300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Netflix on ps3 / xbox

I'm thinking about jumping on the Netflix bandwagon. Anyone here using their ps3 or xbox to stream the movies, instead of getting the cds in the mail every month? Opinions on the service? Thanks.
    Look sharp, act sharp, be sharp.

I get instant stream on my PS3.. It works amazing, I dont have cable so i watch it all the time. Lots and lots of movies and shows and good streaming...

Comment

I use it on our Xbox a lot. Great for kids shows, cartoons, things like that. Quality is great, but we have a 12mb connection, so I'm sure that helps. Not enough new and popular movies on it, though, in my opinion. There a lot of classics from the 80's that you just can't get through the streaming option, which is annoying. But, for $8/month or whatever it is for unlimited use, we get our money's worth every month.
      "All that is, ever
      Ever was, will be, ever
      Twisting, turning, through the never."--Metallica

Comment

Got it on PS3. Nice feature, but not the kind of selection the Sarge would like to see for the money paid every month.
        NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

We have it via xBox 360 and really like it. Still have the DVD feature, since instant is somewhat limited.

Comment

I stream Netflix on the Wii and my computer. Works ok, but better to have a wired connection to minimize loss of video quality. I still get the DVDs' from them since not everything is available for streaming.
            Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

agreed with reiland
              dubbed code name: Alien #69

Comment

Netflix is the best thing for a schlep like me, I can never remember to return the darn movies to the store (are they even still around?), so for eight bucks a month I can have the darn thing until I throw it into the mail box. Now then I also do the streaming thing on the X box, it is great for the kids, but somewhat sucks as the selection is limited, they do need more before I would give up the DVD aspect of it. I do have the added advantage of having one of the distribution centers just on the other side of town, if I play it just right, I can toss the DVD in the mail box at the post office, and get one the same day. Timing is everything on that.
                It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

Before you get Netflix you should look to see if they have movies that you would enjoy to watch. I was not disappointed with netflix but I was let down because I thought they would have a better selection, but a lot of movies you wouldn't pay to see you can watch and actually find out you enjoyed them.

Comment

Thanks for the input everyone.
                    Look sharp, act sharp, be sharp.

Comment

I think I pay 12 bucks a month for instant stream and two DVD's out at a time. Overall I think it is a great service, instant stream selection for movies is limited, but it is great for catching up on past seasons of TV shows you may have missed.

If all content, new release movies included, was available for instant stream I would gladly pay 20-25 dollars a month for this service.
                      This show is awesome, wrapped in supercool and smothered in bitchin. The only way it could be cooler is if he was riding a unicorn or something.

M-11

Comment

I use netflix on my xbox. Works really good and its cheap. What i hate is that they also have a zune player and it has a larger and updated movie/tv show list which ofcourse you have to pay extra for.
                        NYPD Exam 1309 / XX of 1629 Eligible
                        APD 5 - Done
                        Medical -
                        Written Psych -
                        JST -
                        Oral Psych -
                        Background Check -
                        Mini Med -

NYPD Exam 2311(Back Up)
                        List # XXX of 2642 Eligible

FDNY Exam 2000

Comment

I have Netflix one DVD at a time and also streaming on my PS3 for $9/mo, I think. The streaming is pretty good. It doesn't have as broad a selection of new releases as the DVDs, but some cool stuff comes out now and then. The Other Guys just came available instantly. I think it's a great deal.
                          "No one can make you feel like a turd without your permission." - Eleanor Roosevelt.

Comment

He's aliiiiiiiiiiiiive!
                            NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

We have instant through the PS3 and DVD's coming through the mail. I love streaming! Lots of movies, but like said before, not too many are popular newer releases. Just do a free trial and see if you like it. Thats how we got hooked, free trial I mean.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6435 users online. 348 members and 6087 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X