300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Street Dogs of South Central

Its a documentary movie that is set to premiere on Animal Planet in January 2011. Its supposed to be about a mother that attempts to teach her pups how to survive the streets of South Central Los Angeles.

Check out the trailer:
    http://www.streetdogsmovie.com/trailer.html

Wow.

I can honestly say that I never, ever in a billion years would have come up with this as a documentary idea.
    "All that is, ever
    Ever was, will be, ever
    Twisting, turning, through the never."--Metallica

Comment

so wait, is this like some thinly veiled social commentary about some welfare mother trying her children in South Central LA?

Comment

We call them ghetto deer!!

Comment

Watched this last night............OMG 30K dogs running the streets.

Queen Latifah did a great job as the narrator. Anyone else watch it?
          This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Originally posted by LAschoolCop View Post
            We call them ghetto deer!!
            Don't you mean ghetto ELK?

I recall being in a black and white and surrounded by about 30 of them. I had to respond when one got north of Washington Blvd and ran head first, T-boning and DENTING a police car driven by Brian Liddy. The dog ran off...if it weren't for the crap and slobber on his door, I'm sure there are those who would have discounted Brian's story. They had to wake up a senior CI detective to get an opinion on how to write the report....sure enough hit & run by a dog!
            "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

[QUOTE=Kieth M.;2987028]Don't you mean ghetto ELK?

That's what we called them, also. There would be packs roaming the ghetto on mids, and you could tell the alpha dog in the pack. Usually the one you had to shoot if you got out of the car.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7772 users online. 287 members and 7485 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X