300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hanna

Don't bother to waste your money, a horrible loud movie.......
    Retired LASD

Care to expound? I was thinking about checking this one out... trailer seemed pretty good.
    I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.
    - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by ArmyDiver View Post
      Care to expound? I was thinking about checking this one out... trailer seemed pretty good.
      The movie makes no sense at all, its all a European movie,, The soundtrack is so loud in many scenes... The girl is a test tube baby trained to be a assassin by her father.. The movie jumps around so much its impossible to figure out whats
      going on or what the plot is...Listening to many others, they said it was a waste of money....
      Retired LASD

Comment

I liked it a lot.

Replace Jason Borne with a 16 year old girl.

She’s the product of a terminated experiment (when she was 2) to enhance DNA to add strength, agility and remove empathy and fear.

It’s as believable as any plot out there.

She’s not hot, and she’s not macho, and most might not catch the Grimm undertones (while not entirely clever might be missed entirely if one isn’t familiar).

I liked how her strength and skilled was immediately conveyed by her bringing down a caribou with a bow, and dragging it back to the cabin herself in the snow. Most America movies would have that strength being conveyed by her defending herself from gang bangers trying to rape her.

But I’m reading as here, and other reviews most don’t like it.

I’m the odd man out.

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws."
        - Cornelius Tacitus

Comment

Sounds like I'd like it, then. When the masses don't, I often do.

Matinee or full-price worthy?
          "All that is, ever
          Ever was, will be, ever
          Twisting, turning, through the never."--Metallica

Comment

Most of the reviews I've read touch on the Grimm influences, and were all positive.
            Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SCV-Sop View Post
              I’m the odd man out.
              No at all. While it is a European movie, my wife and I both liked it. I won't give away any spoilers but I liked how the movie was put together, especially the first half of it. I also can't recall a movie with Eric Banna in it that I didn't like, but then again I've avoided the rom-coms he's done.

"The things that will destroy America are prosperity at any price, peace at any price, safety first instead of duty first, the love of soft living and the get rich quick theory of life." - Teddy Roosevelt

Disclaimer: The opinions I express here are mine and mine alone. They are not intended to reflect the positions/opinions of any other known person(s) or organization(s).

Comment

I liked it a lot.

She’s the product of a terminated experiment (when she was 2) to enhance DNA to add strength, agility and remove empathy and fear.

She’s not hot, and she’s not macho, and most might not catch the Grimm undertones (while not entirely clever might be missed entirely if one isn’t familiar).

I liked how her strength and skilled was immediately conveyed by her bringing down a caribou with a bow, and dragging it back to the cabin herself in the snow. Most America movies would have that strength being conveyed by her defending herself from gang bangers trying to rape her.

I’m the odd man out.
                that's encouraging. i'm become disenchanted with Hollywood fare these past several years. very little is innovative or creative. Avatar was just special effects wrapped around Pocahontas. i'm finding european and asian story development more challenging and engaging.

Comment

I liked it a lot.

I’m the odd man out.
                  My wife and I went and saw it last night, and we both enjoyed it.

While not for everyone, I kind of like the rough-shod, gritty way European movies are put together. There's also some unexpected humor in it, and the bad guys were all equally creepy and gross without them having to show us in too much detail just how disgusting they are. Some things are better left to the imagination, and this movie let your mind fill in obvious blanks.

The end tied into the beginning, bringing the movie to a full circle, but it was still a bit shocking in the way the director's did it. I can't say more than that without giving too much away.

Overall, definitely worth seeing.
                  "All that is, ever
                  Ever was, will be, ever
                  Twisting, turning, through the never."--Metallica

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2991 users online. 174 members and 2817 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X