Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sucker Punch

Anyone else excited about this movie?

I just got tickets to the IMAX opener...been looking forward to this for a while. Will post a review later.
    "All that is, ever
    Ever was, will be, ever
    Twisting, turning, through the never."--Metallica

I would like to see it at my local IMAX theater also. Hot chicks with guns....can't go wrong.
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions" -Ronald Reagan

Comment

I'll most likely go see it at our cheap theater, but I typically avoid action movies in IMAX. It's just too big, too bright, too loud...usually gives me a headache trying to take it all in.
      Lt. Col. Grace - "Lt. Murphey, why are you all dressed up to mack on the ladies?"
      Me - "Sir, you just answered your own question."

Comment

Big, bright, and loud are what this movie is about! I saw Watchment in iMax as well. Sucker Punch has some of the same contributors, so iMax sounds like a good idea.

Comment

We just recently got IMAX up here, and I've been saving up my first "experience" for a movie with all the action and noise that I thought would make it worth paying double for....lol.

I'm a fan of the director's other work (which include 300 and Watchmen), so I expect this to be a good, loud, outrageous movie. I may get a headache from it, so I want it to be worthwhile!

"300" in IMAX would have been amazing....
          "All that is, ever
          Ever was, will be, ever

Comment

I'd like to see how they tie in her being crazy and in a mental instution into the movie. are they gonna have a big action scene with her beating up 50 people and cut back to the institution and find out she was fighting pillows?
            Gotta catch em allll.........

Comment

Originally posted by SBSO_DISPATCHER View Post
              I'd like to see how they tie in her being crazy and in a mental instution into the movie. are they gonna have a big action scene with her beating up 50 people and cut back to the institution and find out she was fighting pillows?
              I'll let ya know in about 16 hours....

Or maybe not, since I don't want to spoil it. We'll see.
              "All that is, ever
              Ever was, will be, ever

Comment

Originally posted by fishAK View Post
                We just recently got IMAX up here, and I've been saving up my first "experience" for a movie with all the action and noise that I thought would make it worth paying double for....lol.

I'm a fan of the director's other work (which include 300 and Watchmen), so I expect this to be a good, loud, outrageous movie. I may get a headache from it, so I want it to be worthwhile!

"300" in IMAX would have been amazing....
                I fell asleep during 300.

iMax is about 3 times the cost of a matinee at the cinema grill (excluding drinks and food).

Comment

Originally posted by Bounce View Post
                  I fell asleep during 300.

iMax is about 3 times the cost of a matinee at the cinema grill (excluding drinks and food).
                  Wow. I could see falling asleep in the beginning, but after that, no way.

You either have cheaper matinees than we do or more expensive IMAX. Double a matinee+$2.00 here. Either way, I've yet to see an IMAX movie, so this is a first for me.
                  "All that is, ever
                  Ever was, will be, ever

Comment

If we go to the cinema grill, matinees are $4 for adults. Adult beverages and a meal jack that up significantly. IIRC iMax is about $17 each.

Comment

Ahh, yeah...that's a much cheaper matinee. We have one dinner theatre, but they only show re-run movies, things about to go to DVD, and indie flicks. And they don't have IMAX. The movies are just a few bucks for all shows, but if you eat anything you don't really save any money.
                      "All that is, ever
                      Ever was, will be, ever

Comment

I'll let ya know in about 16 hours....

Or maybe not, since I don't want to spoil it. We'll see.
                        I will see it either way.. so i want details... post it in white so i have to highlight it to see it.... so the people that dont want to know dont have to see it. like this Hello... how are you guys doing.. this is a secret message

Comment

Originally posted by SBSO_DISPATCHER View Post
                          I will see it either way.. so i want details... post it in white so i have to highlight it to see it.... so the people that dont want to know dont have to see it. like this Hello... how are you guys doing.. this is a secret message
                          Ok, I may include a few details that way with a disclaimer.
                          "All that is, ever
                          Ever was, will be, ever

Comment

Ok, I may include a few details that way with a disclaimer.
                            sounds good to me.

Comment

...I've yet to see an IMAX movie, so this is a first for me.
                              I always forget that IMAX is still new to people. We have one at the Naval Air Museum, but it just shows documentaries, space stuff, etc...no "real" movies. I think that's part of why I'm not super-excited to see movies in IMAX; I've grown up seeing educational stuff on them, and it sorta feels like that's all they're supposed to be for.
                              Lt. Col. Grace - "Lt. Murphey, why are you all dressed up to mack on the ladies?"
                              Me - "Sir, you just answered your own question."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6502 users online. 350 members and 6152 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X