Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What the heck kind of spam letter is this?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the heck kind of spam letter is this?

This arrived in my junk mail folder today . . . . the 'spammer's' original tactics must not be working on people anymore. . . because this one is totally new to me . . .

It was titled, "I WOULD LIKE TO COME STAY WITH YOU"
    from "SUSAN GRAY"

HELLO, MY NAME IS SUSAN GRAY, I AM ORIGINALLY FROM RUSSIA BUT I AM BASED NOW IN LONDON. I AM A VERY BEAUTIFUL YOUNG WOMAN. MY INTEREST IN WRITTING TO YOU IS I WOULD LIKE TO RELOCATE TO YOUR COUNTRY BUT I NEED PLACE TO STAY AND START FROM, MY HUSBAND IS DEAD AND ALOT OF FAMILY ISSUES PLEASE I NEED PEACE AND A FREASH START. MAYBE AFTER AWHILE I WOULD BUY A HOUSE OF MY OWN. IF YOU WOULD LOVE FOR ME TO COME STAY WITH YOU PLEASE SEND TO ME YOUR FULL NAME, PHONE NUMBER AND ADDRESS ALSO OCCUPATION FOR I DONT WANT A GOLD DIGGER. NOTE I WOULD VERIFY YOU BEFOR I LEAVE.I COULD HELP YOUR BUSINESS FOR I AM RELOCATING WITH ENOUGH CAPITAL.

THANK YOU
    'Evil always wins when Good does nothing'-Anonymous

And you know what's both funny and sad? There are is a handful of people out there somewhere that will fall for this.

Comment

haha yeah, im sure a few people have been suckered in already by the thought of a mysterious, smart, beautiful woman with an accent . . . haha . . . til they start asking for money for her travel expenses!
      'Evil always wins when Good does nothing'-Anonymous

Comment

Wait... there isn't a beautiful blonde Russian coming to my house in a week..??

I mean.. uh, yeah! Stupid idiots out there falling for it!

“The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

Originally posted by cbr600_kitty View Post
          This arrived in my junk mail folder today . . . . the 'spammer's' original tactics must not be working on people anymore. . . because this one is totally new to me . . .

from "SUSAN GRAY"

HELLO, MY NAME IS SUSAN GRAY, I AM ORIGINALLY FROM RUSSIA BUT I AM BASED NOW IN LONDON. I AM A VERY BEAUTIFUL YOUNG WOMAN. MY INTEREST IN WRITTING TO YOU IS I WOULD LIKE TO RELOCATE TO YOUR COUNTRY BUT I NEED PLACE TO STAY AND START FROM, MY HUSBAND IS DEAD AND ALOT OF FAMILY ISSUES PLEASE I NEED PEACE AND A FREASH START. MAYBE AFTER AWHILE I WOULD BUY A HOUSE OF MY OWN. IF YOU WOULD LOVE FOR ME TO COME STAY WITH YOU PLEASE SEND TO ME YOUR FULL NAME, PHONE NUMBER AND ADDRESS ALSO OCCUPATION FOR I DONT WANT A GOLD DIGGER. NOTE I WOULD VERIFY YOU BEFOR I LEAVE.I COULD HELP YOUR BUSINESS FOR I AM RELOCATING WITH ENOUGH CAPITAL.

THANK YOU

Why is it when I read this in my head I instantly use a "NATASHA" accent like in Rocky and Bullwinkle?

Comment

I haven't seen this one before. It's a good read

The kind I've gotten several times was someone from Africa, who is heir to his father's riches but they are persecuted and can't get to it directly. Would I give them my name, address and bank account number so they can deposit the money in my account. LOL

Comment

She was at my house a coupla weeks ago.

Snapped a pic of her on the front porch.

Your call.

"Yes sir, I know you have rights."
              "In fact, I know your rights better than you do!"

Comment

I Wonder If She Thinks We're All Hard Of Hearing In America?
                Last edited by ComicGuy; 08-08-2008, 12:11 AM.
                sigpic
                Don't make me gassy.
                You wouldn't LIKE me when I'm gassy...

If you're offended by something that I've said...it was just your turn.

Comment

We got a call a couple of days ago from a "victim" who answered their phone and was talking to someone who was asking alot of questions and after they were given some pretty sensitive information (SSN, DOB, Address) the caller hung up on the victim. Now they want a report made. ??????? I wanted to slap this lady, maybe she'd wake up.
                  I am a Native American of non-Indian decent.

Cleaning the pool, one gene at a time.

I'm on a 30 day diet. So far I've lost 15 days!

Comment

Originally posted by cbr600_kitty View Post

from "SUSAN GRAY"

THANK YOU
                    dont forget the social security number and all of your bank account numbers and oh yeah your first born also
                    Lawdog TCSO
                    In God We Trust all Others we Check NCIC
                    well daisy if you do

Comment

deleted profile
                      Last edited by blackdog797; 08-15-2008, 09:07 AM.

Comment

ummm

Susan
                        Gray

Russian?

Do ya think THAT alone would be a CLUE?
                        Hatred never ceases by hatred, but by love alone is healed.
                        Happiness never decreases by being shared. -- Buddhist quotation
                        A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. -- Proverbs 15:1

Comment

My dumb a55 replied to one of these things once, telling them how funny it was to read the email. I also gave them some basic grammar lessons, and asked them if anyone actually gave them the info they requested.

Bad move!

Now I get 2-10 of these emails a day. A few months ago for fun I calculated how much money these emails said I could make from the scams sent to me in just one day. It was somthing like 45 million dollars from 8 different emails. I almost quit my job.....
                          "I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle." Winston Churchill

Liberals are very broadminded: they are always willing to give careful consideration to both sides of the same side.

Comment

Boris and natasha are the best. Come on Unobtanium. Thats what Oakleys are made from now.............LOL
                            The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4696 users online. 305 members and 4391 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X