300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backdraft

I know its an old flick but its a great one from back in the day.

http://movieclips.com/6txm2-backdraf...ts-my-brother/
    Life is what you make of it

I have watched it a couple times. Good movie. I thought it was very corny but it was worth watching.
    Prov 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Comment

Yes I run into flashover conditions with no mask, our coat open, and run out carrying a kid and my undershirt isn't the slightest bit dirty because dammit I am Kurt friggin Russell. Good movie if you can look past the huge errors in it. Good PR for the fire service though.

Comment

Originally posted by BORSTARSDbuff View Post
        Yes I run into flashover conditions with no mask, our coat open, and run out carrying a kid and my undershirt isn't the slightest bit dirty because dammit I am Kurt friggin Russell. Good movie if you can look past the huge errors in it. Good PR for the fire service though.
        Yeah, but Russell's character is portrayed to be reckless and was criticized by Adcox who thought he was a lose cannon sometimes.

Comment

Hey it's the movies. Can't tell you how many tv cop shows and movies are corny.....drama for the John Q Citizen audience..but not even close to being right!
          This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

I liked "Ladder 49" with Joaquin Phoenix more than "Backdraft". He was also in "We Own the Night" -cop movie- which I also thought was good.

World_So_Cold

Comment

I liked how the investigator botched Ronald's parole hearing.

Comment

Backdraft is one of those movies that was AWESOME in 1991, but is corny in 2011. Just like Top Gun was the most bad-*** thing EVER in 1986, but is the subject of many "it's the gayz" YouTube videos today.

That said, I still love both. They were great movies from my childhood.
                "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence to those who would do us harm." - George Orwell, April 4, 1942

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2811 users online. 161 members and 2650 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X