and this team of 2 guys averaged 7k per locker profit,uncovering snowmobiles and a HOVERCRAFT,c'mon SOMEBODY had to know the owners/renters had this stuff there.In their defense I heard one mention that 80% of their buys or a bust.
                      Sleeping Giant. They're not fat and happy anymore. They are hungry and increasingly angry. That is not a good recipe for a "Puppies and Rainbows America".

Comment

I think the show is 50/50. Alot of it is bs but there are units out there that people find treasures. There was a article like a year or 2 ago about a guy who did a bid on a couple of cargo containers and ended up with like 2million dollars worth of stuff in it. It had a couple of exotic cars and some exotic car parts. So if thats possible i dont doubt that someone has struck it rich by doing this. But its probally 1 in a million and the average person at best may break even.
                        Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Originally posted by mavriktu View Post
                          Was watching another one the other night(forget the name) and this team of 2 guys averaged 7k per locker profit,uncovering snowmobiles and a HOVERCRAFT,c'mon SOMEBODY had to know the owners/renters had this stuff there.In their defense I heard one mention that 80% of their buys or a bust.
                          I think it's SpikeTV that has "Auction Hunters," which I think is the one with the big guy with the tattooed head. Then I was channel-surfing recently, and ran across yet another one, but I don't remember where I saw it.
                          I hope there aren't going to be too many other networks jumping on the bandwagon. There could be Storage Hunters, Auction Wars . . .
                          --
                          Capital Punishment means never having to say "you again?"

Comment

This is my new obsession. I do take all reality shows with a grain of salt, but from my overall impressions it seems like a legit show with legit stuff being bought and sold.

I have to say though I cannot stand the old guy Barry. He buys lockers just looking for that one big ticket item and throws out the rest while my beautiful Brandi just has to sit and watch and wonder what could of been.

Jarrod is out kicking his coverage with that one for sure.
                            This show is awesome, wrapped in supercool and smothered in bitchin. The only way it could be cooler is if he was riding a unicorn or something.

M-11

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6734 users online. 350 members and 6384 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                            X