300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Murf425 View Post
    I always forget that IMAX is still new to people. We have one at the Naval Air Museum, but it just shows documentaries, space stuff, etc...no "real" movies. I think that's part of why I'm not super-excited to see movies in IMAX; I've grown up seeing educational stuff on them, and it sorta feels like that's all they're supposed to be for.
    Actually, now that you mention it, I did see one in IMAX 3D: Walking With Dinosaurs or something like that at the Science Center in Seattle. It was pretty cool, but I can see what you mean if you've seen a bunch of documentary type stuff in that format.

I wasn't counting that as my first IMAX cinematic experience, though.
    "All that is, ever
    Ever was, will be, ever
    Twisting, turning, through the never."--Metallica

Comment

Am I the only one who's reminded a bit of Alice in Wonderland when you read the description that it's all in her head? I mean...she is blonde and all. Maybe it's just me.
      Press hard, you're making 4 copies.

Comment

I always forget that IMAX is still new to people. We have one at the Naval Air Museum, but it just shows documentaries, space stuff, etc...no "real" movies. I think that's part of why I'm not super-excited to see movies in IMAX; I've grown up seeing educational stuff on them, and it sorta feels like that's all they're supposed to be for.
        we have an Omni like that. iMax isn't the 180 degree hemisphere that the Omni is. we have at least 3 iMaxs in the area.

Comment

Movie theatre IMAX and museum IMAX are very different.

Movie theatre IMAX has about 100 speakers behind the screen, along with the surround sound.
          Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

Comment

Oh, and we are going Tuesday, since I work weekends. Tuesday is $1 popcorn day

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by willowdared View Post
              Oh, and we are going Tuesday, since I work weekends. Tuesday is $1 popcorn day
              large popcorn is like 12 dollars.
              Gotta catch em allll.........

Comment

Originally posted by SBSO_DISPATCHER View Post
                large popcorn is like 12 dollars.
                I have the Regal club card, so you get great coupons with your tickets (plus a free ticket for every 10, I think) Tuesday used to be a free small popcorn, now it's a dollar. For 50 cents more they make it a large, so it's a great deal!

My son and I go at least once a month, depends on what's out...we save IMAX for the big ones like Star Trek and Tron.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Code_Seven View Post
                  Am I the only one who's reminded a bit of Alice in Wonderland when you read the description that it's all in her head? I mean...she is blonde and all. Maybe it's just me.
                  That is what it's based off of.
                  We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions" -Ronald Reagan

Comment

Originally posted by willowdared View Post
                    I have the Regal club card, so you get great coupons with your tickets (plus a free ticket for every 10, I think) Tuesday used to be a free small popcorn, now it's a dollar. For 50 cents more they make it a large, so it's a great deal!

My son and I go at least once a month, depends on what's out...we save IMAX for the big ones like Star Trek and Tron.
                    Yup, that Regal card actually pays off when you take the whole family on a semi-regular basis.
                    "All that is, ever
                    Ever was, will be, ever

Comment

Originally posted by fishAK View Post
                      Yup, that Regal card actually pays off when you take the whole family on a semi-regular basis.
                      I have one but never use it.. idk why.

Comment

So, the movie was good. I don't even know how to describe it. Not exactly what I expected, but I don't mean that in a bad way.

It was a little confusing, so it'll hard to say much without spoiling something. In the end, I was even a little confused as to what exactly happened, because it goes in and out of fantasy pretty much all the way through. Reminded me of the end of Shutter Island, only in the sense that I was sitting there going, "What? What just happened?"

The action, what there was of it, and I will say there isn't as much as the previews would lead you to believe, was big, loud, crazy stuff...good fun, girls kickin' butt kind of stuff. The sound in the IMAX was astonishing in this movie. I'd say it's worth seeing in the theater just for the fight scenes. It is also cleaner than I expected, given the subject matter. There is no nudity, I don't even remember any cussing, but because of the intense subject matter and implied abuse I would not recommend taking any kids to this.
                        "All that is, ever
                        Ever was, will be, ever

Comment

Originally posted by fishAK View Post
                          So, the movie was good. I don't even know how to describe it. Not exactly what I expected, but I don't mean that in a bad way.

It was a little confusing, so it'll hard to say much without spoiling something. In the end, I was even a little confused as to what exactly happened, because it goes in and out of fantasy pretty much all the way through. Reminded me of the end of Shutter Island, only in the sense that I was sitting there going, "What? What just happened?"

The action, what there was of it, and I will say there isn't as much as the previews would lead you to believe, was big, loud, crazy stuff...good fun, girls kickin' butt kind of stuff. The sound in the IMAX was astonishing in this movie. I'd say it's worth seeing in the theater just for the fight scenes. It is also cleaner than I expected, given the subject matter. There is no nudity, I don't even remember any cussing, but because of the intense subject matter and implied abuse I would not recommend taking any kids to this.
                          Spoiler in white print please

Comment

It's hard to spoil when I'm not sure exactly what happened....lol. However, see below. SPOILER ALERT IN WHITE...don't highlight or quote this unless you want to find something out about the end of the movie:

The whole movie is based around Baby Doll, until the very end, where it's actually Sweet Pea that gets away from the sleazy bad guys by running off and hopping a bus. At least that's what we're led to believe, but then the bus driver turns out to be Scott Glenn's character, who up to that point only existed in Baby Doll's fantasy world as a sort of Sensei-type person. So, then you wonder if her escaping is a sub-level of the fantasy or if it actually happened.
                            "All that is, ever
                            Ever was, will be, ever

Comment

Yeah, I watched it last night and I still dunno what happened. Haha. It was a great movie though, on that I'm sure of.

By the way, fishAK, I have a semi-response to your spoiler alert in my own below this text.

Remember in the beginning when they were talking about the various shapes guardian angels could take? Scott Glenn's character was the guardian angel. The question I'm still wondering is, was he Baby Doll's or Sweet Pea's?
                              Press hard, you're making 4 copies.

Comment

Code Seven--that is the question, when you break it all down, isn't it? Still don't know...

Good flick, though!
                                "All that is, ever
                                Ever was, will be, ever

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5272 users online. 320 members and 4952 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X