300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Last Castle

I was looking through some movie suggestions on Netflix and saw this one. It is an older movie but I had never heard of it before. I rented it and really enjoyed it. It was about a General that is court marshaled and sent to a military prison. Robert Redford stars.

Agreed, that was a decent relatively unknown movie.

Speaking of movies that aren't extremely well known but good, State of Grace is a great cop movie about Irish mobsters in NYC. Great cast, Sean Penn, Ed Harris, Gary Oldman, etc.
    Before science, it was believed that autumn was caused by Chuck Norris simultaneously roundhouse kicking every tree on the planet.

Comment

Thanks for the recommendation. I like those hidden gem movies that you never heard of but turn out to be really good to watch. I will check it out.

Comment

Pay it Forward and Finding Forrester are other good ones...
        'Evil always wins when Good does nothing'-Anonymous

Comment

I did see those. I also saw one called Yonkers Joe about a gambling hustler that has a mentally challenged son. I thought it was pretty good.

Comment

Secondhand Lions is another good flick that you don't hear much about. My whole family loves it.
            "All that is, ever
            Ever was, will be, ever
            Twisting, turning, through the never."--Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by fishAK View Post
              Secondhand Lions is another good flick that you don't hear much about. My whole family loves it.
              Is that the one with Robert Duval and Michael Cain? That was great!

Son of Rambo was very good and off-beat.

One of my favorite WWII movies is Hope and Glory. John Boorman's childhood recollections of growing up during the blitz.
              Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by willowdared View Post
                Is that the one with Robert Duval and Michael Cain? That was great!
                That's the one. And Haley Joel Osment did an outstanding job in that movie as well.
                "All that is, ever
                Ever was, will be, ever

Comment

loved the last castle........fantastic movie

The above comments reflect the personal and unofficial opinions of the poster; and in no way should be taken to indicate any opinion or policy of any government agency.

Comment

The House of Sand and Fog

Great flick!
                    We ride for those who died!

RIP SgtCHP!

Comment

I loved having netflix, got the chance to see a lot of movies I had never heard of...
                      “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

Righteous Kill - DeNero and Pacino - excellent
                        The All New
                        BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
                        Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
                        - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

"The life of David Gale" is a good one that alot of people dont know about. Kevin Spacey stars.
                          "Its not what you know, its what you can prove."-Training Day

"Game on, bitches. Whoop whoop, flash the lights, pull it over."

Comment

Ok, so this one is a little odd, but it's ridiculously entertaining:

"Hoodwinked: The True Story of Red Riding Hood"

It's a cartoon, and funny. Couldn't help but crack up at some of the stuff in it.
                            "All that is, ever
                            Ever was, will be, ever

Comment

Moving Violations. An oldy. Love it when the girl goes to "The Clinic". So dumb but so funny.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6308 users online. 333 members and 5975 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X