300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Show: Police POV

This is a new show coming out on TRUtv. Looks like they are using TASER's AXON headset cameras.

http://www.trutv.com/shows/police-pov/index.html

The problem with a show like this is even if you are seeing it "through the officer's eyes":

1.) You may miss cues that they pick up on.

2.) You aren't seeing it from the experience that that officer has, even other officers have different experiences.

And many other things.

Our department is talking about them someday. I wonder how many of these get accidentally dropped.

Good Lord, how much more crap could we possibly carry?
    Obedience to Law is Liberty.

Comment

While the show does look interesting, and I will watch it to learn things and not just the entertainment value, We've already had CSI screw up police work, now we are going to get even more who think they know how to do our job.
      I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

The problem with these shows is the editing that they have to do to make a half-hour of entertaining to watch TV.
        "All that is, ever
        Ever was, will be, ever
        Twisting, turning, through the never."--Metallica

Comment

It's on tonite at 9pm Central, I'm gonna have my brother tape it.

Comment

What is this thing called "tape"?

We DVR things, even way up here in Alaska.....lol
            "All that is, ever
            Ever was, will be, ever
            Twisting, turning, through the never."--Metallica

Comment

I watched it and took it for what it was- Entertainment. I don't know the camera then the POV and camera got to me after awhile.

All in all it was OK in my opinion. Nothing to write home about but it entertained me..
              MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by fishAK View Post
                What is this thing called "tape"?

We DVR things, even way up here in Alaska.....lol

lol. I meant tape on dvd. I wish I had a DVR though.

Our squads still use tape and we are a large city. Just recently we got a few squads equipped with digitals.

Comment

WOWWWWWWWWW it'd be so much cheaper if they just sent out a camera crew for a couple ride alongs. That's the dumbest police-knockoff show I've ever seen.

Comment

I think it would have been better if the entire show was through the officer's camera and not just bits and pieces. It made me dizzy after a few minutes of the camera switching back and forth. Also, I can't stand when cop shows put in the cheesy radio sounds and fake dispatcher. If you noticed, it was the same dispatched for Cleveland PD as it was for a PD in Arkansas. Overall it's kind of a cheesy knockoff.
                    Everybody counts or no one counts.
                    -Harry Bosch

Some of you may remember that in my early days I was sort of a bleeding heart liberal. Then I became a man and put away childish things.
                    -Ronald Reagan

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5065 users online. 304 members and 4761 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X