300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cops

Would you welcome being featured on COPS, and do you know anyone who has been ? (Perhaps even yourself )
    And what's the rank and file LEO opinion of the show ?

There are a few on the forums here that've been on cops, or have been shown as backup in response to a call. Can't answer anything other than that though

Comment

My bro-in-law was on COPS a few years ago. He is a Sgt. for the LAPD. I certainly can't speak for him, but he didn't seem too fired up about being on there.
      Sworn on September 22, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by kennyqb View Post
        Would you welcome being featured on COPS, and do you know anyone who has been ? (Perhaps even yourself )
        And what's the rank and file LEO opinion of the show ?

Some of my friends have been on it.

One who had the camera crew ride with him said it sucked because you have to explain everything to the camera as your driving to the call.

Comment

Originally posted by HEDP View Post

One who had the camera crew ride with him said it sucked because you have to explain everything to the camera as your driving to the call.

"Ive been on the dept. for about 4 years now. My cousins brother was a cop I rode along one night. From that point on, I knew I wanted to do this as a career, wouldn't change it for the world. Now where en-route to a domestic...."
          "Its not what you know, its what you can prove."-Training Day

"Game on, bitches. Whoop whoop, flash the lights, pull it over."

Comment

Originally posted by HEDP View Post

Are the officers given a choice to take part, or was it an order ?

Comment

I had them ride with me for a month and I didn't mind. It was different, which can be a good thing. Not to mention that I now have video saved for posterity and can watch it when I'm old and grey.

One good thing is it's their policy to buy lunch whenever they ride with you. We all liked that. They were a good bunch of guys, which they have to be, otherwise no one would want them riding along.

Comment

Originally posted by kennyqb View Post
                Are the officers given a choice to take part, or was it an order ?
                Out here (Vegas), they generally ask for a volunteer, since some officers don't mind, while others hate it. They filmed a few clips for this season at my station a few months ago, and 1 has already aired. The camera guys are generally pretty good though - they have been filming cops as long as many of the most veteran guys have been officers, so they have a good sense of what to do, and when to turn the cameras off. Most people don't realize that they do not film everything. If they get a clip that they think they keep, they have you do all the talking that goes before the clip along with the shots of the car.

Comment

MPDC hasn't been on COPS. I would not want them riding with me. I don't know anyone that's been on COPS either.

All that said, COPS is my favorite tv show. There probably isn't an episode that I haven't seen.

Comment

Originally posted by LA Copper View Post
                    I had them ride with me for a month and I didn't mind. It was different, which can be a good thing. Not to mention that I now have video saved for posterity and can watch it when I'm old and grey.

One good thing is it's their policy to buy lunch whenever they ride with you. We all liked that. They were a good bunch of guys, which they have to be, otherwise no one would want them riding along.
                    time to post your claim to fame on this site

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd_jones View Post
                      time to post your claim to fame on this site
                      I thought I did.

(I also got on a bunch of episodes of LAPD, Life On The Beat.)

Comment

Seriously, I'm a suck for this show....and every other reality cop show on TV. I can't believe how long this show has been on TV and I've probably seen every episode. See what happens when I can play with my Dad's siren anymore?

Comment

Double post sorry.
                          Last edited by Wynne; 10-27-2009, 11:28 PM. Reason: double post

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4202 users online. 246 members and 3956 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X