Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job Security

This, is what I call job security....
    I recommend following the link and watching the video... at least he tried to be safe with the red t-shirt....

Link to Story and Video

Miami Man Straps Stolen Lamppost To Van
    Man Says He Tried To Sell It For Scrap At Recycling Center

MIAMI -- A man was arrested Tuesday after he strapped a lamppost onto the top of a van and tried to sell it for scrap at a recycling center, Miami police said.

Elio Valera had recycling in mind when he strapped the light pole to the top of a borrowed van and drove it about 40 blocks to a recycling center near Northwest Seventh Avenue and 21st Street, where he intended to sell it for a few hundred dollars.

"It's been on the ground for three months," Valera told Local 10's Mark Joyella. "Nobody's picked it up. So if they don't want to recycle and use it, I'll do it."

He tried and was arrested, facing charges of theft and dealing in stolen property. Still, even the Miami Police Department's top cop marveled at how Valera traveled 40 blocks in city traffic with a light pole tied to a van by just some rope without causing a crash -- even tying red rags to both ends of the pole to warn drivers of his oversized load.

"Well, 40 years in the business, three cities, lots of experience, I've never seen anything like this," Miami Police Chief John Timoney commented.

Valera had hoped to sell the lamppost as scrap but was arrested before attempting to make the sale.

"I mean, it was a crazy idea, but…" Valera said as his voice trailed off.

While officers were arresting Valera, another man approached the recycling center with a stolen Miami-Dade County sewer cover in a shopping cart. Joseph Moniz was also arrested and faces similar charges.

In the end, it took a team of two with a high-tech truck to move what Valera only needed a van and some rope to accomplish.
    “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Job-Security is right..... never a shortage of idiots on this planet, it seems...
    1*

Comment

LOL....God I love Miami...
      sigpic

Comment

Guess he thought no one would notice......

At least he didnt spot weld himself to the floor, like a couple of our recent copper thieves did......they forgot to kill the power first.....
        The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Had close to the same thing about a month ago. The idiot had a long piece of railroad track dragging on the ground sticking out about 15 feet behind his van. Oh well, he was also arrested.
          Budda sat in front of a wall and when he stood up he was enlightened. I sat in front of a wall and when I stood up the wall was enlightened.

We forge our skills in the fire of our will.

Comment

you can't fix stupid!
            ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
            Oscar Wilde

Comment

"It's been on the ground for three months," Valera told Local 10's Mark Joyella. "Nobody's picked it up. So if they don't want to recycle and use it, I'll do it."

Sounds reasonable except for how he chose to transport it.

Comment

While officers were arresting Valera, another man approached the recycling center with a stolen Miami-Dade County sewer cover in a shopping cart. Joseph Moniz was also arrested and faces similar charges.

I love how some other idiot with a stolen sewer cover tries to cash in WHILE this guy is being arrested. What a maroon!

Comment

Originally posted by CathyGo View Post

Sounds reasonable except for how he chose to transport it.
                  Except that the light pole is city property....doesnt matter how long it was laying there......
                  The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

I know that I just was saying that I could see why he might think it was alright to take it.

Comment

Who said that there weren't any laws against stupidity? You'd have to be stupid to commit a crime like that, much less think you were going to get away with it.

Comment

Originally posted by texaschickeee View Post
                        you can't fix stupid!
                        Yes you can, you just need the right tools!
                        Glock, Smith and Wesson, Beretta, Sig... you know some good old fashion power tools.
                        It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

Originally posted by CathyGo View Post
                          I know that I just was saying that I could see why he might think it was alright to take it.
                          ahhhhhh....ok....then you should have added 'it seemed reasonable at the time to his drug addled mind'

hard to detect sarcasm sometimes....my bad.....

Comment

I thought I was gonna read a story on how some dude tried to dress his up van like a tank and drive around the city. Serves me right. I shouldn't guess the story based on the picture...
                            sigpic

Comment

At least he was hard-working.
                              Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
                              Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4371 users online. 195 members and 4176 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X