300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southland Season 2!!

Anyone else really excited about this season coming up? It was a great show I think, which is rare to come by now adays.

When does it begin? I really enjoyed last season.

Comment

October 23rd I believe. It was going to start in September but they decided to push it back so they wouldn't have to compete with shows like the office and my name is earl that sort of thing.

Its also on Fridays now at 9pm when it starts up again.

A Little Teaser.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qx7A7...layer_embedded

Comment

It's one of about 4 shows that I can tolerate on T.V., so I'm pretty excited

Comment

Thats exactly how I feel item.

Comment

I can't wait to see who they're going to dominate this season...

Maybe Kayne West again? They could have a field day with that. Def going to be an Obama one
            "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit" - Aristotle

Comment

Chevy, I think your talking about South Park. Never the less thatll be a good season too. haha

Comment

Yeah its one of the few shows that are decent now. Flashforward is a decent show as well.

Comment

So much for that.

http://www.thrfeed.com/2009/10/nbc-c...southland.html
                  NBC cancels 'Southland' before its premiere
                  NBC has canceled the well-regarded John Wells' cop drama "Southland."

No, the network hasn't started airing the show's second season yet. Why -- why do you ask?

Oh, that's right. Because axing a returning scripted drama right before its season debut is highly unusual.

It's sort of like shooting your racehorse in the starting gate.

The network has six produced episodes, which were originally scheduled to begin airing on Fridays starting Oct. 23. Instead NBC has shut down production on "Southland" and plans to keep "Dateline" in the slot.

Here's a Jay Leno-monologue-joke version of this story: "NBC's ratings aren't so hot. In fact -- and this is true -- this week the network canceled the show 'Southland' before it even came back on the air. Next thing you know they'll be canceling shows before writers can even think of them."

OK, so late-night jokes are tougher to write than they look.

And one could retort that having "Leno" at 10 pm is canceling shows before writers can think of them.

"I'm disappointed that NBC no longer has the time periods available to support the kind of critically-acclaimed series that was for so many years, a hallmark of their success," Wells told THR. "We remain extremely proud of 'Southland' and are actively looking for another home for the series."

You understand why NBC did this, though. "Southland" has a promising debut on Thursdays late last season and former co-chair Ben Silverman quickly renewed the show -- even as its ratings were sharply dropping. The current networks brass remembers how the numbers trended and understands there's little chance of "Southland" performing a miracle comeback on Friday nights.

So better to snuff the long-odds horse before the race rather than let the crowd watch a wounded mare limp around the track, right?

And yet, the move does remind us of Leno at 10 pm. -- that whole sense that NBC has high risk aversion when it comes to airing new dramas. Better dead than red (in the face).

According to the network, "Southland" was "too dark and gritty" for broadcast, as if viewers are too fragile to handle an adult show. As for Wells' line about how NBC doesn't have time periods available, the way "Mercy" and "Trauma" are performing, NBC will likely have had better time-slot options for "Southland" than Friday nights soon enough.

Bottom line: If NBC had faith in "Southland," the network could tell a grown-up cop story at 9 p.m. this season.

NBC executives have seen these new "Southland" episodes, we haven't. Given the show's ratings last season, their decision was probably the correct one and the network likely expedited the inevitable.

It's just doesn't seem very sporting.

Comment

You've gotta be kidding me. Who the heck are running NBC right now? The show was pretty good! First Kings which was a great show they replaced it with Southland, and now they replace Southland.
                    Last edited by LINY; 10-09-2009, 02:53 PM.

Comment

WHAT!!!! Dang... and I was counting down the days until Oct 23rd....
                      Chris

XBOX Live: Citizen GaKar

http://i36.tinypic.com/1zoxgtc.gif

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick1701 View Post
                        WHAT!!!! Dang... and I was counting down the days until Oct 23rd....
                        Me too, but it's really official now. Apparently all the episodes are done so hopefully another network takes it over at least!

Comment

AHHH MANNNN!!!! That is one of the few shows I follow weekly. Damn.

Comment

That sucks! I was looking forward to it. Im sure another network will pick it up. It brings in ratings.
                            Dispatch: "All units be advised, he's on foot in a red dodge pick up truck."
                            Me: "Ummm, control..."

Comment

...I hope.
                              Dispatch: "All units be advised, he's on foot in a red dodge pick up truck."
                              Me: "Ummm, control..."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3079 users online. 154 members and 2925 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X