300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Vegas spots?

The hubby to be and I are heading to Vegas at the end of the month (I know hot... but only time we as a cop couple could take off work). I was wondering if anyone knows of any cool new shows or hot spots we should make a point to go visit?

We are not the clubbing kind and not big gamblers... why Vegas then right? Well... lets just say we like the "night"life there.

All suggestions welcome... clean or dirty!
    "You are charging me with a third DUI? What are they going to do to me? Send me to jail and take away my cocktail fruit?"

Remember: a coffin is much hotter than your vest!

Every trip to Vegas...we have to see Elton. Don't know if you like him.

Mamma mia
    The zillion shows of circ de solei
    Blue man
    Bette Midler
    This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Any spot that has good paying slot machines and free drinks is usually where I try to hang out!!

If all else fails try http://www.lasvegas.com/
      R.I.P. Sgt. 1st Class Raymond J. Munden

You're service and sacrifice will not be forgotten.

Kieth M.
      I once knew a guy who said, "I'll step over any nine to get to three threes!"

I knew at that precise moment that he and I would never get into a fistfight over a woman.

Comment

Check this out a friend of mine runs the site: scenelasvegas.com

Comment

per katz's link it says it 99 degrees at 7pm in las vegas!!!!
          This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Just got back from Vegas a couple of weeks ago. We stayed at the New York New York hotel, and enjoyed every minute of it. Just a lil bit of advice, just because you can see a hotel, doesn't mean you can easily walk to it.

Take the bus called the 'Duece'- $5 per person for an entire 24 hour period. WELL worth it, trust me!! Didn't see any shows, mainly due to the cost of the tickets. Most ran from $70 per person.

And the last and most important piece of advice: Run far far away from anyone attempting to get you to go look at the Tahiti Village!!!! Trust me by the end of your stay in Vegas, you will be ready to kill anyone associated with this place! I got suckered into doing the "Tour" and completely regret it! The worst staged sales presentation I've ever seen in my life.

Comment

I'd avoid the new monorail, waste of money, at least when I was there last. Public transportation has been pretty nasty there as well, especially if you're in the downtown area, I'd avoid the buses at night. I ended up taking cabs everywhere, quicker and saved me money compared to the bus and monorail.

Comment

Last time I went we went to lake Meade and rented a boat and wake board for a day. Large lake easy to get lost, make sure you get your boat back on time.

Also at least 2 local gun shops rent machineguns.

Went to the simulated knights jousting Tournement thing, it was kinda fun.

Wife had to ride all the roller coasters.

Comment

It's 0040hrs out here right now and the temp is holding strong at 94 degrees so be ready for the heat. When you get out here check out some of the shows at the hotels anything by Cirque du Soleil is a winner in my opinion.

The are very nice places to eat so take full advantage of that.

CrossFit

RossTraining

Comment

For clean entertainment I'd recommend the Phantom of the Opera @ the venetian. Prince also has a nightclub @ the Rio I believe. As far as other types of entertainment you have to go to the Spearmint Rhino. Have fun and keep your money in your front pocket.
                    "Valor would cease to be a virtue, if there were no injustice." -Agesilaus the Great

Comment

Check with Vegasmetro - he works out there and could probably tell you good areas and not so good areas. Probably has a few off the strip locations that are worth checking out.

Comment

Originally posted by INDiver View Post
                        Check with Vegasmetro - he works out there and could probably tell you good areas and not so good areas. Probably has a few off the strip locations that are worth checking out.
                        There are also a few off Strip areas to avoid. Stay away from all of Downtown except Freemont at night (even Freemont is a bit shady), stay away from the entire neighborhood immediately east of the Strip (if you hit Paradise, dont go any further, at least not on foot). The new Deuce buses on the Strip are great, like was said $5 for an all day pass, and they stop at all major hotels on the Strip, and run every 10-15 minutes.

As for shows, Blue Man Group and Phantom at the Venetian are very good, as are all Cirque shows. La Reve at the Wynn is decent as well. The Stratosphere has coll rides and views, but is a crappy hotel otherwise, so try and avoid it. There is a company on LV Blvd South near the Vegas sign that does helicopter tours of the Strip and downtown at night, so if you have the cash, I hear its pretty amazing. There is also Red Rock Canyon to the west of town, Lake Mead not far away, and Mt. Charleston (75-80 in late august, pine forest) about 45 minutes away from town if you decide to rent a car. There is plenty good shopping on the Strip, and plenty of great resturaunts.

Comment

I recommend 'O' , the flagship Cirque de Soleil show. And if you want to see it, get seats as near the stage as you can. It is truly an awesome show to watch. Not only did I marvel at the stunts, I was amazed at the engineering as well.

Other shows I've seen, Love, Elton John, Mamma Mia (good one too), and Chippendales (it was a girl's night out).

I think I'd see David Copperfield if I went there again. There is a Shark Aquarium at the Mandalay ($10 admission if I remember it right), an adult topless poolside at the Mirage (near Ziegfried and Roy's Secret Garden), the gardens at the Bellagio, the indoor canal at the Venetian.

Restaurants at the Forum, shops at The Forum at Caesars, I've also dined at Emeril's Delmonicos, Smith and Wollenskys, and the Stratosphere. I think this year, this 'in' place is Hard Rock Cafe.

Most of the areas I go to are along the strip. I'd ask some locals for their favorite dining spots or slot machines. Hope these help.

-JBean

Comment

There are great buffets in some of the bigger hotels on the strip so bring your appetite.

One of the best shows I've seen there is Danny Gans at the Mirage. Highly recommend his show.

Comment

Oui. Vous devez aller au Cirque du Soleil.

Personally, I prefer to stay at the Marriott Suites or Residence Inn near the Convention Center. Or you might staydowntown at the Golden Nugget, even though downtown is largely a dump. You can walk around and can get in an out of the garage easily, which means you can get to the Strip. Use the back roads that parallel Las Vegas Boulevard -- Industrial Road on the West and Paradise Road / Koval Road on the East. They have less traffic and have back entrances to the parking garages.

No matter what, stay away from the places with topless dancers. They are incredible rip-offs, as well as tasteless.
                              Last edited by DAL; 08-05-2008, 05:29 PM.
                              Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
                              Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3295 users online. 163 members and 3132 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X