Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scariest movie of the DECADE

http://insidemovies.moviefone.com/20...xt-blair-witch

I really don't like that they compared this movie to "The Blair Witch Project" because in my opinion, it wasn't too good of a movie. But I do have high hopes for this one, looks purrrty scary.

Too bad it's only showing in 33 theaters nation wide (big cities only) and they refuse to open it up further till they hit a million requests (a bit arrogant )

Futurelaw89

Originally posted by Futurelaw89 View Post
    Too bad it's only showing in 33 theaters nation wide (big cities only) and they refuse to open it up further till they hit a million requests (a bit arrogant )

Futurelaw89
    Or else a good PR move!

I will go and set it.

Comment

Oooh it looks good. I can't bring my wife, she'll make me get off of midnights.

Comment

I would have to go with john carpenters halloween! I still can't find myself watching that alone in my home, and when I do, I have a loaded glock 27 next me at all times, with all the lights on....

"Abandon your animosities and make your sons Americans." - Robert E. Lee, 1865

Comment

looks pretty cool, only took 7 days and cost $11,000 thats pretty crazy

Comment

My Wedding Video. I still flinch when ever I hear " Do you take this woman"

I hear myself yelling at the TV- Don't do it man. Kind of the same reaction when you are yelling at the TV.
            "Don't go in that room-There is a killer in there"

.... joking lol
            Last edited by jcioccke; 10-08-2009, 01:42 PM.
            MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by az4code23 View Post
              I would have to go with john carpenters halloween! I still can't find myself watching that alone in my home, and when I do, I have a loaded glock 27 next me at all times, with all the lights on....

hahaha

Comment

horror movies aren't scary anymore. to this day, the exorcist still creeps me out a little. back when i was little, i wouldn't dare watch it. salem's lot and pet cemetery are a couple of others that frightened me when i was a young, trouble making lad.

Comment

In all honesty the last time I felt terror was at the age of 8-9. I was watching Friday the 13th (the 1st one)

At the end when she was on the boat and Jason came out of the water and grabbed her. You wouldn't get me on a lake at all that summer.
                  MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Seems like it might actually be a good horror film. A friend told me that a friend of his saw a screener and a girl in the front row actually threw up in the theater. lol

Here's an interesting bit I read on wikipedia:

In 2008, the DVD ended up at DreamWorks and was viewed by Production Executive Ashley Brooks. Brooks was so impressed by the movie that she "pestered" her boss, Production Chief Adam Goodman, every day to see the film until he eventually saw it. Goodman, in turn, brought it to his boss, Studio Chief Stacey Snider. They were impressed by the film as well and handed the DVD to Steven Spielberg, who took it home to watch.[8]

In a strange twist, Spielberg allegedly returned to Dreamworks the next day with the DVD in a "garbage bag" because he thought the DVD was "haunted". According to Spielberg, minutes after he viewed the film, his bedroom doors "locked by themselves" and he couldn't get out without calling in a locksmith. Despite this, Spielberg loved the movie and helped to greenlight a remake to be produced by Jason Blum and directed by Oren Peli again. "They didn't know what to do with [the movie]," Blum stated about the remake, adding that they just wanted to be "in business" with Peli.

Comment

This is in Reference to 'Paranormal Activity' -

Ok So I'm not a huge scary/terror/horror movie fan but after seeing the reviews on rottentomatoes.com and hearing the hype I figured I'd go watch it opening night.

A couple of things, first the movie is severely over hyped and over rated and secondly if you watch any of the previews it somewhat gives away what is probably the scariest part of the movie.

In my opinion, the movie is OK, the amateur-grab-a-camera and film type recording gets annoying fast, the movie takes forever to develop to the point where you actually begin to get scared and then it peaks and ends somewhat abruptly. So 'Paranormal Activity' does have it's moments, I don't want to give any of it away, but there were a couple of parts that I was like "Holy Crap that is some freaky a-- s h - t" and I felt my nerves crawling once during the movie, so it's still pretty good. The movie has some really dry humor type comedy in it as well, which I liked and I seemed to be laughing quite a bit.

Bottom line I went into the movie expecting way to much, but overall it is good, maybe not see in the theater on opening night good but worth watching.
                      Last edited by Incognito007; 10-09-2009, 06:56 PM.

Comment

I wonder about the people who created the SAW movies. Like the ideas that they come up with for torture. I like the movies, but i think the people who created them have some mental issues!
                        "Its not what you know, its what you can prove."-Training Day

"Game on, bitches. Whoop whoop, flash the lights, pull it over."

Comment

"Horror" movies today aren't as much about developing a psychological creep out as they are about shocking you with new and completely gory things. I will probably never see any Saw movie. I like the old Friday the 13th's and Halloween type movies. They scared you more by creating an anticipation of something bad about to happen then by visually grossing you out.
                          "All that is, ever
                          Ever was, will be, ever
                          Twisting, turning, through the never."--Metallica

Comment

The scariest parts were the trailer with the exception of a scene that involves the female being dragged from the bed by the entity. The Exorcist it ain't. A Blockbuster rental at best. Boo!

Comment

Definately creepy in some scenes, but overall it wasn't a terrifying movie like some chicks told me it would be. I already believe in all this paranormal stuff so it wasn't too big of a shock to me.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5252 users online. 295 members and 4957 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X