Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battle of Seattle

http://www.battleinseattlemovie.com/

apparently they're making a movie about 1999 WTO riots, looks pretty pro-protester.

Umm...thay made it already, it's been released.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/movies/364341_siff24.html
    "We're not in this business for the money. We're not in it for the excitement, and moments like this. Duty, honor, country, service, truth, and justice are good. But you can do that from behind a desk. In the end, you carry a gun and shield out into the field for the sole purpose of confronting the bad guys. The enemy. There is no other reason to be on the front lines." ~Nelson Demille

If your story involves Peanut Butter and an animal - give up now!
    sigpic

Comment

Has anyone here see in? Apparently it wasn't that great if this is the first I'm hearing about it?

Comment

I hate hippies.

Comment

I can only imagine how bad it would be...

EDIT: Woody Harrelson plays a cop? Baha... I love it, "it changed their lives forever. It changed a city forever."
          Last edited by nr5667; 09-11-2008, 04:02 AM.

Comment

Let me get this straight...the movie had its debut at this festival in May? It has yet to hit my local multi-plex, so it sounds like it's going to be direct-to-video.
            "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

It's an Indy, left-wing, nut job interpretation of the events. It will never be in your multiplex, but should be on the Blockbuster $1.99 table by Christmas.

It is total exaggeration - Charlize Theron is the pregnant wife of cop Woody Harrellson, and she has a miscarriage because she gets caught up in the riots.

Other than some good footage of the actual event, wait for it to be on TV next year sometime - don't waste your money on it.
              "We're not in this business for the money. We're not in it for the excitement, and moments like this. Duty, honor, country, service, truth, and justice are good. But you can do that from behind a desk. In the end, you carry a gun and shield out into the field for the sole purpose of confronting the bad guys. The enemy. There is no other reason to be on the front lines." ~Nelson Demille

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cgh6366 View Post
                Other than some good footage of the actual event, wait for it to be on TV next year sometime - don't waste your money on it.
                I'll do even better than that, and not waste my time on it!

Unless, of course, President for Life Obama forces me to watch.
                "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Originally posted by Kieth M. View Post
                  I'll do even better than that, and not waste my time on it!

Unless, of course, President for Life Obama forces me to watch.
                  If he had his way it would become a documentary - the untold story!

sigpic

Comment

I remember talking to our instructor about this a few months ago in DUI training. He had been in the middle of it from the get go. As he put it "I got to bash so many hippies for so long i thought i had died and gone to heaven"

Comment

I watched a few youtube videos of it, they really gave those hippies an asskicking lol

Comment

I guess it is going to be released to main stream theaters tomorrow.

http://www.battleinseattlemovie.com/

sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3170 users online. 172 members and 2998 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X