300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old School Batman...

I grew up with Comic Books. and M-11 Jr is really into Batman/green lantern right now (I actually learned how to read with comic books)

I never got to watch the old Adam West Batman as a kid, but I have been watching it in the morning with Jr.

This show is freaking hilarious. There is so much adult humor and just plain entertaining stuff on it.

I had no Idea Burgess merideth was the penguin.

Joker has a painted white mustache

Catwoman and batgirl are actually kind of hot (probably pushing 80 now)

This is great.

M-11
    “All men dream...... But not equally..
    Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
    but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
    for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

I love Batman the Animated series the best...To be honest, I can't get with the new Batman...The Joker, one of my favorite characters ever, isn't the same...In the new Batman they made him all futuristic...They did a great job w/ the Joker and everything in Batman the Animated series...I remember sitting down every afternoon to this...

Oh and Robin in daisy dukes (short shorts), not a good look

sigpic

Comment

One of my fondest childhood memories was running home from kindergarten and plopping down in front of the TV at 4:30 pm on weekdays and eating a moon pie while drinking a pepsi shaking with excitement when the bat-mobile drove across the TV screen in the animated series. Cheering when Batman once again beat the bad guy and laughing when Clayface was the villain. He was on of my favorites.

Sheesh, I just realized that was almost 20 years ago. I'm feeling nostalgic.

Comment

Adam West Batman is so cheesy it's funny. I do like the old Batman. As for the Heath Ledger Joker, I loved it. I thought he nailed the dark, twisted character! I just can't stand the new movie Batman's exaggerated deep voice, it's annoying.

As for Robin's Daisy Dukes - It brings all the boys to the yard. Quit hatin'. lol

Comment

Originally posted by M-11 View Post
          I never got to watch the old Adam West Batman as a kid, but I have been watching it in the morning with Jr.

This show is freaking hilarious. There is so much adult humor and just plain entertaining stuff on it.
          If you like the campy 60's TV show you'll love the 1966 Batman movie with Adam West: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060153/

The scene where Batman is running around with an Acme-style fuse bomb is hysterical! And who could forget the handy Bat-Shark Repellant scene?
          sigpic

Comment

I grew up with Comic Books. and M-11 Jr is really into Batman/green lantern right now (I actually learned how to read with comic books)

I had no Idea Burgess merideth was the penguin.

Joker has a painted white mustache

Catwoman and batgirl are actually kind of hot (probably pushing 80 now)

This is great.

M-11
            The kid brother (6 years old) of one of my friends (we were 8 years old by the end of the first season) had a desperate crush on Catwoman.

I would go to this friend's house after school just to watch Batman because my Mom thought it was junk and wouldn't let me watch it at home. But my friend's Mom thought it was funny. Besides my friend's family had a color TV and ours was B&W and put away in a cabinet most of the time.

I liked Batgirl. Yvonne Craig hot ? Decide for thyself:

Comment

Yes that show was truly the greatest ever. I love how you can see the Jokers mustache through the makeup. Everyone talks about how creepy it is.

Everything about that show is so classic. Robin is such a weirdo haha

Holy shredded cheese Batman!
              mixed martial arts

Comment

It is TRULY unfortunate that there are so many legal issues preventing the release of all three seasons of the show. I have a black market copy of the entire series, but the DVDs ended up not even working.

This series was what spawned my love for Batman. Even though I'm a young'n, I still remember growing up and watching the reruns on TV Land every day. I LOVED that show!!! That Batmobile will forever be my favorite. In fact, it is even getting its own ornament at Hallmark this year. The ornament plays the original theme song, too! I got to meet George Barris this summer and have him sign my replica of the Batmobile...it was all awesome until he hit on me...

I love my LMU Lions! We have a long way to go, but we're pulling through the muck and coming out alive!!!

Comment

"Who's baby are you?"

There are basically two kinds of people in this world. Those that believe in the moon landing and those that don't.
                  http://unistat76.blogspot.com/

Comment

LOL Batgirl was created FOR the TV show. All I need is Yvonne Craig's autograph on my Batmobile...I have it on a photo of her, though.

I've always wanted to get my hands on a replica of the original Batgirl costume. They're difficult to find, though.
                    I love my LMU Lions! We have a long way to go, but we're pulling through the muck and coming out alive!!!

Comment

I watched them all the time also...Bammm! LOL

World_So_Cold

Comment

I couldn't get into the show (unless of course Batgirl was on ...woohoo) I thought they were taking it all much too lightly, Batman was serious business! At least they didn't ruin Superman...

(...throws self on bed sobbing)

Comment

I've always wanted to get my hands on a replica of the original Batgirl costume. They're difficult to find, though.
                          I'd like you to get one too.

Post pictures.

M-11
                          “All men dream...... But not equally..
                          Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
                          but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
                          for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Comment

I'd like you to get one too.

Post pictures.

M-11
                            Haha, you beat me to it.

I was never really a fan of the 60's show (only saw the re-runs, of course). I'm like Jasper and think they didn't take the greatest superhero of all time serious enough. I was an animated series fanatic. I would be outside, playing with my friends, when I would realize it was almost time for the show and yell 'See you after Batman!' as I ran off.
                            Originally posted by Ceridwen
                            Just one would be stingy of me, I'd have to get two. For the children.

Comment

LOL @ M-11. If I ever get one, I'll post pictures. It might be a long while, though, as my costuming days like that are pretty much over...

Jasper - wasn't the original comic book series campy, too, though?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4278 users online. 199 members and 4079 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X